Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 12:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecticut Shootings - Cold Comfort
RE: Connecticut Shootings - Cold Comfort
(January 5, 2013 at 12:40 am)Minimalist Wrote: If there were a jesus he would be ashamed of the bastards.

If there were a Jesus, he should be ashamed of himself for allowing things like this to happen.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(January 4, 2013 at 11:15 pm)Polaris Wrote:
(January 4, 2013 at 11:03 pm)Ethan1581 Wrote: Its just typical. They want to make atheist seem like murders,druggies, thieves etc. So they can pretend they are better than us...

All they have to do is open a history book and have all their proof.

Proof of what polaris? that christians are better that atheists?

Don't go down that road pal.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I guess what vultures like Comfort fail to realize here is the actual implications of what they're saying: just how fucking evil would a god be if he created us with the requirement to fear punishment from him in order to act morally?

I mean, what does an almighty creator get the blame for, in instances like this? He doesn't for the shooting itself, nor for the circumstances leading up to it, even though he apparently created our entire species with the propensity for evil installed as our only inbuilt moral nature...

I just wish these people would bear out their statements to their logical conclusions, instead of stopping where it's most convenient for them.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(January 5, 2013 at 6:18 am)Esquilax Wrote: I guess what vultures like Comfort fail to realize here is the actual implications of what they're saying: just how fucking evil would a god be if he created us with the requirement to fear punishment from him in order to act morally?

I mean, what does an almighty creator get the blame for, in instances like this? He doesn't for the shooting itself, nor for the circumstances leading up to it, even though he apparently created our entire species with the propensity for evil installed as our only inbuilt moral nature...

I just wish these people would bear out their statements to their logical conclusions, instead of stopping where it's most convenient for them.

Hello Esquilax, haven't seen your intro thread yet.
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 5, 2013 at 6:37 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Hello Esquilax, haven't seen your intro thread yet.

Haven't made one yet. I guess I should get onto that Big Grin
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Much appreciated!

Mr Comfort (as his name implies) doesn't like to investigate anything much, or so it seems Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 5, 2013 at 12:53 am)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(January 5, 2013 at 12:40 am)Minimalist Wrote: If there were a jesus he would be ashamed of the bastards.

If there were a Jesus, he should be ashamed of himself for allowing things like this to happen.
....And then God created Leftwingers and Democrats...
[Image: andapinchofaholes.jpg]
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(January 5, 2013 at 7:10 am)A Theist Wrote:
(January 5, 2013 at 12:53 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: If there were a Jesus, he should be ashamed of himself for allowing things like this to happen.
....And then God created Leftwingers and Democrats...

Tea party member are you?
(January 5, 2013 at 7:44 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(January 5, 2013 at 7:10 am)A Theist Wrote: ....And then God created Leftwingers and Democrats...

Tea party member are you?
nope...
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
god fearing people like joseph kony, saddam hussain, osama bin laden have participated in much worse shootings i imagine. And if you want to talk about more god fearing action just think of random women being burned alive for 900 years because the bible mentions witches. the crusades, the religious genocides that are taking place in the modern world and so on.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISIS is the Sauds. The Sauds own ISIS. It's America's cold war gift. WinterHold 15 6982 February 5, 2019 at 4:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  School Shootings Silver 50 5383 May 23, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  They can have my c*ck when they pry it from my cold dead hand... Doubting Thomas 19 4785 March 14, 2017 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  TheOnion - Too Close To The Truth For Comfort Minimalist 7 1577 October 28, 2016 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How to end police shootings in one easy step. CapnAwesome 145 13049 July 22, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  End the BS cold war slur by the right. OP ED Brian37 18 3194 April 25, 2015 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Cold War era anti-communist propaganda vs. current USG imagery Mudhammam 3 1557 January 17, 2014 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  More shootings. Creed of Heresy 90 18890 December 31, 2012 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Possible Motive Emerges In The Connecticut Shooting A Theist 65 20694 December 21, 2012 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs' cratehorus 8 2361 July 22, 2012 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Erinome