Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 25, 2024, 4:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dept. of Justice to announce full and equal recognition of same-sex marriages
Dept. of Justice to announce full and equal recognition of same-sex marriages
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/08...52270.html

Quote:WASHINGTON -- A new Department of Justice memo will instruct federal government lawyers to give same-sex marriages "full and equal recognition, to the greatest extent possible under the law," Attorney General Eric Holder plans to announce during a speech on Saturday.

The immediate effects of the memo include recognizing that couples in same-sex marriages have the right to decline to give testimony in a civil or criminal case that might violate their marital privilege; that same-sex couples can file for bankruptcy jointly, and that federal inmates in same-sex marriages can be visited by their spouses and receive all other benefits afforded to opposite-sex couples.

Another day, another victory for marriage equality.
RE: Dept. of Justice to announce full and equal recognition of same-sex marriages
The fundies will be shrieking about how the devil has won again.

Fuck 'em.
RE: Dept. of Justice to announce full and equal recognition of same-sex marriages
Yeah! Fuck the straights! Let us queers take over! Woooooooo!

Because duh... two queers getting married fucks up their own marriage. Duh.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(February 8, 2014 at 9:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The fundies will be shrieking about how the devil has won again.

That's just an additional benefit, Min.
This is excellent news!
Oh my god, where is my pot and popcorn. I want to be ready for the fundie backlash.
(February 8, 2014 at 9:26 pm)Ivy Wrote: Yeah! Fuck the straights! Let us queers take over! Woooooooo!

Can we fuck the queers too? Wink
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why so many marriages fail in the US neil 56 4675 January 8, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1656 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Aren't Judaism and Aryanism the same thing? Sweden83 63 4542 December 4, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: no one
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 3116 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 2221 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dems announce articles of impeachment against Trump Rev. Rye 16 2006 December 18, 2019 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 6200 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Crusaders and Jihadists: 2 faces of the same coin WinterHold 25 3676 July 26, 2019 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  If right wingers are inbred, are left wingers full of AIDS? Raue8ur 1 606 November 20, 2018 at 6:50 am
Last Post: no one
  Justice Kennedy retiring! polymath257 30 3951 June 29, 2018 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Mermaid