Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2024, 2:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia and Ukraine
RE: Russia and Ukraine
(October 15, 2023 at 2:16 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote:
(October 15, 2023 at 2:13 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: He actually has had a warrant issued for his arrest. Trump turned himself into the authorities in Georgia and is now standing trial.

Yeah, I knew that. I meant a warrant issued from the ICC to Trump, though, unless I am missing something.

We're not a signatory to that organization, so we'd spurn the summons, and very few countries would want problems with America from enforcing the warrrant.

Besides, he'd just flee to Moscow.

(October 15, 2023 at 2:43 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(October 15, 2023 at 2:16 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Yeah, I knew that. I meant a warrant issued from the ICC to Trump, though, unless I am missing something.

We're not a signatory to that organization, so we'd spurn the summons, and very few countries would want problems with America from enforcing the warrrant.

Besides, he'd just flee to Moscow.

I see. Thanks for explaining. Still, I think Trump is the kind of person who would do the things Putin does, even if it is not all of them. To me, if we were signatory to that organization, I'd say it would have been be funny to see the ICC issue a warrant to Trump.

Nothing like that is going to happen, of course, but that thought was still funny to me.
(October 15, 2023 at 2:49 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: I see. Thanks for explaining. Still, I think Trump is the kind of person who would do the things Putin does, even if it is not all of them. To me, if we were signatory to that organization, I'd say it would have been be funny to see the ICC issue a warrant to Trump.

No argument with any point you make here.

(October 15, 2023 at 2:16 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I support the removal of Putin vis high velocity lead injection and the total destruction/break-up of Russia for decency reasons.

People wring their hands over the prospect of a failed russia, what if some madman gets their hands on nukes, they ask.  Already has, I think.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 15, 2023 at 9:56 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Investments in us geopolitical hegemony seem pretty beneficial to me.  

Growing the US economy is far more beneficial to its geopolitical hegemony.
(October 15, 2023 at 10:07 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(October 15, 2023 at 9:37 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote: Government that wastes taxpayers' money is unethical. Therefore evading taxes is ethical. If government doesn't collect enough taxes it can simply stop wasteful spending.
Nope its not. You don't get to break the law, period. Are you really that dense?
Who is going to decide what's "wasting", YOU? 😂

If government is unethical, refusal to fund it is ethical
Taxpayers that believe they aren't adequately represented will make such decision. That's how the US was founded after all.
(October 15, 2023 at 10:11 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(October 15, 2023 at 9:38 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote: I support Putin and war in Ukraine for religious reasons. I still don't understand why it matters to you. If you could convince me or even majority of Russians it still won't change anything because Russia is NOT a democracy.
And STILL you didn't give your opinion.
But thanks for admitting you "support Putin for religious reasons" 😂😂

So, is bombing hospitals as retaliation for alleged NATO expansion ok, in your opinion? It's a simple yes/no question. Pretty easy to answer, isn't it?

You seem to have unhealthy obsession. Why does my opinion matter to you so much?
(October 16, 2023 at 8:26 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote:
(October 15, 2023 at 9:56 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Investments in us geopolitical hegemony seem pretty beneficial to me.  

Growing the US economy is far more beneficial to its geopolitical hegemony.

-just think, we've been doing both.  Growing our economy and helping ukraine kick russias teeth out.

There's honestly nothing worse than a foreign nutball who mainlines us reich wing propaganda.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 15, 2023 at 10:21 am)ShinyCrystals Wrote:
(October 15, 2023 at 9:43 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote: The article says that export restrictions were implemented after that period

I used it as an example. Other 2 articles are about the US.

It doesn't matter because it can't affect Russia's foreign policy. Why do you believe that foreigners can't discuss US politics?

Also, India and the United States are still two different countries, the latter which is not exporting rice or anything.
They both are market economies. The US exports plenty of goods and services including agricutlural products
Quote:And that article you posted still has nothing to do with the USA, nor does it prove anything about preventing inflation.
The article states that export restrictions were implemented to prevent inflation. You are lying now.

Quote:Since the USA does not export as much as they import, and that the USA is not even doing things in terms of exporting that affects inflation at all, your attempts at talking about inflation and the USA are heavily flawed.
The US exports as much as it imports it just happens to be the issuer of world reserve currency.

Quote:I said before that foreigners can discuss US politics if they have proper knowledge of that stuff. You seem to lack proper knowledge yourself based on your posts.[
I've provided several sources for my claims. You've provided zero sources that support any of your claims.
(October 16, 2023 at 8:28 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote:
(October 15, 2023 at 10:07 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Nope its not. You don't get to break the law, period. Are you really that dense?
Who is going to decide what's "wasting", YOU? 😂

If government is unethical, refusal to fund it is ethical
Taxpayers that believe they aren't adequately represented will make such decision. That's how the US was founded after all.
Bullshit. You are trying to change the topic.

Your original claim was: Tax evasion is ethical when government is spending money "wastefully", which you consider to be unethical. This is utter BULLSHIT. And you gave no other justification than to point to "no taxation without representation", which is an entirely DIFFERENT topic.
I repeat my question:Who is going to decide what "wasteful tax spending is". YOU????
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China & Russia Silver 32 3348 November 29, 2023 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  China and Russia's presidents -both- absent from the G20 WinterHold 16 1836 October 1, 2023 at 8:09 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 480 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc. Nishant Xavier 53 4423 August 7, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 8702 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Micheal Cohen lied about Russia Tower deal. Brian37 6 1068 November 29, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING:Trump Promises Strike on Syria and Warns Russia Against Backing Assad WinterHold 20 4579 April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 12824 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  U.S. War Plane Shoots Down A Syrian Jet: Russia Warns Of Consequences A Theist 40 15322 June 21, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Michael Flynn, national security adviser, resigns over Russia contacts c172 48 9905 February 18, 2017 at 11:40 am
Last Post: John V