Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 1:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same sex marriage
RE: Same sex marriage
(May 14, 2012 at 7:47 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(May 14, 2012 at 7:16 am)StatCrux Wrote: Same sex unions are not procreative in principal.

Valid point ...

Is it? I mean, if the scientists can combine two eggs to produce a daughter mouse, it'd seem that same-sex unions can be procreative in principle.
Well of course it doesn't Crux....it is NOT fitting in with YOUR idealism. You just can't live in a flexible world can you??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(May 14, 2012 at 7:52 am)StatCrux Wrote: Give me strength.....The better criteria is what you are consistently failing to provide! Get it? Given our understanding of sexuality NOW why don't you tell me the better criteria if the present one is incorrect (as you are admitting) Basically you are saying our present criteria is wrong but have nothing better to offer.

Finally. You are extremely slow on the uptake, but you get there eventually.

(May 14, 2012 at 7:52 am)StatCrux Wrote: As to the other questions, as I've already stated, stay on track, this tactic of bouncing off topic onto a hundred questions then circling round from one to another doesn't wash!

That's ironic, considering that the track here is supposed to be same-sex marriage and you are the one throwing in the red-herrings about morality and male-female distinctions.
(May 14, 2012 at 7:53 am)genkaus Wrote:
(May 14, 2012 at 7:47 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Valid point ...

Is it? I mean, if the scientists can combine two eggs to produce a daughter mouse, it'd seem that same-sex unions can be procreative in principle.

The question of reproductivity is irrelevant in this day and age.

There are too many fucking people as it is!!!!

We don't need any moreAngry

If two people want to spend the rest of their lifes together as a married couple regardless of their race, gender or car preference then it is no-ones fucking business but theirs.

Gay marriage is not going to destroy society.

It is not going to end the world.

It will not lead to people marrying their pets.

It will mean an equal go for LGBT people, which all they ever fucking wanted in the first place.

And if you can't cope with that, then fuck off back to the 14th century.

Because the 21st doesn't need your bigoted bullshit.

BTW Genkaus, this rant isn't directed at you.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Basically you are saying our present criteria is wrong but have nothing better to offer.

OK so we're in agreement now.

Are you admitting that we use criteria even though there may be exceptions? That's what it sounds like to me, which is what I've been saying from the start!

What about the part you missed? The whole point originally was this issue. You were saying that exceptions invalidate the general rule, I was saying that the rule is still applicable, you seem to be admitting that it is still applicable even though exceptions exist.

(May 14, 2012 at 8:03 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(May 14, 2012 at 7:53 am)genkaus Wrote: Is it? I mean, if the scientists can combine two eggs to produce a daughter mouse, it'd seem that same-sex unions can be procreative in principle.

The question of reproductivity is irrelevant in this day and age.

There are too many fucking people as it is!!!!

We don't need any moreAngry

If two people want to spend the rest of their lifes together as a married couple regardless of their race, gender or car preference then it is no-ones fucking business but theirs.

Gay marriage is not going to destroy society.

It is not going to end the world.

It will not lead to people marrying their pets.

It will mean an equal go for LGBT people, which all they ever fucking wanted in the first place.

And if you can't cope with that, then fuck off back to the 14th century.

Because the 21st doesn't need your bigoted bullshit.

BTW Genkaus, this rant isn't directed at you.

Nice save.

(May 14, 2012 at 8:14 am)StatCrux Wrote: Basically you are saying our present criteria is wrong but have nothing better to offer.

Are you admitting that we use criteria even though there may be exceptions? That's what it sounds like to me, which is what I've been saying from the start!

What about the part you missed? The whole point originally was this issue. You were saying that exceptions invalidate the general rule, I was saying that the rule is still applicable, you seem to be admitting that it is still applicable even though exceptions exist.

What you have been saying from the start is that exceptions don't prove that the criteria is wrong. Invalidating the rule means proving that the rule is wrong. The incorrect rule is applicable if and only if the correct one is not available. In case of marriage, the correct one is applicable and in fact applied and yet you continue to use the outdated and wrong one. Your rule has both been invalidated and discarded.
Who cares? Honestly? If homosexuals want to marry then let them. If churches don't see fit to perform the ceremony then thats fine too. They'll lose potential clients and civil services will become more popular and I'm definitely ok with that.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(May 14, 2012 at 8:14 am)StatCrux Wrote: Basically you are saying our present criteria is wrong but have nothing better to offer.

Our present criteria is fine Stat, it is yours that is completely fucked up.
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(May 14, 2012 at 7:53 am)genkaus Wrote:
(May 14, 2012 at 7:47 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Valid point ...

Yes if your definition of union is external tampering by scientists....more of an unholy fusion I would say..

(May 14, 2012 at 8:24 am)Zen Badger Wrote:

Our present criteria is fine Stat, it is yours that is completely fucked up.

Oh dear...This is hard work..It's Genkaus that says the criteria is incorrect.

(May 14, 2012 at 8:45 am)StatCrux Wrote:
(May 14, 2012 at 7:53 am)genkaus Wrote: Is it? I mean, if the scientists can combine two eggs to produce a daughter mouse, it'd seem that same-sex unions can be procreative in principle.

Yes if your definition of union is external tampering by scientists....more of an unholy fusion I would say..

(May 14, 2012 at 8:24 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Our present criteria is fine Stat, it is yours that is completely fucked up.

Oh dear...This is hard work..It's Genkaus that says the criteria is incorrect.

It's only hard work because you're no longer allowed to have us burnt at the stake for hearesy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a kink to have sex with certain atheist tribes? Woah0 5 787 September 11, 2022 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  a new atheist and marriage Thegoodatheist 70 11538 August 9, 2017 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Responding to "Homosexuality is wrong, the same way incest is wrong" JewishAthiest 106 26186 February 9, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Would you have sex with a Christian fundamentalist? Jehanne 110 15540 February 2, 2016 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: GodCherry
  Atheism and Anti-Theism same thing? ErGingerbreadMandude 114 17764 February 2, 2016 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Anti gay-marriage atheist?? Catholic_Lady 154 24592 September 9, 2015 at 11:25 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  People are essentially the same TheoneandonlytrueGod 4 1416 April 25, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Are Nonreligious Organizations Able to Provide the Same Services as Churches? Nope 22 5896 March 6, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Charlie Brooker on Gay Marriage pop_punks_not_dead 4 2098 December 29, 2013 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Atheists and marriage Owlix 45 8022 November 9, 2013 at 7:09 am
Last Post: T.J.