Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 1:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Stupid things religious people say
RE: Stupid things religious people say
(July 7, 2024 at 1:40 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: The young man who built a chapel and heads to the priesthood

[Image: Stoop.jpg]

Lucas Gordia Andrade, 17, is a young man from São João do Triunfo, Brazil, who from an early age harbors the dream of becoming a priest. This desire accompanies Luke from preschool, where he liked to play the game of saying Mass. He bought images of Virgin Mary and saints instead of toys.

At the age of six, Lucas came up with the idea of building his own church, a dream that, with the support of his family, came true when he was 13.

The Chapel Sacred Heart of Jesus and Our Lady of Conception, located on the grounds of the house of Luke, is an impressive building in neo-Gothic style, about 8 meters high, with, 5 Meters long and 2.5 meters wide. The project was funded by the Lucas family, who invested approximately $5000. Friends of the family, who are bricklayers, helped build the chapel following Lucas' guidelines.

https://pt.churchpop.com/o-jovem-que-con...acerdocio/

That's roughly 16' x 8'.  That's fewer square feet than my guest room.
Disappointing theists since 1968!
Megachurch Pastor: God Is Punishing Americans For Biden’s “Rampant Immorality” And Support Of LGBTQs

Pastor John MacArthur of Grace Community Church articulated a stern view of Biden’s leadership during a recent interview, framing it as a divine judgment and a reflection of societal moral decline. America is a nation reaping the consequences of its moral choices, he declared. When a society “turns to sexual immorality, homosexual immorality, and a reprobate mind, God gives them up,” MacArthur said, suggesting that the current leadership exemplifies the punishment described in Romans 1.

“When He gives them up, it means He gives them up to the consequences of their choices, the pastor said. “If you follow that pattern, what you get is Joe Biden, who is the epitome of all those things that I just talked about.” The pastor did not mince words when discussing the personal and familial aspects of Biden’s life, claiming immorality ran “rampant” at an “epic level.” He considers a second Trump presidency a “huge move in the right direction.”

https://www.christianpost.com/news/john-...hurch.html
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I guess these freewill preaching imbeciles, don't actually understand freewill. Unless their all loving godiboi loves to punish its most cherished creation for the choices they make while they are alive, then punish them again after death.

Do they ever think before opening their shit hole?
(July 7, 2024 at 4:10 pm)A. Secular Human Wrote:
(July 7, 2024 at 1:40 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: The young man who built a chapel and heads to the priesthood

[Image: Stoop.jpg]

Lucas Gordia Andrade, 17, is a young man from São João do Triunfo, Brazil, who from an early age harbors the dream of becoming a priest. This desire accompanies Luke from preschool, where he liked to play the game of saying Mass. He bought images of Virgin Mary and saints instead of toys.

At the age of six, Lucas came up with the idea of building his own church, a dream that, with the support of his family, came true when he was 13.

The Chapel Sacred Heart of Jesus and Our Lady of Conception, located on the grounds of the house of Luke, is an impressive building in neo-Gothic style, about 8 meters high, with, 5 Meters long and 2.5 meters wide. The project was funded by the Lucas family, who invested approximately $5000. Friends of the family, who are bricklayers, helped build the chapel following Lucas' guidelines.

https://pt.churchpop.com/o-jovem-que-con...acerdocio/

That's roughly 16' x 8'.  That's fewer square feet than my guest room.

Small spaces makes catching those younger kids much easier.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 7, 2024 at 11:52 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Megachurch Pastor: God Is Punishing Americans For Biden’s “Rampant Immorality” And Support Of LGBTQs

Pastor John MacArthur of Grace Community Church articulated a stern view of Biden’s leadership during a recent interview, framing it as a divine judgment and a reflection of societal moral decline. America is a nation reaping the consequences of its moral choices, he declared. When a society “turns to sexual immorality, homosexual immorality, and a reprobate mind, God gives them up,” MacArthur said, suggesting that the current leadership exemplifies the punishment described in Romans 1.

“When He gives them up, it means He gives them up to the consequences of their choices, the pastor said. “If you follow that pattern, what you get is Joe Biden, who is the epitome of all those things that I just talked about.” The pastor did not mince words when discussing the personal and familial aspects of Biden’s life, claiming immorality ran “rampant” at an “epic level.” He considers a second Trump presidency a “huge move in the right direction.”

https://www.christianpost.com/news/john-...hurch.html

No right wing pastors ever seem to have critiques for the adminstration that got a plague.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I didn't know god was into politics. Ba-bye separation.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
That would mean admitting to being wrong, and taking accountability Mister Agenda, and we all know, they don't do that. If they did, the flock might start to question, and that could lead to the idiot pool of donators drying up. And how could godiboi maintain heaven without the greens?
(July 8, 2024 at 1:27 pm)brewer Wrote: I didn't know god was into politics. Ba-bye separation.

Then you don’t know yahweh all that well

Romans 13:1
New International Version

Submission to Governing Authorities
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

(July 8, 2024 at 1:36 pm)h4ym4n Wrote:
(July 8, 2024 at 1:27 pm)brewer Wrote: I didn't know god was into politics. Ba-bye separation.

Then you don’t know yahweh all that well

Romans 13:1
New International Version

Submission to Governing Authorities
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

That comes into conflict with the notion that the jewish god uses foreign powers to invade Israel when the people of Israel have committed crimes.
The jews viewed Rome as an evil force, as a group that worships false gods.
Also, Rome placed statues and engravings of the roman gods in Israel and this wasn't a source of pleasure for the jews. It pissed them plenty.

Why is that book called Romans? Maybe it was written for Romans.

Anyway, there are other locations where Jesus supposedly respects Rome.
Interestingly, the son of the true god, Jesus, never says that Rome and other countries worship false gods. There must have been a lot of Romans in town but he never says a word to them.
In the case of Moses vs the king of Egypt and his magicians, Moses basically says that your gods can suck it. Let my people go.

Quote:Matthew 22:19 KING JAMES VERSION
Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. {22:20} And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? {22:21} They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Mark 12:15 KING JAMES VERSION
Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it. {12:16} And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's. {12:17} And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.

Luke 20:22 KING JAMES VERSION
Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto Caesar, or no? {20:23} But he perceived their craftiness, and said unto them, Why tempt ye me? {20:24} Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar’s. {20:25} And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar’s, and unto God the things which be God’s.

Oddly enough, there is no John version of the above lines.
God has influencers 👍

Quote:'God's influencer': Carlos Acutis named first millennial saint following 2006 death

Blessed Carlo Acutis, a teen who died from cancer is the first millennial to be canonized as a saint.

On Monday, the College of Cardinals voted for the teen's canonization, reports the Catholic News Agency, and in 2025, he will be declared a saint.

Two medical miracles have already been attributed to the teen, who was known as "God's influencer."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl...267977007/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 20515 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 814 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 19311 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 10400 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  Stupid christans look to ban Good Omens Pat Mustard 64 7570 July 11, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Religious people in the medical field Silver 35 7933 November 11, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 36 5559 July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Religious texts used to manipulate people Silver 13 4150 June 10, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4790 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Just how stupid were the ancient Israelites? The Valkyrie 115 17684 June 1, 2018 at 5:39 am
Last Post: Joods