Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2024, 5:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia and Ukraine
RE: Russia and Ukraine
(August 18, 2023 at 12:43 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(August 18, 2023 at 10:22 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: That’s a shameful page in our history yes.

But you didn't answer my question. Do you think Armenians should be forced to honor the Turks who slaughtered them? Because that is exactly what you state the Ukrainians should be doing.

(August 18, 2023 at 10:22 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: But look what the Germans are doing. I think denialism does not lead us anywhere.

The Germans aren't practicing denialism, though. The German government freely acknowledges its Nazi past, indeed educates German students about the guilt Germany carries for the atrocities.

(August 18, 2023 at 10:22 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: I believe in facing these realities, trying to understand why they happened and raising new generations who will not repeat these mistakes Smile

I believe there are much better ways of doing this than retaining statues glorifying the oppressors. You know,, things like class-rooms and museums, books and television programs, and so on.

1) No that’s not what I said. Do read my post on the USSR once again Smile
2) Yes, That’s what I am saying
3) Whatever you say. That’s not what I meant. I said something different. Then I agreed with the fact that (not suffering the horrible situation in Ukraine right now, I wasn’t in a good place to criticize the Ukrainians for doing that). I agree that they are probably right in willing to remove a symbol of Russian oppression. I think they are right to see it that way. It’s the Russians (or more precisely Putin) who dishonored what I see as a common cultural heritage in the first place.

Anyway. I’m leaving you for a week or two. Good luck to anyone who is in Canada right now. Forest fires are dangerous so try not to take unnecessary risks.

Auf Wieder Sehen Smile
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

(August 20, 2023 at 7:04 am)Leonardo17 Wrote:
(August 18, 2023 at 12:43 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: But you didn't answer my question. Do you think Armenians should be forced to honor the Turks who slaughtered them? Because that is exactly what you state the Ukrainians should be doing.

The Germans aren't practicing denialism, though. The German government freely acknowledges its Nazi past, indeed educates German students about the guilt Germany carries for the atrocities.

I believe there are much better ways of doing this than retaining statues glorifying the oppressors. You know,, things like class-rooms and museums, books and television programs, and so on.

1) No that’s not what I said. Do read my post on the USSR once again Smile
2) Yes, That’s what I am saying
3) Whatever you say. That’s not what I meant. I said something different. Then I agreed with the fact that (not suffering the horrible situation in Ukraine right now, I wasn’t in a good place to criticize the Ukrainians for doing that). I agree that they are probably right in willing to remove a symbol of Russian oppression. I think they are right to see it that way. It’s the Russians (or more precisely Putin) who dishonored what I see as a common cultural heritage in the first place.

[Image: PRuWZTI.gif]

And you still haven't answered my question.

Developments in Special Moon Operation (SMO) not necessarily in favor of Mother Russia

(CNN) - Russia’s first moon mission in decades has ended in failure after the Luna-25 spacecraft collided with the Moon’s surface.

The incident happened after communication with the spacecraft was interrupted, a blow to Russia’s space ambitions.

Russia’s space agency, Roscosmos, said it lost communication with Luna-25 on Saturday around 2:57pm Moscow time.

“The measures taken on August 19 and 20 to search for the device and get into contact with it did not yield any results,” it said.

According to preliminary calculations, Luna-25 “switched to an off-design orbit” before the collision, Roscosmos said.
(August 20, 2023 at 6:58 am)Leonardo17 Wrote:
(August 18, 2023 at 10:56 am)arewethereyet Wrote: What we did was shameful but the Germans are worse isn't a good argument or defense.

No, now if you allow me to speak openly;

You can speak openly but be prepared to be called out on bullshit.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

They have no common cultural heritage, what little they share could be persuasively argued....by the kremlins means...to say that russia should surrender to fucking ukraine, as a country. By their batshit logic, there should be a little ukraine which is conveniently...you know...ukraine....., and a fucking big one the size of russia.

Russia doesn't believe the shit they say, though, so why should anyone else? Do you?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yes I think you are right. Sometimes I tend browse through the different messages very fast. Sorry about that.

So that’s all I am saying and this time I am really leaving for a week or two. So take care Smile

Ukrainians are getting 42 F-16’s from a coalition of countries (that includes Denmark and the Netherlands) by the end of 2023:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-war-l...37104.html

So they only need to find 30 more english speaking pilots. - I'll let myself out.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 21, 2023 at 6:33 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: So they only need to find 30 more english speaking pilots. - I'll let myself out.

Estimates vary slightly, but the consensus is that about 60% of Ukrainians are proficient/fluent in English. At least some of them must be pilots.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Oh well, Prigozhin should have gotten Putin when he had a chance. What else did he expect? To live?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China & Russia Silver 32 3350 November 29, 2023 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  China and Russia's presidents -both- absent from the G20 WinterHold 16 1837 October 1, 2023 at 8:09 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 480 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc. Nishant Xavier 53 4426 August 7, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 8706 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Micheal Cohen lied about Russia Tower deal. Brian37 6 1068 November 29, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING:Trump Promises Strike on Syria and Warns Russia Against Backing Assad WinterHold 20 4581 April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 12826 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  U.S. War Plane Shoots Down A Syrian Jet: Russia Warns Of Consequences A Theist 40 15325 June 21, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Michael Flynn, national security adviser, resigns over Russia contacts c172 48 9914 February 18, 2017 at 11:40 am
Last Post: John V