Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 4:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does god want to cut off women's hands?
Why does god want to cut off women's hands?
In
Deuteronomy 25:12
it says:
11"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, 12then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.

Why is god so suddenly concerned about a woman touching a man's privates?
He has no such prohibition or punishment for a man helping his friend and grabbing another man's junk.

Is god a hateful Homo?

Is this still in force?

If some guy was beating my ass, I'd love for my wife to twist his nuts off, and yet I am the fairly jealous type.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Why does god want to cut off women's hands?
Are you reading the bible and just posting the nonsense as you find them?
(September 4, 2013 at 1:10 pm)Brakeman Wrote: In
Deuteronomy 25:12
it says:
11"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, 12then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.

Why is god so suddenly concerned about a woman touching a man's privates?
He has no such prohibition or punishment for a man helping his friend and grabbing another man's junk.
Think about it. The law has the general principal of eye for eye and tooth for tooth. Since a woman doesn't have balls, this clarifies the punishment for that situation. Ripping out her lady junk would probably be worse than cutting off a hand.
(September 4, 2013 at 1:14 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Are you reading the bible and just posting the nonsense as you find them?

Lol. Be prepared for a lot of threads.
Also, why do you phrase it as god wanting to cut off hands, rather than god wanting to prevent damage to men's junk? Do you say that societies with prisons want to put people in jail, or that they want to deter crime?
(September 4, 2013 at 1:22 pm)John V Wrote: Also, why do you phrase it as god wanting to cut off hands, rather than god wanting to prevent damage to men's junk? Do you say that societies with prisons want to put people in jail, or that they want to deter crime?

Shouldn't there be a law that cuts off men's hands who touch women's breasts, when two of them are fighting? Tongue
(September 4, 2013 at 1:22 pm)John V Wrote: Also, why do you phrase it as god wanting to cut off hands, rather than god wanting to prevent damage to men's junk? Do you say that societies with prisons want to put people in jail, or that they want to deter crime?

For two insanely obvious reasons. 1: Because it's punitive, not preventative. If protecting the junk was really the point, the punishment would not apply exclusively to one demographic. And 2: it's disproportionate retribution. Note that it says nothing about a wife causing damage to the genitals. Merely grabbing them is enough to lose a hand.

It's just another example of the arbitrary barbarism of God's law.

Because he says to do it...and also demands no pity? Considering god is a fictional scapegoat, I reckon it's mostly a typical man-centric method to keep women 'in their place'.

The purpose of the edict is not to protect men's genitals, it's to punish women. Otherwise the edict would have included both sexes. There is nothing special about a woman's hands nor men's junk. This could have some carryover of god not knowing that semen isn't a "seed" and women being more than just a fertile womb, but that is already reading a lot into it.
You could cut off a man's hand just as well... that is if you were a real asshole god.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(September 4, 2013 at 1:30 pm)Ryantology Wrote: Because it's punitive, not preventative.
The same could be said of jail time. What's the difference?
Quote:If protecting the junk was really the point, the punishment would not apply exclusively to one demographic.
It doesn't. As noted, eye for an eye. A man damaging another man's junk would have his own junk damaged - a worse fate than losing a hand IMHO.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 6727 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  how to get kicked off a christian forum Drich 61 9675 April 30, 2020 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: no one
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 2019 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 10620 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 34236 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 16219 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 21221 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 3182 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6617 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Women as priests Der/die AtheistIn 53 9356 August 4, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady