Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 25, 2024, 4:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything, Something's or Nothing
Everything, Something's or Nothing
Ok, theists and atheists, is Everything happening for a reason, Something's or Nothing.

Feel free to provide a reason.
No need for the vacuous to announce their vacua and vacuity.

Let's see who is intelligent and honest.
RE: Everything, Something's or Nothing
...In this hive of scum and villainy?

I guess, in the most permissive sense of reason - somethings. Maybe even most things? Hard to go for everything or nothing - real bad odds too. Just one example and the entire view built above it turns out to be fundamentally incorrect...and possibly wrong.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Stuff just happens, get over it!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(October 3, 2024 at 12:38 pm)Lord Andreasson Wrote: Ok, theists and atheists, is Everything happening for a reason, Something's or Nothing.

Reasons are narratives that humans produce to explain their world. Grind the universe down to the finest powder and you'll find no reasons. The rain needs no reason to fall and the seasons need no purpose to turn.
There are certain things, such as apostrophes, that often happen for the wrong reason.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(October 3, 2024 at 12:38 pm)Lord Andreasson Wrote: Ok, theists and atheists, is Everything happening for a reason, Something's or Nothing.

This is your only qualification for intelligence? Sounds like you're the vacuous one here. Intelligence is a very complicated set of phenomena which has many factors, some of which still aren't understood.

As for honesty, maybe you should go first. What's your last username and when did you open this sock account?

There are reasons for everything that happens, but nothing happens "for a reason," at least as you are likely defining that phrase.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I'm wondering about the reason/motive for the OP's question. I guess I'm responding for a reason, curiosity. There is a good chance that I'll be disappointed.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
(October 3, 2024 at 2:24 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

This is your only qualification for intelligence? Sounds like you're the vacuous one here. Intelligence is a very complicated set of phenomena which has many factors, some of which still aren't understood.

As for honesty, maybe you should go first. What's your last username and when did you open this sock account?
Didn't take long for your ad hominem to kick in.
Did I say it was the only qualification of intelligence?
No.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is CS a science or engineering, or maybe something else? FlatAssembler 90 8271 November 6, 2023 at 7:48 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Something from Nothing Banned 66 13572 March 7, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Everything is nothing, and nothing is everything. goombah111 64 10865 January 3, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: goombah111
  Creatio Ex Nihilo - Forming Something out of Nothing? GrandizerII 70 13703 February 24, 2015 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  "Everything has a cause and an explanation" discussion. Pizza 66 16638 February 22, 2015 at 11:59 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Why Something Rather Than Nothing? datc 249 37103 November 7, 2014 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: LostDays
  Something more. Mystic 20 3352 October 20, 2014 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Is everything temporarily according to atheists? Knowledge of God 22 3555 June 29, 2014 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Can the laws of physics bring something into existence? Freedom of thought 23 6435 June 23, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Surgenator
  "That's not nothing" Freedom of thought 38 8276 May 16, 2014 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Freedom of thought