Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 2:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
(March 22, 2024 at 11:27 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(March 22, 2024 at 9:52 am)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Well, at least this post of yours is not nearly as bad and rude as the other person’s, I’ll give you that.

Let's be passive-aggressive, shall we?  That's sure to fix things.

Sorry, was I rude? That was honestly unintentional.
[Image: D7CicJL.jpeg]

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Anyway, I know what I said in the previous two pages was long, so whether or not it was asked for, I shall try to make a shorter version, which will be…

Those who go after or try to kill civic leaders like Taylor Swift or Martin Luther King Jr. Will not be as remembered, nor have they achieved or done as much as those people.
(March 22, 2024 at 1:33 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Anyway, I know what I said in the previous two pages was long, so whether or not it was asked for, I shall try to make a shorter version, which will be…

Those who go after or try to kill civic leaders like  Taylor Swift or Martin Luther King Jr. Will not be as remembered, nor have they achieved or done as much as those people.

Partial disagreement - assassins ARE remembered.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(March 22, 2024 at 3:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 22, 2024 at 1:33 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Anyway, I know what I said in the previous two pages was long, so whether or not it was asked for, I shall try to make a shorter version, which will be…

Those who go after or try to kill civic leaders like  Taylor Swift or Martin Luther King Jr. Will not be as remembered, nor have they achieved or done as much as those people.

Partial disagreement - assassins ARE remembered.

Boru

Very well, though I meant remembered in the same way as those they kill. The civic leaders are still praised while the killers…you might probably see what I mean.
(March 22, 2024 at 5:05 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote:
(March 22, 2024 at 3:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Partial disagreement - assassins ARE remembered.

Boru

Very well, though I meant remembered in the same way as those they kill. The civic leaders are still praised while the killers…you might probably see what I mean.

Let it go.  Just move on, okay?

Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 22, 2024 at 5:13 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(March 22, 2024 at 5:05 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Very well, though I meant remembered in the same way as those they kill. The civic leaders are still praised while the killers…you might probably see what I mean.

Let it go.  Just move on, okay?

Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse

What? It is not like I was upset or anything. I was just saying.

It kind of feels like I am being targeted after being described as "passive-aggressive" a page or two back, which was just a misunderstanding.
Taylor Swift is to MLK as flies are to eagles.

(March 22, 2024 at 5:32 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Taylor Swift is to MLK as flies are to eagles.

Yes, I know. I was not making a big comparison with them, and the comparison, if any, was not direct. Just wanted to clear that up.
(March 22, 2024 at 1:33 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Those who go after or try to kill civic leaders like  Taylor Swift or Martin Luther King Jr. Will not be as remembered, nor have they achieved or done as much as those people.

I'm sure you're right. People who are particularly interested in history will know the names of the assassins, but they aren't household words, usually. 

For example, if you read a lot about WWI you can say who killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand, but you'd be in the minority. 

And even among more recent examples -- I bet most people here can name JFK's killer, but among people born in the new millennium the percentage probably drops way off. 

Some assassins mistakenly think they'll benefit personally. As I recall, the guy who shot Reagan was crazy enough to think he'd impress an actress. Though I can't remember his name any more.

Others I suspect are more willing to give everything for a cause which they think is worth giving up their own life for. Like if you think a particular leader is evil enough, you wouldn't mind being the forgotten name who took him down. 

One interesting thing though -- since the era of JFK, RFK, and MLK, the assassinations seem to have dropped off. Partly I suppose this is due to increased security. But I wonder if the thinking has changed somehow. Like killing Biden would give us President Harris, which might dissuade some people. 

What do you think? Have we moved on from assassinating famous people, for some reason?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1220 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 22643 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 955 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1772 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1100 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 899 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5969 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1679 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2050 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1158 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris