Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2024, 10:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia and Ukraine
RE: Russia and Ukraine
Foreign Nationals are known to join Zelensky’s “Foreign Legion”. These are mainly East-European who still carry within them that hatred of Muscovites as they call them and want to make sure their nation never become a part of the Russian Empire again.  

Now there is said to be a “Siberian Legion” of Russians who fight with Ukrainians because they want to free their land from Putin’s puppet state.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-says-...21303.html

Here is another German song that is as old as me whose main idea needs to be applied to Israel in one way or the other Smile

[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

Units made up of russians have been doing cross border raids for awhile now. Russia, apparently, can't protect it's own borders.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
“We have information that the Russian military has been actually executing soldiers who refuse to follow orders,” U.S. National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said.

Entire units are under threat of execution if they try to retreat.

Great way for Ukraine to save ammunition

In March 2022 71% of Russians polled said that they supported the "special military operation" in Ukraine.

You always get what you vote for, good and hard.
(October 27, 2023 at 9:49 am)LinuxGal Wrote: “We have information that the Russian military has been actually executing soldiers who refuse to follow orders,” U.S. National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said.

Entire units are under threat of execution if they try to retreat.

Great way for Ukraine to save ammunition

In March 2022 71% of Russians polled said that they supported the "special military operation" in Ukraine.

You always get what you vote for, good and hard.

I wonder how accurate that number is, if you have to threaten the soldiers drafted from that same population like this.

Stand and die. Whether this threat of modern day decimation is carried out that's the order. Let's be generous and say that it's not the kind of order that looks attractive when things are going well.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 27, 2023 at 11:47 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Stand and die.  Whether this threat of modern day decimation is carried out that's the order.  Let's be generous and say that it's not the kind of order that looks attractive when things are going well.

They've already been using penal units and backstops to prevent retreats. It shouldn't be surprising that yet another Stalinist policy is revived.

Sure, and..fwiw....policies or leadership that places absolutely no value on human life - even their own, are basically short term tactical super powers in the environment. Like shamelessness in politics. The current push will (likely) satisfy a short term political goal at the expense of long term military capability.

The dead russians at the slag heap, like the dead russians at bakhmut will be (or would have been) alot more useful later in repelling the inevitable ukranian gains - but won't be around when they're needed. That's what happened down tokmaks way.
(October 27, 2023 at 1:04 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Sure, and..fwiw....policies or leadership that places absolutely no value on human life - even their own, are basically short term tactical super powers in the environment.  Like shamelessness in politics.  The current push will (likely) satisfy a short term political goal at the expense of long term military capability.

Right, soldiers eventually will not fight for a regime that throws their lives away.

Oh they'll fight, but soldiers have an inalienable right to fail, as well. Not inalienable in the political sense ala "should not be taken away" but inalienable in the practical sense ala "cannot be taken away". As-in " fucking captain america said take that position but I looked behind me and didn't see a single medic - so imma slow walk this shit. Kill me - it happens even slower, so gl with that".

Smart russian -military- leadership would be effecting a rolling retreat all the way to their own borders. Making notes, not attacks. To service their kill chain but also to preserve the experience of survivors. This isn't a pie in the sky dream for the defenders but a strategic nightmare scenario. Where russia invades again, but with better intel next time.
(October 27, 2023 at 1:07 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Oh they'll fight, but soldiers have an inalienable right to fail, as well.  Not inalienable in the political sense ala "should not be taken away" but inalienable in the practical sense ala "cannot be taken away".

Look at all the surrenders in the opening months of Barbarossa, sure. "Hands Hoch!" sounds pretty good when it's an NKVD battalion at your rear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China & Russia Silver 32 3347 November 29, 2023 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  China and Russia's presidents -both- absent from the G20 WinterHold 16 1834 October 1, 2023 at 8:09 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 480 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc. Nishant Xavier 53 4422 August 7, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 8702 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Micheal Cohen lied about Russia Tower deal. Brian37 6 1068 November 29, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING:Trump Promises Strike on Syria and Warns Russia Against Backing Assad WinterHold 20 4579 April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 12824 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  U.S. War Plane Shoots Down A Syrian Jet: Russia Warns Of Consequences A Theist 40 15322 June 21, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Michael Flynn, national security adviser, resigns over Russia contacts c172 48 9905 February 18, 2017 at 11:40 am
Last Post: John V