Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 4:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
So Israel has stepped up its genocide in Gaza, armed and funded by the US.

The US has also increased its bombing of Yemen, the only country taking active steps to discourage the genocide.

So that's where we are in the election cycle. The lesser of two evils is complicit in genocide.
(February 11, 2024 at 10:52 pm)Belacqua Wrote: So Israel has stepped up its genocide in Gaza, armed and funded by the US.

The US has also increased its bombing of Yemen, the only country taking active steps to discourage the genocide.

So that's where we are in the election cycle. The lesser of two evils is complicit in genocide.

On how many threads do you need to post this or something similar?
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(February 11, 2024 at 10:52 pm)Belacqua Wrote: So Israel has stepped up its genocide in Gaza, armed and funded by the US.

So, you're anti-Israel.

I'm anti-Hamas.

I don't like many Israeli policies, either.

But, keep this crap in ONE thread, please.

Remember, I asked nicely...

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"

If it wasn't for the United States the war in Gaza would be a million times worst
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I believe that America should stop selling arms to both Israel and Saudi Arabia, both complicit in the war crimes you mention, unless and until they stop. I don't want my taxes funding any atrocities.

(February 12, 2024 at 12:33 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

I  believe that America should stop selling arms to both Israel and Saudi Arabia, both complicit in the war crimes you mention, unless and until they stop. I don't want my taxes funding any atrocities.

But bacon is soooo good and gas is down below $4 everywhere and iphone.... OMG iphone is soooo cheap to have. Don't you want your life? What are you a tiny house off the grid living crazy person? Well NO, you on the internet... so Iphone?
"I'm thick." - Me
(February 12, 2024 at 3:40 am)Goosebump Wrote:
(February 12, 2024 at 12:33 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I  believe that America should stop selling arms to both Israel and Saudi Arabia, both complicit in the war crimes you mention, unless and until they stop. I don't want my taxes funding any atrocities.

But bacon is soooo good and gas is down below $4 everywhere and iphone.... OMG iphone is soooo cheap to have. Don't you want your life? What are you a tiny house off the grid living crazy person? Well NO, you on the internet... so Iphone?

Enh, go play in the traffic.

ETA: I see the mods have already told you the same thing.

(February 9, 2024 at 9:39 pm)Belacqua Wrote:
(February 9, 2024 at 9:07 pm)Aegon Wrote: He definitely has a stutter, it's just not nearly as bad as they've made it out to be. 

I honestly didn't know that, and I've seen quite a few videos over the years. But I believe you if you say it, because you're clearly not making up excuses. 

I take it I have no credibility with you here, at least on matters of politics.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(February 9, 2024 at 5:17 pm)Belacqua Wrote:
(February 9, 2024 at 2:23 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I would really love to see the quote of Maddow's lawyer claiming that no sane person would believe her. I can't seem to find it on the internet. Just something about her show being opinion, which I presume we all knew.

I already posted the legal decision in which the judge says that she deals in entertainment, not to be believed.

She certainly states things as if they were fact. You can read the statements she made for which she was sued.

The judge did not say she is not to be believed.

Are their any news commentors with their own opinion shows who do not state things as if they are fact?

The main statement she made for which she was sued was (IIRC) that an OAN staff member also writes for a Russian newspaper. That was factually correct. The bloviating surrounding that statement was opinion, and the judge ruled, protected speech.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(February 12, 2024 at 12:57 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(February 9, 2024 at 9:39 pm)Belacqua Wrote: I honestly didn't know that, and I've seen quite a few videos over the years. But I believe you if you say it, because you're clearly not making up excuses. 

I take it I have no credibility with you here, at least on matters of politics.

You are temperate in your approach to things. I respect that. 

You are capable of having conversations with people you disagree with, and don't go immediately for insults or bullying, like so many people. 

As to whether we should believe each other, I suppose (as in most cases) we should go case by case. I have been wrong before and if you think I am wrong again I have no problem with you pointing that out. Respectful dialogue is how we progress.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 1181 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1360 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 26493 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1065 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2113 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1253 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1035 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6896 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 2025 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2304 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger