Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
If the attacks on Walz’s military record seem at all familiar, it’s because it’s being orchestrated by the same scumbag - Chris LaCivita - who ran the ‘swift boat’ smears against John Kerry.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens), the oldest and largest Latino civil rights organization in the US, has endorsed the Harris-Walz ticket.

In its 97 year history, this group has never before endorsed a presidential candidate. This is kind of a big deal.

Boru
Trump has said he didn't know Kamala is half black...like it's been some secret kept from him.

Now they are going after Walz's military service...like Corporal Bone Spurs has a dog in that fight.

Can you say "desperation"?

I'm just here for the meltdown. I want it to be public and loud. I am old and need some joy in my life.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

^Yeah, about that - 

[Image: ZWRCvTt.jpeg]

Boru
I just hope his opponents don't adopt his habit of pinning derogatory nicknames to him or other opponents. It's juvenile, coarsens our discourse even more, and ought to be beneath them.

That's not to say I'm opposed to an opportunistic intracranial neuroblastoma.

(August 9, 2024 at 7:10 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Trump has said he didn't know Kamala is half black...like it's been some secret kept from him.

One's racial background is of upmost importance for doltish repubs.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 9, 2024 at 9:03 pm)Silver Wrote:
(August 9, 2024 at 7:10 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Trump has said he didn't know Kamala is half black...like it's been some secret kept from him.

One's racial background is of upmost importance for doltish repubs.

It's unfortunately important to a lot of people the world over, including non-Republican Americans, believe it or else.

(August 9, 2024 at 6:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens), the oldest and largest Latino civil rights organization in the US, has endorsed the Harris-Walz ticket.

In its 97 year history, this group has never before endorsed a presidential candidate. This is kind of a big deal.

Boru

Boy, is it ever a big deal - in theory at least. I suffered a lot of headaches banging my head against the wall in 2020 trying to incite my Hispanic associates here in Phoenix to vote. They just couldn't be motivated. Texas could be turned blue if they would get off their collective asses and vote.

I'm not familiar with this group so I have no idea how much influence they have in the Hispanic community but if they even motivate 5% of them, that would probably be plenty to swing Arizona blue. Even Texas would be on the table and that would change national politics here forever. Without Texas, The Republicans would have to massively reinvent themselves to survive.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(August 9, 2024 at 11:56 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(August 9, 2024 at 6:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens), the oldest and largest Latino civil rights organization in the US, has endorsed the Harris-Walz ticket.

Boru

Boy, is it ever a big deal - in theory at least. I suffered a lot of headaches banging my head against the wall in 2020 trying to incite my Hispanic associates here in Phoenix to vote. They just couldn't be motivated. Texas could be turned blue if they would get off their collective asses and vote.

I'm not familiar with this group so I have no idea how much influence they have in the Hispanic community but if they even motivate 5% of them, that would probably be plenty to swing Arizona blue. Even Texas would be on the table and that would change national politics here forever. Without Texas, The Republicans would have to massively reinvent themselves to survive.

From my personal observation, LULAC is much more weighty in California than Texas. As such, while their endorsement is great, it won't change much in the two largest Electoral College states, impo. I could well be wrong.

(August 10, 2024 at 12:46 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(August 9, 2024 at 11:56 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Boy, is it ever a big deal - in theory at least. I suffered a lot of headaches banging my head against the wall in 2020 trying to incite my Hispanic associates here in Phoenix to vote. They just couldn't be motivated. Texas could be turned blue if they would get off their collective asses and vote.

From my personal observation, LULAC is much more weighty in California than Texas. As such, while their endorsement is great, it won't change much in the two largest Electoral College states, impo. I could well be wrong.

Based on some cursory web searches (I'd never heard of LULAC until I posted about it), I suspect you're correct. That said, the endorsement is likely to help eat into Trump's standing with Hispanics nationally, which is going to rattle him even more.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 1122 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1354 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 25237 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1056 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2096 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1249 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1031 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6847 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 2001 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2283 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger