Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 2:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists: Why do you love God?
RE: Theists: Why do you love God?
(January 1, 2012 at 8:31 am)chipan Wrote:
AceOtana Wrote:No it doesn't. Actually if that were true we'd be taking 2 steps back in knowledge, not forward. God is still not an answer because he/it/thing hasn't been demonstrated to exist yet. A does not prove B without first proving A.

ok, i'll provide some evidence. the best i can provide at this time is a boat. one found in the mountains in Turkey. it fits the description as said in the bible as 'Noah's ark." coincidence? most likely not. for more evidence i'll do some research and get back to you

That's not evidence. It doesn't demonstrate the existence of god, nor prove that the formation of the universe is impossible.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
AceOtana Wrote:That's not evidence. It doesn't demonstrate the existence of god, nor prove that the formation of the universe is impossible.

so proving that a global flood happened and the survival of mankind happened through the use of an ark that was build beforehand is not proof? ok sure.
and i can just sense that people from all over are gonna come up saying i'm stupid for this post but i would perfer if you would instead come up with rational explinations. that's much more decent
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

-4th verse of the american national anthem
(December 31, 2011 at 10:07 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Yeah. You feel love so you love back.
So you're reciprocating love. How do you know you're loved?

(January 1, 2012 at 4:50 am)Godschild Wrote: He does forgive me of my sin through the sacrifice of his Son, he gave up his Son to a death on a cross for me, why shouldn't I love him.
What difference is that between a Mafia boss who disowns his own biological son, allows him to get murdered, and then proclaims you as his new heir? If you, GC, being a mere creation, are loved by your creator who sacrificed his *own child* for you to overcome his own silly rules regarding crimes against his honour, shouldn't you be feeling very disturbed and frightened instead at this point?

Quote:God brings peace to my life when troubles seem to rule the day.
You don't have any troubles or hardships in your life? Are you sure?

How it is that me being an atheist, am able to overcome obstacles without any help or friends or neighbours?

Quote:He allows me to live another day, this is one of many reasons to love him and to worship him.
So you love him because he lets you live as opposed to ending your existence? Do you love a murderer who decides to spare your life after robbing you?

Quote:He has given me eternal life.
Like me, you're merely flesh and blood, frail and weak, your life easily extinguishable. Sorry to break it to you.

Also, if he gives you eternal life after death, and he can take it away just as easily, you're supposed to fear it. I mean if it's a fear-inspiring god, it should be able to crush your puny "indestructible" soul quite easily, how can you love what you should fear?

Quote:He's my Father,
You've... disowned your real biological father?

Quote:friend, companion, savior, prayer partner, provider and no one else comes close to fulfilling my life as he does,
Will he come with you to a party, or be your best-man at your wedding if you ask him to? No? Some friend... >.>

Quote:there is so much more but I believe you can see why I love God.
No, I can't.
(January 1, 2012 at 8:52 am)chipan Wrote:
AceOtana Wrote:That's not evidence. It doesn't demonstrate the existence of god, nor prove that the formation of the universe is impossible.

so proving that a global flood happened and the survival of mankind happened through the use of an ark that was build beforehand is not proof? ok sure.
and i can just sense that people from all over are gonna come up saying i'm stupid for this post but i would perfer if you would instead come up with rational explinations. that's much more decent

Ok here we go...

There never was a global flood, a local one maybe but not global. Further more the problem with only two of every animal is that it will mean there will be inbreeding which causes genetic disorders, which happens to be fatal for the species. Also the ship would have to be big enough to contain all the animals with plenty of food and water and lots of space! Disease will be a huge issue and wooden ships can only be built so big, too big and they break apart. So really, it's NOT POSSIBLE! Too many holes. If you tried to repeat what the story told...you'd first fail with the boat. You cannot build a wooden ship large enough, too large and it'll break apart. The story fails from there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Orlando_(1858)

The global flood and the giant ark never happened.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
The ark is such a funny story, 99% of species are extinct yet there are still 10000 species of bird, so 20000 on the 'dingy', 900000 species of insects, so 1.8m insects on the boat, where the fuck do you put Lassie?

It's so obviously bs it takes a seriously foolish person to believe it.
(January 1, 2012 at 8:52 am)chipan Wrote:

There was no global flood. It can't be proven because it never happened and that has been proven.

Quote: Flood geology contradicts the scientific consensus in geology, physics, chemistry, molecular genetics, evolutionary biology, archaeology, and paleontology,[2] and the scientific community considers the subject to be pseudoscience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_geology

http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/new...idence.htm

Also, Noah's ark has never been found.

http://www.livescience.com/611-satellite...stery.html

http://www.livescience.com/7137-noah-ark...vered.html

http://www.csun.edu/~vcgeo005/bogus.html

5thHorseman Wrote:The ark is such a funny story, 99% of species are extinct yet there are still 10000 species of bird, so 20000 on the 'dingy', 900000 species of insects, so 1.8m insects on the boat, where the fuck do you put Lassie?

obviously you cannot put every single species on the ark. just the certain kinds of animals.
and how was the formation made and why does it fit the description of that of noah's ark?
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

-4th verse of the american national anthem
Well, chipan, when earth and water love each other very much...

Do you know how to google?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_of_rocks

'obviously you cannot put every single species on the ark. just the certain kinds of animals.'

Facepalm Clutching at straws.

'and how was the formation made and why does it fit the description of that of noah's ark?'

Tbh, I have no idea, but given your knowledge of god's mind, surely you could tell me?
(January 1, 2012 at 9:54 am)chipan Wrote: and how was the formation made and why does it fit the description of that of noah's ark?

Like the formation of mountains and the like? It's something you should of learnt back in high school.
Like knowing why there are single boulders in the middle of a field or up high on a large hill.
How marine fossils end up on top of mountains and such. They are buried within the rock and what was once the bottom of the ocean is pushed up by two continents that form a mountain and the fossils are pushed up with it.
A demonstration how mountains are formed can be done with just two pieces of A4 paper. All you do is push them together and they should push each other upwards. Actually you can do it with many things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] The love of a God zwanzig 31 2633 October 22, 2021 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Angrboda
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 5378 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 25385 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5388 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33669 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2393 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42119 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17834 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3634 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4959 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler