Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 9:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
(March 1, 2013 at 5:34 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(March 1, 2013 at 5:10 pm)A Theist Wrote: No. The child is a six year old boy...and six years old is too young for any child to make that kind of determination...IMO I think the parents are more behind this!

And what if it is proven that the parents aren't behind this?

What if it is proven that the child is the one making said assertions and the parents merely are not overriding what "she" says?

A thought experiment.
Quote:What if it is proven that the child is the one making said assertions and the parents merely are not overriding what "she" says?
Seriously?! At six years old? That six year old boy is way too young to be making determinations about his sexuality...and the parents shouldn't be encouraging it.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(March 2, 2013 at 11:45 am)A Theist Wrote: Seriously?! At six years old? That six year old boy is way too young to be making determinations about his sexuality...and the parents shouldn't be encouraging it.

To be honest, I quite agree here. Children shouldn't have to be dealing with things like religion, politics, sexuality, and all that sort of thing. Childhood years have their own particular problems.
If the child feels a particular manner on their own, then the parents should allow it, but enforcement or encouragement might not be the best long-term thing for them.

Although none of us know the full circumstances of what's going on, so it's not really for any of us to say unless we become intimately familiar with said circumstances.
If you believe it, question it. If you question it, get an answer. If you have an answer, does that answer satisfy reality? Does it satisfy you? Probably not. For no one else will agree with you, not really.
Possibly apropos of nothing (and a bit TMI to boot), but I started masturbating at age seven. I know several who started younger. Some much younger.

So to say six is too young for dealing with sexuality...I don't know about that.
(March 2, 2013 at 1:05 pm)Lachrymose Wrote: Possibly apropos of nothing (and a bit TMI to boot), but I started masturbating at age seven. I know several who started younger. Some much younger.

So to say six is too young for dealing with sexuality...I don't know about that.

Not on a personal level, I should have made that clear. I mean in the arena of debate and social politics. That's why I think the parents should leave them to do what they feel is right as opposed to actively enforcing or restricting them.
If you believe it, question it. If you question it, get an answer. If you have an answer, does that answer satisfy reality? Does it satisfy you? Probably not. For no one else will agree with you, not really.
A long time ago (mid 80's) my union handled a case in which a male employee decided he wanted to be a woman and decided he was going to use the women's bathroom. This was in downtown Brooklyn where you get a certain rough element.

A bunch of women beat the crap out of him one day in the women's room. Problem solved. He, of course, was smart enough to tell the investigators that he could not remember anything.
(March 1, 2013 at 10:59 am)John V Wrote: If she says she's a girl, then she is a girl, regardless of biology...or at least that's what was argued to me in another thread.

Fine, then I'm Jesus Christ, because I say so. And nobody can say I am not!

BOW TO MY DIVINE PRESENCE! Devil
“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders
(March 2, 2013 at 1:56 pm)EGross Wrote:
(March 1, 2013 at 10:59 am)John V Wrote: If she says she's a girl, then she is a girl, regardless of biology...or at least that's what was argued to me in another thread.

BOW TO MY DIVINE PRESENCE! Devil

Jesus, I gots a question.

*Lightning bolt*

Jesus: NO QUESTIONS!!
To the people who say it's not such a big deal for a little boy in a dress to use the girls bathroom because of the stalls and such. Why isn't it then 'not a big deal' for said little boy to use the boy's room. There are stalls in the boy's room. I mean we don't know much about this, but you can still almost guarantee that the parents are pushing this for some bizarre reason.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(March 2, 2013 at 1:56 pm)EGross Wrote:

Note that I said "to me," not "by me." You're actually ridiculing other atheists.

In that other thread I was criticized for saying that terms such as man, woman, male and female were tied to biology. Atheists say the same thing in this thread, and no complaints. Go figure.
Ok, so we got stupid athiests just like we got stupid believers! Big Grin
“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2637 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6756 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  1st 100 days? Blue Man 7 1249 February 16, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pence Defends Trump’s Criticism of Judge Who Blocked Travel Ban Foxaèr 3 856 February 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1846 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1994 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Why doesn't the United States follow it's own rules when it comes to the 1st amendmen GoHalos1993 18 5432 December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This Minimalist 14 2241 December 8, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Kim Jung Un to US: Ban The Interview or else attack! Creed of Heresy 27 6589 June 27, 2014 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Colorado jury duty and breach of separation of church and state. guestatheist14 6 2359 February 2, 2014 at 3:03 am
Last Post: guestatheist14