Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 9:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Measles Outbreak at Vaccine-Denying Church
RE: Measles Outbreak at Vaccine-Denying Church
(August 29, 2013 at 9:37 am)Drich Wrote: They are praying so people die and go to their version of hell. I am praying my 1/2 of that prayer (you have to pray the other half) so you wake up from your pride, and live eternally.

Cool, so you're only being half of a dickheaded thought criminal. Good thing that shit is infinitely renewable and not at all divisible!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(August 28, 2013 at 2:40 pm)Esquilax Wrote: So Drich, are you going to admit that you were wrong in your foxholes claim, now that you've been provided with multiple examples to the contrary? Or will you keep trundling on without ever accepting an error?

Nooooo......he stepped in it.....and he knows it.....time to do the christians shuffle.......cue the Benny Hill theme music

[Image: tumblr_mliut3rXE01soz1kco1_500.jpg]

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so.
-- Mark Twain

(August 28, 2013 at 10:48 pm)ronedee Wrote: You are just trying to discredit me as a person.

Oh, I'm sure none of us would presume to do your job for you, not when you do it so well.

(August 28, 2013 at 10:48 pm)ronedee Wrote: WhoTF cares if I'm a liar or not? Me, that's about it sherlock!

Interesting. Doesn't your god care if you're a liar? Or doesn't it know? In your self-righteous indignation, the cracks in the veneer of your faith show through.

(August 28, 2013 at 10:48 pm)ronedee Wrote: The biggest collection of profane liars, haters and exaggerators ever to be found is right here in this forum making mountains out of ant hills.

Yes, I'd spotted that myself.

(August 28, 2013 at 10:48 pm)ronedee Wrote: Tearing down the good majority of Christians with vile anger that's grossly undeserving and wrong!

Undeserving and wrong would be your misuse of the word "good" in that sentence.

(August 28, 2013 at 11:20 pm)ronedee Wrote: well... you will have to physically remove me! I don't see anyone that can do that.

Hello!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm)Drich Wrote:
(August 28, 2013 at 1:14 pm)Texas Sailor Wrote: Drich...Which God do the Zen-Buddhists pray to???

My mother was a Buddhist. Buddhist worship the path of the 'awakened one.' To walk this path and to acheave this 'wakened' state elevates one to an enlightened sense of being, which trancends all of the 'dukkha/pain and suffering' the ignorant suffer from. To acheave this zen elevates these transcended believers to a state of nirvana. From this state some believe one can reach the ultimate state as a budda has and can be 'reborn' and keep coming back in higher states of existence. The end goal for the Buddhist is 'buddahood.' In essence Buddhism is a form of self worship that elevates it's believer too a FORM of godhood. So the Buddist worships the path to enlightment, which deifies the indivisual to a degree.

To be a Buddhist, and to fight in a war would destroy everything they believed in (That is why so many of them set themselves on fire rather than fight in a war.) For those who fought, and caused suffering and pain knew they could never have the hope to obtain a true state of Zen, thus pushing them to seek other religions, or to simply try and start over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism
http://nichirenbuddhist.org/LearnBuddhis...k/ch2.html

This has to be one of the most fucked up, wrong-headed descriptions of Buddhism that I've ever heard.

No, just no.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 29, 2013 at 10:25 am)tokutter Wrote: Nooooo......he stepped in it.....and he knows it.....time to do the christians shuffle.......cue the Benny Hill theme music

I thought that was the Republican Party theme song.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(August 29, 2013 at 12:53 am)Esquilax Wrote: Incidentally, Ronny, the entire thread is open for public viewing. Which means that Min's excellent google fu analysis of what actually occurred is also right there, for everyone to see. Not to mention other rebuttals from myself and others. All of which you seem to be ignoring.

Can the irony train go in reverse? I think we need it to back up for another run!

Again... I'm honored with all the attention that I get! I'm trying not to get a big head here.

But, as usual you are late to the party!

And yes, I do ignore bullshit! If you gents spent as much time looking for God as you do my quotes, you might find your proof!
Quis ut Deus?
(August 30, 2013 at 12:49 am)ronedee Wrote: Again... I'm honored with all the attention that I get! I'm trying not to get a big head here.

And yes, I do ignore bullshit! If you gents spent as much time looking for God as you do my quotes, you might find your proof!

Did you even read Min's post?

Care to rebut it in the thread itself? I mean, if it's bullshit, it should be easy, right?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(August 29, 2013 at 5:54 pm)apophenia Wrote:
(August 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm)Drich Wrote: My mother was a Buddhist. Buddhist worship the path of the 'awakened one.' To walk this path and to acheave this 'wakened' state elevates one to an enlightened sense of being, which trancends all of the 'dukkha/pain and suffering' the ignorant suffer from. To acheave this zen elevates these transcended believers to a state of nirvana. From this state some believe one can reach the ultimate state as a budda has and can be 'reborn' and keep coming back in higher states of existence. The end goal for the Buddhist is 'buddahood.' In essence Buddhism is a form of self worship that elevates it's believer too a FORM of godhood. So the Buddist worships the path to enlightment, which deifies the indivisual to a degree.

To be a Buddhist, and to fight in a war would destroy everything they believed in (That is why so many of them set themselves on fire rather than fight in a war.) For those who fought, and caused suffering and pain knew they could never have the hope to obtain a true state of Zen, thus pushing them to seek other religions, or to simply try and start over.

This has to be one of the most fucked up, wrong-headed descriptions of Buddhism that I've ever heard.

No, just no.

At least he didn't scream they're all nihilists. That gets old.

Using a Nichiren site for support information may explain Drich's understanding. Maybe his mother was Soka Gakkai? Hardly a mainstream variant.
(August 29, 2013 at 5:54 pm)apophenia Wrote:
(August 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm)Drich Wrote: My mother was a Buddhist. Buddhist worship the path of the 'awakened one.' To walk this path and to acheave this 'wakened' state elevates one to an enlightened sense of being, which trancends all of the 'dukkha/pain and suffering' the ignorant suffer from. To acheave this zen elevates these transcended believers to a state of nirvana. From this state some believe one can reach the ultimate state as a budda has and can be 'reborn' and keep coming back in higher states of existence. The end goal for the Buddhist is 'buddahood.' In essence Buddhism is a form of self worship that elevates it's believer too a FORM of godhood. So the Buddist worships the path to enlightment, which deifies the indivisual to a degree.

No, just no.

Sorry alpo,
Reference material says yes.
(August 30, 2013 at 12:49 am)ronedee Wrote:
(August 29, 2013 at 12:53 am)Esquilax Wrote: Incidentally, Ronny, the entire thread is open for public viewing. Which means that Min's excellent google fu analysis of what actually occurred is also right there, for everyone to see. Not to mention other rebuttals from myself and others. All of which you seem to be ignoring.

Can the irony train go in reverse? I think we need it to back up for another run!

Again... I'm honored with all the attention that I get! I'm trying not to get a big head here.

You sound almost as if you want us to stop answering you.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1435 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 3229 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4440 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Church update:children's church k2490 15 10972 June 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Rahul