Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 5:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argument #2: Evolution Of Species
RE: Argument #2: Evolution Of Species
(May 5, 2014 at 8:00 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I have faith in God's Word and what He say is truth. Perhaps you never have seen a subatomic particle but you have faith that they are real. So you see, we both have faith.

This dude is hopeless.
(May 5, 2014 at 8:00 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(May 5, 2014 at 7:34 pm)Stimbo Wrote: How would you distinguish faith in something real from faith in the nonexistent?

I have faith in God's Word and what He say is truth. Perhaps you never have seen a subatomic particle but you have faith that they are real. So you see, we both have faith.

We can see and predict the effects of subatomic particles.

Not so deities.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(May 5, 2014 at 7:18 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(May 5, 2014 at 6:34 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: How did you get a red name?

Goddidit.

You guys are obviously making sport of me instead of addressing my argument.
(May 5, 2014 at 8:00 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(May 5, 2014 at 7:34 pm)Stimbo Wrote: How would you distinguish faith in something real from faith in the nonexistent?

I have faith in God's Word and what He say is truth. Perhaps you never have seen a subatomic particle but you have faith that they are real. So you see, we both have faith.

Wrong again.

http://io9.com/the-first-image-ever-of-a...-509684901
(May 5, 2014 at 7:26 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote:
(May 5, 2014 at 7:20 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Please refrain from using foul language..thanks. Whisper

Don't tell me what to do fuck face

Let's get along and show mutual respect mate.Group Hug
(May 5, 2014 at 8:04 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(May 5, 2014 at 7:18 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Goddidit.

You guys are obviously making sport of me instead of addressing my argument.

Wrong. You made no argument. You made a *claim*, backed by (woefully outdated) opinion. ...and even worse, you dishonestly quote mined the author.
(May 5, 2014 at 7:13 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(May 5, 2014 at 7:11 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Invite Mr. HEYWORD to the thread. If you evolution is changes that take place over time within species that I accept that.

No, My evolution is the continuous and on-going creation of new species from the very first species to have ever existed, in a world that has no god.

What you accept is irrelevent. "Mr" Heywood is a posturing moron. He only seems smart to you because you are, incredible as it may seem, really even dumber than he.

(May 5, 2014 at 7:13 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I don't understand, I got that from Ben Stein's documentary. Why can't I refer to a documentary? How is that breaking the rules?

Because Ben is a lying moron whose purpose is not to report science, but to discredit science. Not for the correctness of science, but for what he imagined to be the negative effects of science independent of whether scientific discovery is valid or not.

Why do you believe everyone who believes in God is an imbecilic moron? Is it possible, that someone who believes in no god is not intelligent? Doh
(May 5, 2014 at 8:08 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Why do you believe everyone who believes in God is an imbecilic moron?

Intelligent theists do exist; however, based on your interaction here you cannot be counted among them.
(May 5, 2014 at 7:38 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: God loves me even if you think I am simple minded. God loves you too even though your pride may getting in the way of you repenting. Anyways, God shows His creative work to us everyday. He did a great job.

What does any of this have to do with "Evolution of the Species"?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 5, 2014 at 8:08 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(May 5, 2014 at 7:13 pm)Chuck Wrote: No, My evolution is the continuous and on-going creation of new species from the very first species to have ever existed, in a world that has no god.

What you accept is irrelevent. "Mr" Heywood is a posturing moron. He only seems smart to you because you are, incredible as it may seem, really even dumber than he.

Because Ben is a lying moron whose purpose is not to report science, but to discredit science. Not for the correctness of science, but for what he imagined to be the negative effects of science independent of whether scientific discovery is valid or not.

Why do you believe everyone who believes in God is an imbecilic moron? Is it possible, that someone who believes in no god is not intelligent? Doh

I don't think everyone who believs in a deity is a moron.

I will be honest and say I think people who promote creations, in particular YECS, and those who follow Ken Ham, Ray Comfort, and their ilk are ignorant, dense, uneducated, and/or utterly dishonest.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your stance on bringing back extinct species? Fake Messiah 80 3491 March 12, 2024 at 8:50 am
Last Post: brewer
  New human species discovered in the Phillipines downbeatplumb 5 706 April 13, 2019 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bumblebee officially added to endangered species list Foxaèr 13 1496 July 3, 2018 at 3:06 pm
  Without rape, most animal species would go extinct Alexmahone 34 4691 May 25, 2018 at 11:25 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Strange troglodyte species found in Turkmenistan cave Foxaèr 4 900 September 26, 2017 at 7:18 am
  New Species Found in Oregon brewer 31 6533 February 11, 2016 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Do you think we could/will ever have two dominant[prime] species? Heat 11 3435 November 21, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Remains of new human species found ignoramus 32 6838 September 10, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Is there enough time for SPECIATION for million species drkfuture 11 6212 July 30, 2015 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Invasive Species IATIA 11 2805 July 17, 2015 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: rado84