Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 9:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same sex marriage
RE: Same sex marriage
(May 14, 2012 at 9:19 am)StatCrux Wrote: No it wasn't! that definition was specifically about definitions of male and female! Anyone can read the text.

that definition came after this point, remember?

"right stay on this topic, no diversions. answer the question, what is the definition of male and female? If male and female exist (which you accepted) give your criteria for determining them. You have consistently failed to provide any definitions. "

If anyone can read the text, then why don't you? Zen has been consistently addressing only your position on same sex marriage, not male-female distinction. The statement I gave is applicable to both, marriage and male/female distinction. Since you have provided your incorrect criteria for only one of them, it is obvious which one was being referred to.
Pffft, this one is incapable of rational debate.

P.s Stat, here is your religion in one pic.

[Image: 36-lawful-evil-conform-or-die.jpg]

Good night all.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(May 14, 2012 at 9:31 am)StatCrux Wrote: I do eject that rule, that has never been my position. I say marriage is defined in part not only as a union open to to procreation of offspring in principal. Any union not open to procreation in principal is therefore not a marriage. Infertile couples (male/female) are still in principal procreative even if not in actuality.

Remember this statement?

Rule: Same sex relationships are not procreative in principal (Ie without recourse to artificial intervention)

As indicated here, by "in principle", you mean without recourse to artificial intervention. Ergo, according to you, infertile couples are not procreative in principle and therefore their union is not a marriage.
Oh... Blush I'm sorry, I was not aware that ONLY MALES were to discuss on this thread...night everyone!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
StatCrux Wrote:Same sex unions are not procreative in principal.

StaCrux Wrote:...keep the male-female unions are procreative in principal despite the fact that exceptions exist

Haven't figured out the difference between principle and principal, have you?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 14, 2012 at 9:40 am)StatCrux Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGOXJI-fZmQ

So now that you have shown where you get your stupid views from, are you giving up on justifying them?
(May 14, 2012 at 9:52 am)genkaus Wrote:
(May 14, 2012 at 9:40 am)StatCrux Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGOXJI-fZmQ

So now that you have shown where you get your stupid views from, are you giving up on justifying them?

Not at all, and it seems that the UK government has conceded that most people are in agreement.

(May 14, 2012 at 9:59 am)StatCrux Wrote: Not at all, and it seems that the UK government has conceded that most people are in agreement.

If only reality could be determined by simple agreement.
(May 14, 2012 at 10:31 am)genkaus Wrote:
(May 14, 2012 at 9:59 am)StatCrux Wrote: Not at all, and it seems that the UK government has conceded that most people are in agreement.

If only reality could be determined by simple agreement.

Gay couples already have equal rights in law regarding same sex relationships in the UK, why do they feel the need for it to be called marriage? This isn't about equality it's about redefining the current definition of marriage.
(May 14, 2012 at 10:45 am)StatCrux Wrote:
(May 14, 2012 at 10:31 am)genkaus Wrote: If only reality could be determined by simple agreement.

Gay couples already have equal rights in law regarding same sex relationships in the UK, why do they feel the need for it to be called marriage? This isn't about equality it's about redefining the current definition of marriage.

and it is not the first time is has happened.Tthe whole redefining marriage thing.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a kink to have sex with certain atheist tribes? Woah0 5 782 September 11, 2022 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  a new atheist and marriage Thegoodatheist 70 11429 August 9, 2017 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Responding to "Homosexuality is wrong, the same way incest is wrong" JewishAthiest 106 26007 February 9, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Would you have sex with a Christian fundamentalist? Jehanne 110 15448 February 2, 2016 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: GodCherry
  Atheism and Anti-Theism same thing? ErGingerbreadMandude 114 17712 February 2, 2016 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Anti gay-marriage atheist?? Catholic_Lady 154 24415 September 9, 2015 at 11:25 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  People are essentially the same TheoneandonlytrueGod 4 1412 April 25, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Are Nonreligious Organizations Able to Provide the Same Services as Churches? Nope 22 5864 March 6, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Charlie Brooker on Gay Marriage pop_punks_not_dead 4 2091 December 29, 2013 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Atheists and marriage Owlix 45 7974 November 9, 2013 at 7:09 am
Last Post: T.J.