Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 2:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
Quote:Members of the Kennedy family are denouncing 2024 presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s decision on Monday to abandon his Democratic campaign and instead run as an independent candidate.

“The decision of our brother Bobby to run as a third-party candidate against Joe Biden is dangerous to our country,” read a statement signed by four of Kennedy’s siblings, including former Maryland Lt. Gov. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend (D), former Rep. Joseph Kennedy II (D-Mass.), Rory Kennedy and Kerry Kennedy.

“Bobby might share the same name as our father, but he does not share the same values, vision or judgment. Today’s announcement is deeply saddening for us. We denounce his candidacy and believe it to be perilous for our country,” the statement continued.

RFK Jr. announced Monday his decision to abandon his Democratic primary challenge to President Biden and enter the general election.

A recent poll showed in a hypothetical three-way race among Biden, former President Trump and Kennedy, he would get 14 percent of the vote, Biden would get 31 percent of the vote and Trump would get 33 percent.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/42...r-country/

That is how it should be.

An obvious issue of the past that needs major rectification is familial support. They are rightfully no longer adhering to silent support when it comes to family members with unsound ideology.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 9, 2023 at 2:38 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: A recent poll showed in a hypothetical three-way race among Biden, former President Trump and Kennedy, he would get 14 percent of the vote, Biden would get 31 percent of the vote and Trump would get 33 percent.

Fortunately we don't do three-way races.   Kennedy will go to the Democratic Party convention and get his ass handed to him.  Then Biden will run against a jailbird in the general.
(October 9, 2023 at 3:53 pm)LinuxGal Wrote:
(October 9, 2023 at 2:38 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: A recent poll showed in a hypothetical three-way race among Biden, former President Trump and Kennedy, he would get 14 percent of the vote, Biden would get 31 percent of the vote and Trump would get 33 percent.

Fortunately we don't do three-way races.   Kennedy will go to the Democratic Party convention and get his ass handed to him.  Then Biden will run against a jailbird in the general.

Reread the article. Kennedy declared as an independent this morning.

(October 9, 2023 at 4:02 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(October 9, 2023 at 3:53 pm)LinuxGal Wrote: Fortunately we don't do three-way races.   Kennedy will go to the Democratic Party convention and get his ass handed to him.  Then Biden will run against a jailbird in the general.

Reread the article. Kennedy declared as an independent this morning.

Derp!
And with both Kennedy and No Labels in it --

Quote:Which brings me back to a contingent election. It seems highly unlikely that No Labels would outright win 270 electoral votes. There are just too many Americans who cannot imagine voting for anyone other than Trump or Biden. Alabama, Texas, Massachusetts and California — there are plenty of states where their choice for president is going to be whoever is on Team Elephant or Team Donkey.

Thus, the duty falls to Congress, and unfortunately, there is no law that specifies exactly how Congress should carry out its duty. All we have is the 12th Amendment, which has only broad procedural directives. If you thought the January 2021 counting of electoral votes was a trainwreck, you have not seen anything yet.

Legislators would have all sorts of incentives for mischief. A partisan majority in the House could, for example, choose its Speaker, then fail to decide who is the president by Jan. 20, which means the Speaker could become president, per the succession statute. Or, to take another possibility, a determined minority might thwart the House from choosing a Speaker, which leaves it unable to even take up the business of selecting a president.

Meanwhile, the Senate might slow walk its choice of the vice president should it be controlled by the same party as the House. Or if the Senate is led by a different party from the House, the upper chamber might rush through its choice of vice president so that he could ascend to the presidency. (The vice president is second in line and ahead of the Speaker.) Things get even crazier if the Senate president pro tempore decides she wants to be president. While the House dithers she might try to scuttle Senate action on the vice president and get herself elevated to the presidency come Jan. 20.

Whatever the results of the legislative scheming, a huge percentage of voters would feel disenfranchised by the mere fact that legislators did the choosing.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/...president/

There's more to the article, go check it out.

(October 9, 2023 at 2:45 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: That is how it should be.

An obvious issue of the past that needs major rectification is familial support. They are rightfully no longer adhering to silent support when it comes to family members with unsound ideology.

That's because they don't support their family, they support the Democratic party.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(October 11, 2023 at 9:05 am)Aegon Wrote:
(October 9, 2023 at 2:45 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: That is how it should be.

That's because they don't support their family, they support the Democratic party.

I never support my family, they're a pack of morons. Hmph
Quote:“The Young Turks” founder Cenk Uygur announced on his show Wednesday that he will run for president as a Democrat, directly challenging President Biden.

“[Biden] is not going to win,” Uygur said during the announcement. “It should not have been me, it should have been somebody else, but unfortunately it was not anyone else. There’s only four months left. We must change course. He has at best a 10 percent chance of winning. I’m running as a proxy. I am running to win. But I am also running as a proxy for any other candidate.”

The progressive media host has called for Biden to drop out of the race, stating repeatedly that democracy is on the line, referring to former President Trump’s 2024 run.

“We have got to get Biden out of the race,” Uygur said. “Thank you for winning in 2020. But if he loses this time around, it’s not just his problem, it’s all of our problems. I actually think democracy is on the line, and so if it takes me running, that’s what I’m gonna do.

Uygur has a big obstacle to overcome in his run for the White House.

Born in Istanbul, Turkey, Uygur immigrated to the U.S. at 8 years old. He believes that the Constitution’s “Natural Born Citizen” clause will not prevent him in his effort, believing that he can win the battle in the Supreme Court.

“I have lawyered up,” Uygur said. “I have the same lawyer [Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)] used in both of his presidential runs. And my guess is I’m going to have some strong allies in this. Arnold Schwarzenegger. I’m going to the Supreme Court. Either I’m going to win or I’m going to lose. Now this case is on our side. The precedent is definitely on our side. So, what are you going to do, brother?“

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/42...nst-biden/

I'm pretty done with people who think the law doesn't apply to them.

Hehe Uygur's worried about the chump breaking the law, and he's talking about doing so at the starting gate?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1220 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 22643 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 955 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1772 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1100 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 899 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5969 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1679 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2050 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1158 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris