Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Republicunts
RE: Damned Republicunts
Get a history book, go back to the section on the 17th century and you'll see.

Or....look at the Middle East today.

As Hitchens said: Religion poisons everything.

Um........ just "wow."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/27/lo...y-android/

Quote:The loser in a recent Republican primary is claiming that his opponent, Oklahoma Representative Frank Lucas, is unqualified for office because he has been replaced by a robot.

Timothy Ray Murray posted a press release — addressed to “News Person” — in which he demanded the Oklahoma Board of Elections shift votes from Rep. Lucas to him on account of the fact that “it is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed [sic] by a look alike.”
(June 27, 2014 at 9:18 pm)blackout94 Wrote: Can I ask, as an european, why does religion have such a great impact on the american society?
Something I've wondered myself. Our constitution establishes separation of Church and State and specifies "no religious test shall be required to hold office". So how did we become such an anomaly among developed nations?

One theory I have is that state churches in Europe, with government support, became fat and lazy and lacked any drive to boost their popular appeal. In America, a church must appeal to the general public or die. Thus, the boring churches died off while the ones with lots of flair and entertainment flourished. Go to a mega-church sometime and you'll hear rock music, see pageantry and witness marketing genius. This kind of popular appeal quickly translates into money and political influence.

So in Europe, you may resent having any of your tax money going to support a church that you don't believe in but just think of it as an inoculation against religious insanity. Or perhaps it's a fee to keep the beast drugged and kept in its gilded cage.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Quote:The loser in a recent Republican primary is claiming that his opponent, Oklahoma Representative Frank Lucas, is unqualified for office because he has been replaced by a robot.
Lucas should reply "yes, but I'm still the better choice, seeing as my opponent has been replaced by an asshole."

Then again, if his reply is "*click* *whirrrrr* I don't know what my *click* opponent is referring to," we're all fucked.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 27, 2014 at 4:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Episode 4:

More "religious liberty" shit. A/K/A "The Kill Your Kids For Fucking Jesus Bill."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/27/id...ng-deaths/

Quote:Republican legislators in Idaho struck down a proposed law aimed at preventing the deaths of children whose parents eschew medical treatment in favor of prayer.

Quote:Democratic state Rep. John Gannon proposed the measure after the deaths of several children whose parents attend Followers of Christ churches in the state. Officials estimate that some 144 children are buried in a Followers of Christ cemetery overlooking the Snake River.

Republicans like Rep. Christy Perry fought Gannon’s bill on the grounds that forcing Followers of Christ parents to take their sick and injured children to the doctor would infringe upon their religious liberty.

“This is about religious beliefs, the belief God is in charge of whether they live, and God is in charge of whether they die,” Perry said earlier this year. “This is about where they go for eternity.”

What's wrong with this people? I thought the US was a secular not a THEOCRATIC state. Damn it america
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

You were misled.

Now here, with Episode #47 is Fucknut Superstar Rick Santorum. I have no doubt he truly believes this. What his kind call "the good old days."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/29/ri...ould-vote/

Quote:Rick Santorum: Founding fathers had right idea limiting those who could vote

Quote:At the time of the first U.S. Elections, only white men with property could vote.
(June 29, 2014 at 10:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Now here, with Episode #47 is Fucknut Superstar Rick Santorum. I have no doubt he truly believes this. What his kind call "the good old days."

Quote:Rick Santorum: Founding fathers had right idea limiting those who could vote

Quote:At the time of the first U.S. Elections, only white men with property could vote.

Our founders were people of the time, however much we may deify them. Democracy evolves as our judgment of social justice issues improves. They were escaping royalty, aristocracy and sectarian oppression and doing well to set the stage for the future as they did. Our founders could be excused for not being so ahead of their time as to fully comprehend our modern understanding of democracy, equality and fairness.

Rick Santorum has no such excuse.

I've posted before that I believe The American Revolution is an ongoing struggle. Abolition, suffrage and desegregation were all battles in this larger war. The so-called "Tea Party" is ironically a bit more like the reactionary Tories (or, more aptly, Confederates) clinging to older, outdated and unjust ways.
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
Quote:Rick Santorum has no such excuse.

Yes he does.

He's a fucking idiot.
Perhaps you see why I put secular in airquotes in our other thread Blackout. lol. We are a secular nation, but we have alot of dominionist politicians who enjoy a wide support base. They write their fairies into our policies from -within- the "secular" state.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 29, 2014 at 11:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Rick Santorum has no such excuse.

Yes he does.

He's a fucking idiot.

OK, that I'll grant. He's excused on the grounds of idiocy.
Episode #48: Romney Redux.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/03/co...body-else/

Quote:A Republican gubernatorial candidate in Colorado has drawn criticism for remarks reminiscent of Mitt Romney’s infamous “47 percent” speech, the Denver Post reported.

“I see something that frankly doesn’t surprise me, having been on [the House] Ways and Means Committee: 47 percent of all Americans pay no federal income tax,” former Rep. Bob Beauprez (R-CO) said a 2010 speech to the Denver Rotary Club. “I’m guessing that most of you in this room are not in that 47 percent, God bless you. But what that tells me is that we’ve got almost half the population perfectly happy that somebody else is paying the bill, and most of that half is you all.”

Yep...its the "democrats" fault that crooked corporate cocksuckers don't pay their workers enough for them to even owe taxes. And the nazi wing of the party eats this shit up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official "Damned Trump" Thread Silver 4318 406296 December 8, 2022 at 5:45 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 6107 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 3139 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 32143 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are There Any Republicunts Who Aren't Crooks? Minimalist 19 2361 October 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What Do Republicunts Talk About Behind Closed Doors? Minimalist 3 590 August 9, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 862 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This is Why Republicunts Have To Go Minimalist 29 6330 April 22, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Republicunts Go Off The Deep End Minimalist 5 1459 March 24, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  SCOTUS Invites Republicunts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 11 2427 February 6, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda