Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 11:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argument #1: Transitional Fossils
RE: Argument #1: Transitional Fossils
(April 24, 2014 at 11:03 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I guess you guys were smarted then him since he just was an agnostic. Confused Fall

Intelligence has little to do with whether someone is an atheist, a theist, or an agnostic, you blithering fool. Being smart doesn't make you right, only being right makes you right, and shouldn't you be an agnostic if people so much smarter than you are? AND most of us are AGNOSTICS anyway, you cretin. How much do we have to dumb it down for you to get that we don't claim to know that no God or gods exist, which makes (most of) us AGNOSTICS, it's not BELIEVING any God or gods exist that makes us ATHEISTS, and there's no contradiction between being an agnostic atheist, or, for that matter, an agnostic theist.

I just don't have it in me to keep being impersonal about this. Congratulations on raising your level of idiocy to a point where I can't stand it anymore. I like to think I'm one of our more patient contributors, but I have my limits.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(April 24, 2014 at 11:02 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if you still don't know what quote mining is. Nobody expects you to come up with "cunning stunts" (stunning cunts?) actually all we expect is for you to understand some very basic and simple principles of logic.

I don't know Ken Ham, but I know what he says and he's obviously a fucking liar.

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:You are not being persecuted.

Honestly, though. He deserves to end up as lion poop.
(April 24, 2014 at 11:50 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: [Image: avatar_5678.jpg]

Part of the problem lies is what you guys see as a transitional fossil, I don't. That is why we are at a standstill and we need to go to Argument #1 but I am waiting for something.

What characteristics must a fossil have in order for you to consider it a transitional fossil? You've implied you're looking for specific things. What are they?

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Part of the problem lies is what you guys see as a transitional fossil, I don't. That is why we are at a standstill and we need to go to Argument #1 but I am waiting for something.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Sir Winston Churchill

The only thing worse than a fanatical idiot is one who is fanatical about being an idiot, or a christian fundamentalist, which is exactly the same thing..
(April 25, 2014 at 2:19 pm)rasetsu Wrote:

What characteristics must a fossil have in order for you to consider it a transitional fossil? You've implied you're looking for specific things. What are they?

He'll never say this, but secretly, the answer is "nothing that any fossil will ever have." Out loud he'll give us some nonsense remarkably similar to the crocoduck, if he answers at all. Mark my words.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(April 25, 2014 at 12:20 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I like to think I'm one of our more patient contributors
ROFLOL

[Image: grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png]
(April 25, 2014 at 5:46 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(April 25, 2014 at 12:20 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I like to think I'm one of our more patient contributors
ROFLOL

Maybe not, but I DO like to think it! Big Grin

(April 24, 2014 at 11:27 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I can accept that changes happen over time...from slime to scientist is undigestible

OK, I've cooled off. Rev, have you heard of the 'fallacy of personal incredulity'? Would you do us all a favor and look it up, please? If you do, at least you'll be aware of why it's irritating when you say this sort of thing over and over.
(April 25, 2014 at 5:46 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
ROFLOL

The only way to be more patient in the face of a creationist is to be dead.
(April 24, 2014 at 11:39 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: If I went to a local graveyard, dug up every ones bones, and lined the various bodies just so, I could create a convincing lineup showing evolution

It would be a great stunt to pull off, though wouldn't it? But someone would have to REALLY believe they could fool an expert with it, and no one REALLY thinks that, do they? No one believes it enough to try it with, say, an archaeological site, and send the photos of carefully arranged skeletons to a museum or university for an evaluation of the remarkable series of gradations in hominid evolution they've 'discovered'. You've never met anyone in your life with a skeleton that could be mistaken for one belonging to a Homo Erectus.

(April 25, 2014 at 5:47 am)Confused Ape Wrote: Evolution is no threat to anyone's faith in God and Jesus. This includes your own faith.

Maybe he perceives his own faith as so brittle that it can't take even one moment of seriously considering the science without crumbling like a cracker.

I've mentioned that I started off as a creationist. Finding out out how deliberately dishonest so-called 'men of God' were being was far worse than if I had found out they were honestly mistaken.