Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2024, 6:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope; gay marriage threat to humanity's future
RE: Pope; gay marriage threat to humanity's future
(December 21, 2012 at 9:58 am)Aractus Wrote: No it isn't, but it's certainly a legitimate reason to reject a bill that you can't afford in the first place.

I applaud your fiscal responsibility, but in Africa they just shoot people. They don't have an expensive appeals process. African politics are fucked. There is a reason that the whole continent is fucked and it's because they have horrible horrible leadership. At some point Kenya and a few other African countries genuinely looked like they were going to come into the first world, then they elected some people who promised wealth distribution, and just stole a shit ton of money and became dictators.

Executing homosexuals is totally immoral, and I don't feel sorry for the people who elect such leaders when they turn out to be terrible.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 21, 2012 at 10:05 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Executing homosexuals is totally immoral, and I don't feel sorry for the people who elect such leaders when they turn out to be terrible.
It's a fake democracy; an african democracy.
Museveni is in office since the mid-80's, opposition in jail, divide and conquer etc.
Executing anyone who isn't a deserving criminal is immoral.
Well, Daniel, they see homosexuals as "deserving criminals."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Love is evil when the body parts are similar.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
(December 21, 2012 at 9:58 am)Aractus Wrote: No it isn't, but it's certainly a legitimate reason to reject a bill that you can't afford in the first place.

I am sure you would personally be reassured that the I value your life less than a cockroaches, and it is only the fact that I have better use for my 500 dollars that I don't come and extirpate such misused bags of fertilizer as you.
The Pope should worry about his confessionals and keep his fucking nose out of other people's personal lives.
(December 21, 2012 at 10:03 am)Rhythm Wrote: I know I know, it's just that in the event that a pope does or says something asinine, it's hardly breaking news.

Here's something that really surprises me; he's meeting with a Ugandan legislator who wants the death penalty for gays; And, seriously, rampant homophobia in the Catholic Church aside, isn't the Catholic Church anti-death penalty? And furthermore, I looked up the MP in question and she's actually Anglican. So, this just seems like Ratzinger's just an opportunist in the worst possible sense of the word.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 21, 2012 at 10:04 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: So, this just seems like Ratzinger's just an opportunist in the worst possible sense of the word.

Would you expect different? He is, when you get right down to it, not much more than a (spit) politician.
(December 21, 2012 at 10:10 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(December 21, 2012 at 10:04 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: So, this just seems like Ratzinger's just an opportunist in the worst possible sense of the word.

Would you expect different? He is, when you get right down to it, not much more than a (spit) politician.

Given that he's reassigned countless pedophile priests, he's probably more corrupt than the average politician.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What has Christianity truly contributed to humanity The Valkyrie 415 30955 August 23, 2023 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1508 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  There will be fewer "cousin" stories in the future, I think. Gawdzilla Sama 0 558 December 15, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Republicans are redefining marriage Silver 5 799 August 26, 2020 at 10:02 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 4075 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1893 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2455 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2580 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 4243 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 11065 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne