Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 16, 2024, 8:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
There are no undecideds.

It's like saying, "I'm undecided between psychopathy and dementia or between psychopathy and female."

No one is that undecided.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I can almost guarantee that some people actually are that undecided.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 22, 2024 at 12:05 am)Foxaèr Wrote: There are no undecideds.

It's like saying, "I'm undecided between psychopathy and dementia or between psychopathy and female."

No one is that undecided.

I'm thinking that you don't pay much attention to polling.

At this time, Democratic members of congress and state governors are tripping over themselves in their eagerness to endorse Harris - including some which have been floated as Harris alternatives. At the same time, not one has come out against her.

It's early of course but initial indications point to a unified Democratic party. Good news!

I will go to sleep tonight with more hope than I have had in a while.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
At least, from what I’ve heard, the “get Biden to drop out” crowd didn’t seem interested in propping up alternative candidates.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 22, 2024 at 4:32 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: At least, from what I’ve heard, the “get Biden to drop out” crowd didn’t seem interested in propping up alternative candidates.

Why would they? Harris has Biden's war chest, a set of political positions that appeals to the great majority of Democrats (as well as independents and even some moderate Republicans), name recognition, 3 1/2 years of on-the-job training, etc.

Most importantly, Biden was already an elderly man in 2020. There was a very real possibility that he could die in office. In that sense, 81 million voters have already kinda-sorta voted for Harris for president.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Unless there is a health issue we were not made aware of, I question Biden staying in the race this long.

The next three months are going to be more of a cluster than I had imagined.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Kamala Harris just got endorsed by Charli XCX

Pink News
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 21, 2024 at 11:59 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(July 21, 2024 at 10:42 pm)Ivan Denisovich Wrote: Weren't they already? I mean there were some articles about him even in Poland. Also I'm not sure if it will give results - those willing to vote for trump won't suddenly change their minds. If his previous idiocies didn't make them reconsider then new ones will not too.

The treat is that the undecideds -- and yes, they're a proportion of the American electorate -- will now hear more of Trump's unhingedness. When it's the President who has cognitive issues, that sucks all the oxygen out of the room. When it's only a contender, the press will have more time to spend on it. More independents will hear the deranged stuff. And that will help some undecideds, you know, decide/

Between you and me, I'd like to beat all these "undecideds" with the oak limb that fell off one of our trees last week.

And I think/hope it will motivate more of the couch potato dems and independents, the ones that are registered but don't routinely vote, to the polls.

I wonder if we will see a voter registration increase now?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
This will certainly help the vote among the millennials.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 1057 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1350 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 25179 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1052 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2091 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1247 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1027 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6825 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1990 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2271 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger