Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 7:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
(June 30, 2024 at 11:23 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Graham said he was comfortable with Trump saying he would accept the results only if it was a “fair and legal and good election” during the CNN presidential debate last week.

Lindsey is gaslighting again.

2020 elections were fair and legal and good but Trump did not accept them.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(June 30, 2024 at 11:23 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
Quote:Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) praised CNN’s Dana Bash for allowing former President Trump to talk during the debate last week while answering a question about whether Trump will accept the election results.

Graham said he was comfortable with Trump saying he would accept the results only if it was a “fair and legal and good election” during the CNN presidential debate last week. In his response on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday, Graham reacted to Trump’s remarks and praised Bash for the handling of the debate.

“You know, y’all did a good job. You let him talk. You’re not fact checkers; you let him talk,” he told Bash.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/47...lts/mlite/

Translation: "I knowingly support a liar."

And here'sanother one:

Quote:North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum ®, rumored to be on former President Trump’s vice-presidential shortlist, defended the presumptive GOP nominee against criticism over the numerous falsehoods he told on the debate stage Thursday.

In an interview Sunday on NBC News’s “Meet the Press,” Burgum called the story “manufactured,” noting Trump has said publicly in the past everything he said Thursday.

“I think that the whole manufactured thing this morning of that Donald Trump has said something that he hasn’t said before — I mean, everything that he said on Thursday night, he’s been saying before. I mean, so this is not news,” Burgum said.

Burgum was responding to a question on whether Trump should stop repeating false information, as he did on the debate stage Thursday. Burgum was also asked about a previous interview in which he said he never lies.

NBC News’s Kristen Welker pressed Burgum on the issue further, mentioning some false statements Trump made during the debate.

“Just to say a few, he said the Democrats want to kill infants after birth. That’s not true. He again lied about widespread fraud, not true. He lied about his comments after Charlottesville,” she said.

“Should he be truthful with the American people if he wants to lead this country, especially given what you just said, that you never lie? That’s your standard, governor,” Welker pressed before Burgum pivoted to criticizing Democrats’ positioning on abortion.

https://thehill.com/elections/4748400-bu...-not-news/

Let's see just how many are unprincipled pricks.

^So, repeating a series of lies somehow makes it better?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
I hope Trump picks Burgum for veep. He's got all the charisma of a wet sack of flour.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
With the general election now just days away, members of the LGBTQ+ community have shared what they think politicians should know about queer voters.

One person said: “There’s no point changing policy [that affects] the lives of hundreds of thousands of people for a small sector of JK Rowling fans. Diva, pack it up, put it on the Hogwarts Express, I don’t want it.”

They went on to say that they wished politicians knew that “the whole transphobia thing is a sector of people who are just really loud”.
Another said: “I wish politicians knew that queer people are just normal people, and there’s not some sort of LGBT agenda going on, it’s not being pushed on anyone.”

Someone else pleaded: “Just let them be,” while a third said: “I think they need to know people… they need to know us, they don’t know us, but they don’t know normal people and that’s across the board whether you vote Tory or Labour.”
An ally said: “I would love them to treat them as people” and for the community not to be “othered”, adding, “If we can research things on them, then they can research things on us. Ask about things that matter to everybody. Everyone’s got rights. Be inclusive of everybody, we’re in 2024, it’s all about inclusivity now.”

Pink News
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
You People ® do have an agenda. You want to be left the fuck alone and have the person of your choice in your love lives. Those People ® just can't stand for that.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Why would people bother voting in this day and age?
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(June 30, 2024 at 4:34 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Of course I will not vote for Trump. 

Why not? Last time he made it possible for a lot of jobs to be created. I'm sure this time he'll continue the good work.
(July 1, 2024 at 4:30 am)Pavlov Wrote:
(June 30, 2024 at 4:34 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Of course I will not vote for Trump. 

Why not? Last time he made it possible for a lot of jobs to be created. I'm sure this time he'll continue the good work.

Meanwhile, in the real world…
[Image: Trumps-Numbers-2021final-draft.png]
[Image: image-3.png?w=702&quality=80&ssl=1]
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
"Refugee admissions" up by 106% under Biden?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1225 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 22702 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 959 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1787 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1101 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 905 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5972 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1680 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2065 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1160 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris