Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 10:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are Christians so obsessed with Beating Children??
RE: Why are Christians so obsessed with Beating Children??
(January 17, 2014 at 2:42 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: Poe, 95% sure

edgar allen?
(January 17, 2014 at 12:37 am)là bạn điên Wrote:
(January 16, 2014 at 8:49 pm)Polaris Wrote: The problem with youth in America is that parents have failed to provide adequate discipline. It has less to do with religion and more to do with race at this point. I have noticed in America, it's the white parents (many of whom are Christian) who have gotten soft on punishment.

Are you claiming that those 'races' who have not gone softer on punishment have better behaved children?

Which races would that be?

Obviously the afghan race.
Beating your children makes them submissive and more likely to believe everything you say. It also helps prevent that nasty curiosity and free thinking that often leads to evil atheism! Christians tend to not think about things. If they haven't questioned the religion they were raised with, what are the chances they've taken the time to question the discipline? They'd rather risk "accidentally" killing their kids than using their fucking brains.

That and, they have a book that says it's OK to hurt people smaller than them. "Pick on someone your own size!" means nothing to these people.
(January 16, 2014 at 10:36 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote:
(January 16, 2014 at 10:24 am)là bạn điên Wrote: . I spent 2 years working for social services in south London essentially attending police stations as an appropriate adult for young offenders.Violent young thugs ALWAYS come from homes where children are hit

And bread. I beat they also came from houses where they ate bread. Fucking bread.

Interesting correlation, but scarcely proof of causality.

Say, were these violent young thugs all from Christian homes?

I see that the subtlety of evidence escapes you. You realize that if all of them came from an environment where they were hit, then none of them came from non-violent homes.

(January 16, 2014 at 12:24 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Ugg. I hate to say this but I partly agree with drich.

Obviously striking a child is something which can be poisonous bad if done for the wrong reasons, or in the way, or to excess.

But I don't think a slap across the back of the legs to reinforce a point is necessarily a bad thing, or child abuse.

The world teaches us that way. Touch a fire, or drink and drive, or start a fight, the world punishes you with pain. That's how we learn.

Society has become very good at standing between people and the consequences of their actions. Kids especially. And I'm not sure that's always a good thing.

If a young child reaches for an iron, or goes to run a road, or reaches for something dangerous we stop them. But explaining to a 2 year old that that pan of water would have scalded them does not capture the essence or communicate the gravity. They don't yet have the conceptual tools or comprehension. A smack across the legs does no harm and fixes the association between that behaviour and pain.

I don't think that's abuse.

Yes, absolutely - toddlers who drink and drive should be spanked. I'm all for it.

(January 16, 2014 at 6:36 pm)Sinnersburninhell100 Wrote: Beating children builds discipline, character, and strength into them. The Chinese who are harsh on their children will overtake and someday rule over the west. The west focuses too much on hedonistic desires and is rotten from the inside.

It's really quite unfortunate that there isn't a hell for you to burn in.

(January 16, 2014 at 7:35 pm)Mr Greene Wrote:
(January 16, 2014 at 6:50 pm)Sinnersburninhell100 Wrote: I was beaten many times growing up and it made me into a better person. Without those beatings I would have fallen into sin and would probably be some drug abusing sex crazed atheist. The scars that mark my back and arms are marks of love from my parents and attest to their love and caring. I have direction and discipline and unshakeable faith. Nonbelievers are without direction or discipline. When I decide to have a child I will show them the guidance and love necessary to keep our country more disciplined than China.

Hang on, scars on your back and arms? WTF? Seriously that was abuse and your parents should have been jailed.

Stockholm Syndrome.

Your Honors, I enter the following into evidence:
To Train Up a Child
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(January 16, 2014 at 6:50 pm)Sinnersburninhell100 Wrote: I was beaten many times growing up and it made me into a better person. Without those beatings I would have fallen into sin and would probably be some drug abusing sex crazed atheist. The scars that mark my back and arms are marks of love from my parents and attest to their love and caring. I have direction and discipline and unshakeable faith. Nonbelievers are without direction or discipline. When I decide to have a child I will show them the guidance and love necessary to keep our country more disciplined than China.

You don't SEEM to be a better person. You seem to be a parody of a fundamentlist. Pro tip: Your spelling is way too good for the persona you're trying to portray.

(January 16, 2014 at 6:58 pm)Sinnersburninhell100 Wrote: You cannot reason discipline to a child they learned obedience through the rod and when they achieve goals appreciate the harsh discipline later in life.

My parents believed that and I wound up an atheist. Make you think, or it should.

(January 17, 2014 at 4:12 pm)Chas Wrote: Stockholm Syndrome.

Your Honors, I enter the following into evidence:
To Train Up a Child

Children have been killed by parents following the advice in this book.
(January 17, 2014 at 3:44 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(January 17, 2014 at 12:37 am)là bạn điên Wrote: Are you claiming that those 'races' who have not gone softer on punishment have better behaved children?

Which races would that be?

Obviously the afghan race.
They are called Pashtun.
(January 16, 2014 at 9:12 am)Drich Wrote: Prov 13
24 He who spares his rod hates his son,
But he who loves him disciplines him promptly.

Prov 23
13 Do not withhold ndiscipline from a child;
oif you strike him with a rod, he will not die.
14 If you strike him with the rod,
you will psave his soul from Sheol.

Prov22
15 Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child;
The rod of correction will drive it far from him.

Prov 20

30 Blows that hurt cleanse away evil,
As do stripes the inner depths of the heart.[d]

Prov 29
15 vThe rod and reproof give wisdom,
but a child left to himself wbrings shame to his mother.

What Dirch quoted above, such treatment of children is commanded by Yahweh in his "word".
undefined
(January 17, 2014 at 5:37 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote:
(January 17, 2014 at 3:44 pm)Chuck Wrote: Obviously the afghan race.
They are called Pashtun.

Sarcasm appears to not survive english to english translation.
Quote: I see that the subtlety of evidence escapes you. You realize that if all of them came from an environment where they were hit, thennone of them came from non-violent homes.
That whooshing sound was the point sailing over your head. What this would show, if it was "evidence", which it is not, is correlation, not causality. It does not show that smacking caused the kids to be violent thugs. If the kids were beaten the chances are they suffered all sorts of other abuses as well. Social deprivation. Poor education. A correlation shows a link, but not a causal one.

One could as well say that ALL these thugs came from terraced houses or flats, NONE of them were from detached country mansions. That does not prove that there is a causal link between living in flats and youth offending. It might an that a broader element, social background, is a risk factor for both.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(January 17, 2014 at 5:43 pm)Justtristo Wrote:
(January 16, 2014 at 9:12 am)Drich Wrote: Prov 13
24 He who spares his rod hates his son,
But he who loves him disciplines him promptly.

Prov 23
13 Do not withhold ndiscipline from a child;
oif you strike him with a rod, he will not die.
14 If you strike him with the rod,
you will psave his soul from Sheol.

Prov22
15 Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child;
The rod of correction will drive it far from him.

Prov 20

30 Blows that hurt cleanse away evil,
As do stripes the inner depths of the heart.[d]

Prov 29
15 vThe rod and reproof give wisdom,
but a child left to himself wbrings shame to his mother.

What Dirch quoted above, such treatment of children is commanded by Yahweh in his "word".

What drich quoted was a series of proverbs. Do you know the difference between a proverb, and command?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 16841 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1205 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 2474 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 11668 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2924 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Friggin' religious dudes, man - obsessed with policing the Vag. Figbash 1 722 June 7, 2019 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 9712 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 20988 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 5468 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 4867 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician