Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
Exclamation 
Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban

By Colleen O'Connor
The Denver Post

[Image: 20130227__coy_school_transgender~p1.jpg]
The parents of a transgender 6-year-old have filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Division because Eagleside Elementary School in Fountain banned the first-grader from using the girls' restroom.

The child, Coy Mathis, was born male but identifies as female. She had attended the school since December 2011 before being pulled out by her parents.

"This is significant for both Colorado and nationally," said Michael Silverman, executive director of the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund, who is representing the family. "For Colorado, it is the first test of the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act as related to access to bathrooms by transgender students. (Full Article)
[Image: white-cloud-emoticon6.gif?1292330538]
Then there was a man who said, “I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late." Anonymous
RE: Colorado parents of transgender 1st-grader file complaint over restroom ban
(February 27, 2013 at 5:04 pm)Nobody Wrote: The parents of a transgender 6-year-old have filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Division because Eagleside Elementary School in Fountain banned the first-grader from using the girls' restroom.

The child, Coy Mathis, was born male but identifies as female. She had attended the school since December 2011 before being pulled out by her parents.

"This is significant for both Colorado and nationally," said Michael Silverman, executive director of the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund, who is representing the family. "For Colorado, it is the first test of the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act as related to access to bathrooms by transgender students. (Full Article)

Ok, Nobody, now lets get your moralistic rant on this. Please tell us how this is "unnatural" and goes against "morality" and how society should not accept this kind of "morally reprehensible behavior".

After all, you are the moral authority on this board, so lets get into it.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
Honestly, I'm just surprised that transsexuality is emerging that young in people.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Your rant is quite enough dear.
Clap Thank you.

I can certainly see why morality offends you. However, when you imply you and everyone here are immoral and that's why you imagine someone with morals must be deemed an authority, that's a bold statement.
As is the attempt to insinuate through various offensive tactics that morality must not be condoned, and when it's not abdicated you go into the personal attack mode.
How very young you are.
And so venomously enraged.
Good luck with that.

(February 27, 2013 at 5:10 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote:
(February 27, 2013 at 5:04 pm)Nobody Wrote: The parents of a transgender 6-year-old have filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Division because Eagleside Elementary School in Fountain banned the first-grader from using the girls' restroom.

Ok, Nobody, now lets get your moralistic rant on this. Please tell us how this is "unnatural" and goes against "morality" and how society should not accept this kind of "morally reprehensible behavior".

After all, you are the moral authority on this board, so lets get into it.
Then there was a man who said, “I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late." Anonymous
That poor little girl should be able to go to whatever restroom she wants. She'll have her own stall. Who does it hurt?
(February 27, 2013 at 5:15 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Honestly, I'm just surprised that transsexuality is emerging that young in people.
I think it's debatable as to what they're feeling at that age.
I think the school has it right however. At this point it's a chic with a dick, as they say. Bathrooms are meant for the gender specified and since 'she' has a penis she is not entitled to use the boys room.

Other therapies for such thoughts are available than simply pandering to the whim of one so young.
There was a report here some months ago about a prepubescent little boy who felt like a little girl and wanted to start hormone blockers. Said to be quite dangerous at that young age.
In relative comparison another child was featured that claimed to feel the same way when he was that age, and later on changed his mind and realized he wanted to be a boy after all.

It's a careful step a parent would have to take I imagine in order to insure the best health and future for their child. In this case however, the school has every right to keep the rules in place for all children, rather than amend them to accommodate one. Being a boy, it's not going to shock him to use the proper restroom.

Related:

UK’s youngest transgender patient seeks to reverse “sex-change”
October 29, 2012

(February 27, 2013 at 5:25 pm)Nobody Wrote: Your rant is quite enough dear.
Clap Thank you.

I can certainly see why morality offends you. However, when you imply you and everyone here are immoral and that's why you imagine someone with morals must be deemed an authority, that's a bold statement.
As is the attempt to insinuate through various offensive tactics that morality must not be condoned, and when it's not abdicated you go into the personal attack mode.
How very young you are.
And so venomously enraged.
Good luck with that.

The spin doctor returns!!!

I have never seen anyone as adept as you at twisting words and shoving them back into someone else's mouth.

We all have morals that we stand by, and stand by quite strongly. However, we don't grandstand on those morals and go waving them in front of everyone else saying "Look what a great moral person I am! You should be like me!"

We don't attack others for THEIR moral code simply because it offends ours.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(February 27, 2013 at 5:45 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: We don't attack others for THEIR moral code simply because it offends ours.
Ah, something to look forward to. When do you think you'll prove that in your posts? Smile

In the meantime personal opinions that identify homosexuality as immoral, is not an attack dear. It's a personal opinion about homosexuality. Smile

Now, to add, do you think the next time you return to this thread you can actually address the topic and not the poster?
im upset for two reasons

1. my crazy ex-wife could just elect to raise our kids in any gender she chooses

2. i could have been using the girls locker room this whole time with a wig and a lil bit of makeup

this is bullshit
(February 27, 2013 at 5:45 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: We all have morals that we stand by, and stand by quite strongly. However, we don't grandstand on those morals and go waving them in front of everyone else saying "Look what a great moral person I am! You should be like me!"

We don't attack others for THEIR moral code simply because it offends ours.
ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2474 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6321 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  1st 100 days? Blue Man 7 1167 February 16, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pence Defends Trump’s Criticism of Judge Who Blocked Travel Ban Foxaèr 3 817 February 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1792 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1888 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Why doesn't the United States follow it's own rules when it comes to the 1st amendmen GoHalos1993 18 5232 December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This Minimalist 14 2164 December 8, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Kim Jung Un to US: Ban The Interview or else attack! Creed of Heresy 27 6326 June 27, 2014 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Colorado jury duty and breach of separation of church and state. guestatheist14 6 2291 February 2, 2014 at 3:03 am
Last Post: guestatheist14