Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 5:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women. You have men by the balls.(...)
RE: Women. You have men by the balls.(...)
(February 23, 2013 at 1:56 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Hmmm.. I must have been tardy the day they distributed the gene for emotional thinking, it doesn't come naturally to me at all.
Do you believe that generally, women are more prone than men to let emotion dictate their thinking, rather than reason? I do.
Not everyone is the same because of their sex.

MINDBLOWING - I know.
(February 23, 2013 at 12:34 pm)John V Wrote: I didn't claim that the two are synonymous. you're speaking directly out of your ass.
Nor did I say that you did, sit down. You are, however, still speaking directly out of your ass. If they are not synonymous then you must draw a line between the two, which you have not done. This would would be support for your position, which is, at present, non-existent. Further, if that comment is meant to reinforce your point I will, unfortunately, have to inform you that the statement is a massive non-sequitur. If it is not support for your point, which it clearly is not, then there's no point in responding with it whatsoever, and there's no reason for me to explain - again- why it fails to pass the bar.

Quote:True, but evolutionists frequently speak as if evolution has a purpose. If I were to start pointing out such instances, you guys would say I was being pedantic.
Good, we agree, you mis-spoke, whether or not others mis-spoke is tq. Entirely irrelevant as a response and I should not have to explain it again. This "just kidding" garbage is a cop out, and I told you no passes would be given.

Quote:What profound misunderstanding is that? Unless you're disputing that evolution can RESULT IN differences in behavior between the sexes of a species, then your objection is that I may have exaggerated the case, not that there is a profound misunderstanding.
I shouldn't have to repeat myself so soon, but you failed to recognize the poor choice of words you repeatedly leveraged and then later floundered on some bullshit about how "other people did it" and it was just for the lulz. Troll. You have failed to produce a subservience gene, or explain how subservience is a biological trait that can be inherited in the first place. You failed to explain when this trait arose, and how it is conferred from one generation to the next along lines of gender. Above all else, you failed to explain how evolution makes women, specifically, do anything at all - or exhibit some cultural notion of subservience-.

Do you have any more questions?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 19, 2013 at 9:34 am)A Theist Wrote:
(February 19, 2013 at 7:04 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Sexist claptrap from a theist. SNAFU.
BHA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! That's Mr. Sexist to you!

If you hate women and gays, who do you smooch with?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(February 23, 2013 at 1:59 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote:
(February 23, 2013 at 1:56 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Hmmm.. I must have been tardy the day they distributed the gene for emotional thinking, it doesn't come naturally to me at all.
Do you believe that generally, women are more prone than men to let emotion dictate their thinking, rather than reason? I do.

Men get into violent fights and the like more often than women, is acting on rage considered allowing emotion to dictate thinking?
(February 23, 2013 at 2:11 pm)Psykhronic Wrote: is acting on rage considered allowing emotion to dictate thinking?
Yes.
(February 23, 2013 at 12:39 pm)John V Wrote: Violet, I'm surprised that you kudo'd Rhythm's last post. IIRC you sometimes note submissiveness as a feature of womanhood. Don't you also think there is a biological aspect to gender identity? Thinking

Womanhood and manhood are both cultural, in many cultures it is expected of women to be submissive.

I do think there is a neurological aspect to gender identity (insofar as 'if your brain is structured a certain way, you're more likely to 'align' with the 'gender role' associated with it), and so biology plays a small part (specifically: constructing brains, which are responsible for personality, wants/desires, the like).

But past that, gender is a wholly cultural invention. There are men and women in this world who would be pretty much identical were it not for calling themselves a man or a woman. The 'traits of gender' associated with 'man' and 'woman' are wholly invented (you'll notice that many of them are defied by the individuals who still call themselves men and women?), since those very 'traits' do not apply to all of those encompassed by this bigendering system.

A far more accurate system could easily be made... it's just: getting hundreds of cultures to adapt to it would be a nightmare Tongue Cultural system, and totally bogus. I'm a woman, and that's because it's a cultural statement of my identity, with all the baggage associated. Smile

(February 23, 2013 at 2:07 pm)Psykhronic Wrote: Not everyone is the same because of their sex.

MINDBLOWING - I know.

Who said anyone was the same because of their sex? Sleepy

All they must have in common is a little XY chromosome Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Before I forget, and before this round of LOL starts, whoever is trying to justify this same tired bullshit on the grounds of "god"

The argument is DOA on the basis of bare and deplorably infantile potential arguments. Your silly little god myth doesn't have the juice to make your womenfolk bow before you anymore. To be honest I doubt that it ever did, or we would be at a loss as to explain precisely why the judicious and regular application of a closed fist was required. Get a grip.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

lol :p

I speak in general, you'll always find men who are "too emotional", you would also find women who are tough & cold ; it actually depends on the person.

But I'm speaking about a general standard. It is true that children who are raised away from their mothers do lack emotional features, it is also true that me, as a man, feel really "contained" around female friends rather than males.

It all depends, but on a general standard : science proved that female brains do use emotional parts more than men..

But I really want to know, why many women get offended from this ? Undecided this is not sexist in any way ; it's actually a privilege to women !
How the fuck is that a privilege? Also - in science, nothing is "proved". Shit can change due to evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women and Assault FrustratedFool 17 1286 September 2, 2023 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Men are robbers Interaktive 11 1645 November 10, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 6726 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 5434 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4952 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Can You Guess Which Countries Have More "Women In Parliament" Than The USA? ReptilianPeon 7 1537 July 13, 2018 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Black men kneeling Foxaèr 18 2686 May 26, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Allows Women to Drive WinterHold 10 1794 September 27, 2017 at 7:44 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Have you ever lived anywhere else besides where you live now? Whateverist 55 14963 July 4, 2017 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What Is This All Men Are Equal Under The Law Shit? Minimalist 10 3524 May 24, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy