Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 2:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
(March 7, 2024 at 7:25 pm)The Architect Of Fate Wrote: Small note. Whenever a Trumpist tries to tell you Jan6 wasn't an insurrection because no one was charged with insurrection remind them that huge swathes of the Confederate army were never charged or pardoned for their insurrection either. But the Confederacy was an insurrection all the same.

I know a skunk when I smell it.

(March 7, 2024 at 7:25 pm)The Architect Of Fate Wrote: Small note. Whenever a Trumpist tries to tell you Jan6 wasn't an insurrection because no one was charged with insurrection remind them that huge swathes of the Confederate army were never charged or pardoned for their insurrection either. But the Confederacy was an insurrection all the same.
To further add to this point they will insist hat because some the judges were liberals and didn't convict some of the arrested Jan6ers with  insurrection . As if the political affiliations of the judges should make any difference. Also let's get real if every last one of them was charged with  insurrection the trumpist would never accept the verdict anyway. So using the law as an excuse falls flat on it's face.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Am I misremembering something or did there used to be a sense of decorum during State of the Union addresses and the like?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 8, 2024 at 5:44 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Am I misremembering something or did there used to a sense of decorum during State of the Union addresses and the like?

That’s what happens when undisciplined children get elected.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(March 2, 2024 at 2:02 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 2, 2024 at 1:57 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Military personnel are forbidden to appear at political rallies while in uniform.

We have a winner!

But, as I understand it, that prohibition is honoured more in the breach than in the observance.

Boru

It says B Judd is President. Surprised Trump put up with that.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 8, 2024 at 5:44 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Am I misremembering something or did there used to a sense of decorum during State of the Union addresses and the like?

The republican response was pitiful.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?534120-1/r...on-address
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Well, at least she did a good job of describing the horrible conditions in Alabama.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 8, 2024 at 9:23 am)Angrboda Wrote: Well, at least she did a good job of describing the horrible conditions in Alabama.

Shit's bad in South Carolina too. I live in an affluent part of town, so it's not bad where I am, but the surrounding areas can be quite dangerous.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(March 8, 2024 at 9:23 am)Angrboda Wrote: Well, at least she did a good job of describing the horrible conditions in Alabama.

And proudly displayed her Jesus Murder Device (1st century Cluedo: 'Pontius Pilate. On The Hill. With A Cross.').

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(March 9, 2024 at 5:22 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

And proudly displayed her Jesus Murder Device (1st century Cluedo: 'Pontius Pilate. On The Hill. With A Cross.').

Boru

It's obviously significant to Christians, but nobody else actually cares.
"Imagination, life is your creation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1220 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 22643 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 955 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1772 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1100 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 899 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5969 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1679 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2050 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1158 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris