Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 1:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Bang Theory
RE: Big Bang Theory
Quote:That's a creationist position, not a scientific one.

That's what their fucking bible says, Stim.

Quote:Genesis 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Apparently their invisible sky-daddy just winked everything into being.

What kind of asshole would fall for such silly shit?
I think we've got the answer to that right here in this thread.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 8, 2012 at 11:57 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Atheism has nothing to say about the origin of the Universe! You yourself said that atheism is not science - and I agreed. Twice. Do keep up.

My point, since you ask, is that no scientist working in the relevant fields pertaining to the Big Bang and origin of the Universe is claiming what you are asserting they're claiming; namely, that something can come from nothing. That's a creationist position, not a scientific one. I'm starting to suspect that the reason you want to pass it off as something scientists are claiming, solely in order to ridicule the science, is down to your recognising just how ridiculous the claim actually is and a desire to distance yourself from it. Understandable, but disingenuous at best.

No, you are dead wrong on every count.
1) It's a scientific position that the Universe had an absolute physical beginning. Atheism cannot deal honestly with the logical fact that an immaterial, timeless spaceless agency is in evidence - necessary to explain the known effect.

2) No Theist claims Something from Nothing. God is not Nothing.
Atheism is stuck with nothing to explain a contingent Universe. That's irrational. Ignoring the issue is not an answer to the Atheist's problem.

3) Committed Atheists in science like Stephen Hawking and Lawrence Krauss most certainly do try to pull the wool over the eyes of the public by positing a Universe from nothing. Krauss even wrote a book on the subject. He merely redefines the quantum vacuum energy as 'nothing' - an obvious sham. However, they understand the philosophical implications of a Universe that began to exist. They just can't be honest with the facts and use of language.

Do you ever take responsibility when proven wrong?

(November 9, 2012 at 12:14 am)Annik Wrote: I heard an apt description of the atheist's beliefs on the universe: Usually based on latest scientific findings.

That answers exactly nothing. Atheism is not scientific. Atheism is just a narrow-minded belief that nobody can justify in reason.
When proven wrong, of course I do. Try doing it and I'll show you. You haven't even come close yet. All you've succeeded in doing is showing yourself up in a public forum by building a tatty strawman and insinuating some atheist-scientific conspiracy. I'm embarrassed for you, quite frankly.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 9, 2012 at 12:20 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:That's a creationist position, not a scientific one.

Quote:Genesis 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Hey Spanky.
The subject is God, not sky daddy. God is not physically dimensioned or located. Got the concept? Then get honest about it.

What's unbelievable with a real and fully sufficient causal agency?
What's your plausible alternative?

(November 9, 2012 at 12:38 am)Stimbo Wrote: When proven wrong, of course I do. Try doing it and I'll show you. You haven't even come close yet. All you've succeeded in doing is showing yourself up in a public forum by building a tatty strawman and insinuating some atheist-scientific conspiracy. I'm embarrassed for you, quite frankly.

Feigning embarrassment is not an argument.

What points of mine have been wrong? What have you defeated?
Exactly nothing.

You're floundering for some point after getting spanked
Seriously, we're done here. This clown has nothing to offer other than petulant posturing and silly strawmen. I'm bored with laughing at his funny red nose. You lot can feed on him if you like.
(November 9, 2012 at 12:45 am)Stimbo Wrote: Seriously, we're done here. This clown has nothing to offer other than petulant posturing and silly strawmen. I'm bored with laughing at his funny red nose. You lot can feed on him if you like.

Then demonstrate where I am wrong? Demonstrate a strawman. You can't.
You got castrated trying. Atheism is impotent.
Thanks for volunteering

[/quote]

How bout you Minimalist? Are you ready for the woodshed?

What's your excuse?
(November 9, 2012 at 12:42 am)Truth Matters Wrote: [quote='Minimalist' pid='360444' dateline='1352434834']

Hey Spanky.
The subject is God, not sky daddy. God is not physically dimensioned or located. Got the concept? Then get honest about it.

What's unbelievable with a real and fully sufficient causal agency?
What's your plausible alternative?

When I say "sky-daddy" it is only because I am still in the polite phase, asshole. ( That phase just ended, btw.) Your fucking god is no more plausible than any of the other gods invented by humanity so get that through your thick jesus-freak skull.

Theists invent a god to give simple solutions to complex problems. You are obviously satisfied with that. But the Big Bang Theory says that "About 15 billion years ago a tremendous explosion started the expansion of the universe. This explosion is known as the Big Bang. At the point of this event all of the matter and energy of space was contained at one point.

Now...I know this is difficult for a mind which is content to have a bearded old man winking everything into existence but the Big Bang is not nothing. It is EVERYTHING. All matter and energy.

So kindly blow jesus out your ass.
(November 7, 2012 at 9:49 pm)Truth Matters Wrote: The Big Bang is the absolute physical beginning from physical nothingness at the singularity boundary. Atheists do backflips to avoid the logical implications. They are in denial

I am agog, what are the logical implications???

Confusedhock:
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
This guy is fstdt material, someone with an acc there, share his 'wisdom' Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek theory Won2blv 10 1464 June 24, 2023 at 6:53 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No Big Bang? Silver 22 2875 March 17, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Simulation Theory according to Dilbert Neo-Scholastic 110 17325 May 10, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Intelligent Design as a scientific theory? SuperSentient 26 6621 March 26, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Simulation Theory Documentary Neo-Scholastic 25 5929 August 30, 2016 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  New theory on how life began KUSA 19 4074 March 3, 2016 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The big crunch. dyresand 3 990 March 30, 2015 at 7:37 am
Last Post: robvalue
  New theory on Aboigenesis StuW 11 4009 February 26, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  Can you give any evidence for Darwin's theory? Walker_Lee 51 10795 May 14, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Creationists: Just a theory? Darwinian 31 7910 October 26, 2013 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist