Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 11:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexuality
RE: Homosexuality
Fuck off telling me what to do will you. Do you think you're my Mum or what?? WTF Huh
(August 14, 2009 at 4:54 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Fuck off telling me what to do will you. Do you think you're my Mum or what?? WTF Huh

No, I think I'm a moderator of this forum.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
You said it before you were a moderator. Your debating style appears to be: here's my point, now shut the fuck up with your refutation of that (assumed = because I have no answer).

Your staff status has fuk all to do with your comment.
(August 14, 2009 at 5:09 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: You said it before you were a moderator. Your debating style appears to be: here's my point, now shut the fuck up with your refutation of that (assumed = because I have no answer).
There are some situations where you simply have to do this because people are arrogant and won't drop their point even though it has been thoroughly refuted.

Would you honestly continue arguing with a man who kept on telling you that the sky was made of cheese? Maybe you'd try to convince him for a while, but if he kept on repeating the same arguments that have been refuted time and time again, you would eventually lose interest in the debate. It's like talking to a brick wall.
I was happy to leve it with Eilonnwy, even given her abusive style. You mentioned it again so I felt I needed to respond.

Of course if someone blindly and illogically states something despite you having obviously proved it wrong, then yes, that's unacceptable. This isn't the case here. Unfortunately, unless Anto returns, the kudos remains with him for what I consider to be a spurious set of points.
(August 14, 2009 at 4:42 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: Because you can be aroused with the right stimulus even if you're not attracted to that person.

Yeah I can understand that. I just don't know how you could be willing to go along with it. I'm not saying 'therefore it is incorrect' remember. So I'm not comitting a fallacy here.

Quote:And how do I know Gay men have been married? Because guys come out all the time.
http://gaylife.about.com/od/lovesexadvic...arried.htm
http://gaylife.about.com/od/gaysexadvice...tation.htm

Yeah, but does that mean they necessarily weren't at least subconsciously attracted enough to the opposite sex to engage in intercourse with them?

Once again I'm not saying you're wrong. I just don't get it.

EvF
(August 14, 2009 at 5:31 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I was happy to leve it with Eilonnwy, even given her abusive style. You mentioned it again so I felt I needed to respond.

And with her "abusive style" she's pissing you off so she can't be all that bad ... I like Eilonnwy Devil

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Haha! Indeed Kyu Wink
(August 14, 2009 at 4:42 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: Because you can be aroused with the right stimulus even if you're not attracted to that person.

I call bullocks. I've tried to force some arousal with someone I was not attracted to a few times. Never worked.

If it does 'work' I call a sexual attraction. That's my opinion, I could be wrong. I just don't think I am.

If I have truely offended you with my off-color giggity giggity jokes I am truely sorry you interpreted it as sexism. Sexism t'was not the intention.
(August 14, 2009 at 5:22 pm)Tiberius Wrote: There are some situations where you simply have to do this because people are arrogant and won't drop their point even though it has been thoroughly refuted.

Would you honestly continue arguing with a man who kept on telling you that the sky was made of cheese? Maybe you'd try to convince him for a while, but if he kept on repeating the same arguments that have been refuted time and time again, you would eventually lose interest in the debate. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Someone please tell Jon Paul that.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Quote:And with her "abusive style" she's pissing you off so she can't be all that bad ... I like Eilonnwy

Snap

Abusive style? Eilonnwy? ROFLOL

Translation: Context: "abusive" = "doesn't suffer fools".

I think a certain little Hobbit needs to think about leaving its sheltered life in the Shire.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexism - homosexuality Azu 67 9323 November 23, 2017 at 7:17 am
Last Post: notimportant1234
  Homosexuality paulpablo 63 7927 February 19, 2016 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  The evolutionary puzzle of homosexuality downbeatplumb 1 1503 February 18, 2014 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Do you think we will ever know what causes Homosexuality pop_punks_not_dead 45 12825 February 8, 2014 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: là bạn điên
  Epigenetics Reveal Biological Information On Homosexuality Gooders1002 1 1581 March 5, 2013 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Homosexuality: it's genetic expression, not genetics, that determines homosexuality TaraJo 16 6399 December 14, 2012 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Ben Davis