Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 8:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anxiety/Depression/Mental Illness Support
RE: Anxiety/Depression/Mental Illness Support
Man what the fuck is wrong with humanity?? We share genetics with people who once thought doing this had any point. Man that makes me feel inbred...
Sup guys just got out of hospital
More calm now but already depressed but trying to be positive, meds can only do so much after all
That is right meds can only do so much. I'm glad you got some help Zentor.
Thanks
I'm glad I'm finally being free from my god delusion
Today i was at my old chrisian depression forum, and a girl was talking bout how she felt like god hated her, her name was loyal2god, heh
And i said In going through similar feelings and felt better just making myself stronger than praying and being at the mercy of god, I believe in fate and that whatever force brought me to this world, has some kinda safety net, cuz I notice I have narrowly escaped death MANY times where it was out of control, so I believe that, sorry guys
But don't believe in that Christian stuff anymore, and if there is a god I believe he can understand what I'm goig through and how I'm better off without thinking of him, and I've always been a universalist so don't believe in hell.

And after I said all that the lady blew a gasket, " I didn't ask for your opinion and I don't need help from nonchristians"
Heh

Spread that christian love
Glad to hear you got some help and are feeling a bit better, zentor.
Yeah glad you got help. It takes a while to get out of that frame of mind. I don't think it's ever an instant fix, you have to work at it. Keep at it dude Wink
Idk guys today I officially give up trying to get better.
I have tried everything that doctors, therapist and even buddhists have told me to do.
I been in treatment since 16 and I'm 23 now. Y'all may think i just complain but i really try my best to be normal
But today I realize I can't cuz even when i think positive, eat right and exercise and make healthy choices , i still hate this life and want to die
Was hoping to get stable this summer than resume college in fall
But no way that's happening

I think i just gotta go with the advice of the douche chaplain
From christianforums.com

"Sometimes, we just gotta accept our lot in life."
You have to realize that nothing is going to happen anytime soon. Treatments can take 3-6 months to start taking a noticeable effect. You can't actually seriously be stating that because the treatments aren't happening instantaneously, that you're just not going to pursue them. Know how long it took me to sort through just my drug dependency? Six months. Know how long it took basically popping the neurological equivalent of battery acid to literally brute-force kill my schizophrenic tendencies? Another four months. You've been in treatment for about two weeks or so. That's not nearly enough time to start feeling results. Get your ass back in the fight, soldier.
I've been in Treatment since 16 I'm 23 now.

These meds are new hut before I was on lithium Whig they say is the best
Well you've said before that you've continually stopped treatment. The problem with psychology is that every person is different and trying to find the right combo of pharmaceuticals and therapeutic help is basically a process of deduction rather than a clean-cut diagnosis. Stick with it: If it truly makes you as miserable as you claim, then you have nothing to lose but everything to gain by continuing treatment. Trust me. The small amount of clarity I manage to retain, I didn't have before, and compared to how it USED to be, this is infinitely better.
Now to flip my message upside down; I'm suffering a particularly bad bout of depression at the moment. Not the normal kind where "things I used to enjoy aren't fun" like I usually seem to frequently have but a really shitty one where I cannot resolve to do a single thing. I can't even play a video game, or write, or, fuck, I can't even cook. And when I can't get the motivation to cook, well, trust me, that's the biggest indicator of a problem with me you can ever get.

Anybody have any ideas how to break this? Or at least give myself some breathing space of some kind? Also, this seems to happen once every two weeks, not reliably, but on average, so any ideas on breaking this that really work would be a hell of a great thing to have.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Euthanasia for Mental Illness brewer 32 2614 September 12, 2023 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Narcolepsy/ Sleep disorder support tackattack 16 836 December 7, 2021 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Sport and mental health. purplepurpose 24 2375 August 16, 2018 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mental state of narcos who commit atrocious crimes. Macoleco 16 3103 April 24, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Social Anxiety Bahana 10 1091 October 4, 2017 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What moral justification besides bodily autonomy do you use to support the position t DogmaticDownSouth 29 6492 July 5, 2017 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religion and mental health mcolafson 18 3266 October 6, 2016 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Another medical snippet, anxiety disorder. brewer 0 715 September 4, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Interesting snippet on Tx resistent depression. brewer 73 8690 August 30, 2016 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Religion as a mental illness RedRod 50 11341 August 25, 2015 at 11:00 am
Last Post: brewer