Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 12:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argument #1: Transitional Fossils
RE: Argument #1: Transitional Fossils
(April 21, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Chuck Wrote: Come on, all bible believing Christians known the earth is at the center of the universe, where can you fall off to from there?

Hell.
[Image: MissingLink3.gif]

How great if tiktaalik could bite him on the ass?
(April 21, 2014 at 3:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: How great if tiktaalik could bite him on the ass?

tiktaalik doesn't eat junk food.
(April 21, 2014 at 3:49 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Particularly disregard any sources that have anything resembling "By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record."

Strangely enough, I've found that a lot of creationist sites just use that exact line in their statement of faith, as if it was cribbed from some bullshit artist's handbook. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(April 21, 2014 at 3:56 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(April 21, 2014 at 3:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: How great if tiktaalik could bite him on the ass?

tiktaalik doesn't eat junk food.

Then tie a pork chop to his ass.
The fundamentalist's rejection of evolution is akin to a paradox of Zeno. You will never find enough transitional fossils because between any one fossil and another lies a potentially infinite number of transitional fossils could theoretically be found. Since you can never find one that didn't have another between it and one you already have, creationism is safe .. at least for the hard of thinking.
Rev, if you're interested in this subject, you might benefit from Don Prothero's Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why it Matters. You can pick up a used copy through Amazon for as little as $15.00. There are other good sources as well; all you have to do is look for them. But please spare us your AIG quote mining. Pond scum rates higher in these parts than Ken Ham and his fellow frauds.

There. You want to be taken seriously? You've just been given a huge, unmistakable hint of how to go about it. You have no further excuse.
Want me to point out the flaw in your first sentence? Big Grin
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 21, 2014 at 4:04 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Want me to point out the flaw in your first sentence? Big Grin

I know. I'm feeling charitable today. Big Grin
I will do him a favor and mention the Cambrian explosion. Lots of missing links there.

It's obvious that what actually happened is God over-poured his coffee beans and had a sudden burst of design ideas. But how do we explain hybrid zones? Why would God place two different species right next to eachother, and program them to mate with eachother when it would only produce infertile offspring?