Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 12:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Muhammad the Greatest: A Comparative Study
RE: Muhammad the Greatest: A Comparative Study
Ten stabbings in one place in one year? And that doesn't make it notorious for it? The antisocial behaviour rate in my town has shot up in recent years, due to the relaxed drinking laws, yet I could count the number of stabbings - in fact, any serious crime - on the fingers of Captain Hook's bad hand.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Ten stabbings in one person, of which nine in the atheist' face....so christians can recognize the bastard!
(December 12, 2012 at 1:38 am)Darkstar Wrote:
(December 12, 2012 at 1:36 am)Stimbo Wrote: Quick question, if I may - if the OT is so out of kilter with xtian NT beliefs, why not scrap it altogether? It's a bit like running Windows 7 and Windows 95 at the same time; there's bound to be conflicts.

It won't matter if they're both infected with too many viruses to count.

Granted there'd be conflicts anyway, with reality as much as anything else. Plus, as you say, there's nothing to stop the viruses getting in and causing no end of havoc.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 12, 2012 at 1:32 am)FutureAndAHope Wrote: I agree we should seek our bibles for advice. But you need to look at the word of God as a whole to get the character of God.

You know it's sissy, pansy Christians like you that ruin it for us all.

Sure, the Lord makes exceptions to His rules all the time in the Bible but that doesn't mean the rules aren't clear. He tells us, "thou shalt not kill" but also ordered multiple genocides as His Chosen cut a bloody path to the promised land. Clearly, He can change His laws on a whim, like a Don saying, "ain't nobody gettin whacked unless I says so", but that doesn't mean Christians have license to do the same.

If the Lord decided to spare David and kill his kid instead, that's His prerogative. Meanwhile, we as Christians should demand laws on the books that call for disobedient children to be stoned to death in the public square and Red Lobster to be shut down as a den of sin and iniquity. No shell fish! They shall ever be an abomination.

Praise the sweet name of Jesus.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
RE: Totally not "Muhammad the Greatest: A Comparative Study"
(December 12, 2012 at 1:39 am)FutureAndAHope Wrote: Hi,

just to clear up the story a little, the valley is not notorious for stabbings
I just got that impression when you said:
FutureAndHope Wrote:The Valley was known as the rough end of town

(December 12, 2012 at 1:39 am)FutureAndAHope Wrote: I hope you don't try to use statistics to reason away my experience. Statistic won't be in your favour anyway.
Won't they? Did he say he was stabbed on that day, or at some other time?
Either way, statistics aren't in anyone's favor for the lottery either. Are all lottery wins therefore acts of god?
(December 12, 2012 at 1:48 am)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: Praise the sweet name of Jesus.

Amen.
Totally not "Muhammad the Greatest: A Comparative Study"
[Image: 28759582.jpg]
(December 12, 2012 at 1:36 am)Stimbo Wrote: Quick question, if I may - if the OT is so out of kilter with xtian NT beliefs, why not scrap it altogether? It's a bit like running Windows 7 and Windows 95 at the same time; there's bound to be conflicts.

The OT was designed to produce a nation that displayed God's character, to keep the knowledge of God alive. Strong laws were enforced to try to prevent regression back to the pagan customs that were prevalent, including sexual passion, child blood sacrifice, and the like. Prophets of God were sent to warn people if they were moving away from God's idea of society, and if they replaced God with idols God would destroy the idol worship and repopulate the land. He purified the land. The whole of the blood sacrifice was a visual picture of the fact God required a sacrifice, the sacrifice was his own son, God came in the flesh, took upon himself our sin, and was punished for it in our place. Now as a Christian it is not Gods desire to maintain the sacrifices any more, the need for a nation to preserve the knowledge of God is no more needed. The bible is preserved, God now has expended salvation to all men. Not that he has ever kept me from faith, but salvation used to be by becoming a Jew and obeying the law. But as I said the law was only designed to build society, Christianity is not a country. It is not wrong to use the OT to know how God wants us to live our lives but it is wrong to try inflict judgment on the every day person.

Jesus said one thing regarding the law, he said "God wants mercy, not sacrifice", God is a god of mercy, if you start hearing too much judgment, even from me, too much hell fire, too much you are all sinners, that is not mercy it is judgment. God is merciful. The bible says Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. To understand Gods character you need to understand the NT, Jesus, and the apostles, the OT is still used, but not the laws.
Hey I love God he is awsome.
(December 12, 2012 at 1:39 am)FutureAndAHope Wrote: just to clear up the story a little, the valley is not notorious for stabbings, if you did a police report you might find there were 10 in one year. I used to meet heaps of people in the valley, and none of them had been stabbed. It was only on the day that God asked me "How would I like to be stabbed?", that I met a man who had infact been stabbed earlier in his life. He was the first person I met on that day. So the day God asked me "How would I like to be stabbed", the first person I met fitted what he had asked me, he had been stabbed. I hope you don't try to use statistics to reason away my experience. Statistic won't be in your favour anyway.

The fact is this sort of thing happens all the time to me. Not hearing God's voice, but spiritual experiences. God did actually tell me a person I could marry using a voice, and it worked out great, we are happily married with a kid.

But?!?!? YOU, never got stabbed. How in the flying fuck do you prove god because a voice asked if you would like to get stabbed, but another takes the punishment without your involvement.

It's the same as you saying:
- god said "how would you like to eat a pancake"
- You didn't eat a pancake, but 50 people at a local restaurant did.
- Therefore god.

Dolt!
RE: Totally not "Muhammad the Greatest: A Comparative Study"
(December 12, 2012 at 1:48 am)Darkstar Wrote: Either way, statistics aren't in anyone's favor for the lottery either. Are all lottery wins therefore acts of god?

My wife won't let me, but I want to buy lottery tickets. Might sound insane, but I am sure give how many things I have seen God do in manipulation random events, that I am sure I could win.
Hey I love God he is awsome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taliban stop female Afghan students leaving country to study in Dubai zebo-the-fat 43 3979 September 1, 2023 at 1:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal? FlatAssembler 10 1139 August 12, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  One clear, precise prophecy of Muhammad.. among many R00tKiT 178 22765 July 13, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Atheist Quran study version 1. Mystic 21 4737 October 30, 2018 at 5:49 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Muhammad the perv Fake Messiah 21 4201 June 3, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Erase your sins Muhammad's way yragnitup 18 4594 May 19, 2018 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  So if Muhammad had long hair why so many muslim male having short hair? Ruckus123 3 1271 April 12, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Is muhammad a white dude? Ruckus123 9 3239 April 12, 2018 at 6:41 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Draw Muhammad (fbuh) Day - come at me bro Nihilist Virus 1 1073 March 6, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  I Drew Muhammad Publicly, international blasphamey day ScienceAf 37 7322 October 26, 2016 at 4:57 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh