Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 11:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Examples of the atrocities caused by non Muslims
RE: Examples of the atrocities caused by non Muslims
Well, now we're on to a different claim, aren't we? We've shriveled up a few inches. That's disappointing.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 19, 2014 at 2:37 am)Polaris Wrote: Well you are right. It is hard to qualify whether the people doing the killing were believers or not since they did exist in societies that did not respect the right to worship, but you can't be certain they didn't retain their religious beliefs.

It's hard to quantify but not hard at all to make an educated guess. Countries like Russia and Germany and China and Cambodia were overwhelmingly populated by superstitious believers before these 20th century regimes took power. No doubt that some of them took their new leaders' cult worship to heart and gave up their religions, but the various sects of Christianity definitely didn't vanish, and neither did most of the believers. In the USSR and Nazi Germany, Christians suffered limited repression at best, and Christianity is alive and well in both modern descendant nations, as it always was.

Quote:But the people who had ordered them to kill were documented as being non-believers.

And the people who gleefully carried out those orders were, with no legitimate doubt, mostly religious believers in every single instance. People who are easily swayed by one sort of mind control can be easily swayed by any, and the personality cults of these regimes were basically religions of their own, with their own gods and dogmas and long lists of people who need murdering for a lack of purity.
(July 18, 2014 at 2:31 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: If it makes you feel any better, there are plenty of us who waste few opportunities to remind Christians of the countless crimes and atrocities followers of that religion have, and continue to, commit.

Don't waste, rather than "act blind" because it's out of fashion now to blame christians.

The new fashion is to blame muslims for everything. Mainstream media has that effect on stereotypes.

Quote:I don't think ISIS can join that boat, because I don't believe for a second that Islam is an inconsequential and incidental element in this group and its behavior.

mmm, even AL-Qaeda said they're not following Islam probably. They take an islamic label and twist it to their needs whenever they want to.
I can disprove to you most of their actions from the Quran itself.

Faith No More

Just like communists who used atheism as a spear's head to oppress religious people & kill them too.

The difference between me & you is :

I don't blame lenin.
I blame Stalin.

Luckie

I'm so sorry for that I forgot to hide the explicitly violent content ; I wrote the topic quickly :/ .

Tonus

Quote:Indeed. Although I assume that the reason the atrocities committed by Muslims and/or in the name of Islam are listed is to show that religion doesn't seem capable of preventing the very worst human impulses. Sometimes it seems as if the more devout one becomes, the more likely that they'll find a way to use their religion as a justification for some truly horrifying acts. It's possible that those examples are being used as a response to the occasional claim that those who do not believe in god lack a moral anchor and are capable of the worst acts imaginable.

Vise versa ; believe me.

Ask these violent muslims : did they learn islam by themselves , or did an old scholar with a huge beard poured lies into their heads ?
I studied the Quran by myself, asked god alone to guide me, and now I know the truth that even hurting animals is a terrible terrible sin.

Those "devoted people" you talk about are not devoted to god ; they are devoted to "CULTS" and "SECTS" which are mainly led by a big beard fella who plays the prophet's role & pour all kind of weird stuff without even quoting probably from the Quran.

Didn't you notice that mainly, a bearded guy sitting in a mosque would throw a "fatwa", then violence kicks in ?
it's always the sects. always the cults.

Not the Quran.

Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬

Quote:I don't see Allah doing anything about these problems.
It's just a bit odd that the longer a religion persists, the less intervening the god does. Also funny how they've gone full silent since the advent of reliable recording technology.

Life is a test, remember ?
Humans aren't children, remember ?

And yet the Quran exists to fix our lives. Before it was jesus and the bible, moses and the tulmud, noah, abraham...etc, peace be upon them all. So god did intervene. But he wouldn't force you would he ? he'll see what you do. and then judge you.

He'll let you practice whatever you wanna practice. Then he'll show you what your faith has caused to the environment & people around you. Judgement day they call it.

Esquilax

Why don't we remove nationalism along with it ? Thinking
Obviously it caused WW1 & WW2,people in millions attacking other people in millions too for a peace of flag..

Thumpalumpacus

Some ?
Non muslims demolished two cities from the face of earth using atomic weapons, and waged two world wars that crippled the whole world.

Any weapon of mass destruction nowadays was invented by non muslims, every chemical weapon was invented and used by non muslims.

"some"..indeed.

Polaris

I honestly believe all humans are capable of these crimes ; believers can indeed repel & defy their believes at any moment, and commit terrible stuff.
(July 19, 2014 at 5:21 pm)AtlasS Wrote: Those "devoted people" you talk about are not devoted to god ; they are devoted to "CULTS" and "SECTS" which are mainly led by a big beard fella who plays the prophet's role & pour all kind of weird stuff without even quoting probably from the Quran.
-and if those people didn't believe that there was some djinn relaying information through the bearded asshat (or a magic book)..what then? They are devoted to a different idea of a god - but since their idea and your idea are on precisely equal footing....you have no room to tell them that they;re wrong - and you're right. They draw their authority from the same place that you do, which is nowhere, through whatever middleman they choose - be it book or neckbeard.

Who do you think wrote the quran anyway? Bet he had a beard...huh? Pot, meet kettle.

(I'd like to see you "repel or defy your beliefs at any moment" btw - that's just nonsense, and no one has to do any such thing to do something horrible)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
And there's the No True Scotsman fallacy right on schedule....
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 17, 2014 at 1:39 pm)AtlasS Wrote: <snip>
1) German Children raped and killed in WW2 by red army liberators
http://www.bestgore.com/murder/photos-ge...tors-jews/

2) American non muslim soldiers blowing up a dog in Iraq, not minding civilians who might get blown up
http://www.bestgore.com/murder/american-...-dog-iraq/

3) Drug gangs behead people in Mexico - no muslims are there-
http://www.bestgore.com/beheading/chains...ed-mexico/

4) Mexican gang war executions
http://www.bestgore.com/latin-american-w...ion-video/

5) Serial killers -not muslims- in the states, raping and killing FEMALE VICTIMS ONLY
http://www.bestgore.com/murder/operation...harles-ng/

The list is bigger than this. I only used one website.

There are other disgusting atrocities, in millions, all committed by non Muslims.
But the media always keep the scope on Muslims.

So fair.

Thanks for reading.

British non Muslim terrorists invent chemical weapons and distribute them to their non Muslim american allies to use against Vietnamese non Muslim civilians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_orange

The crimes that you cite wasn't did in the name of a religion. I would like to know if Christians or another religious group killed more than 20 000 people in the world since 911.
You can't compare religious and non-religous violence.
[Image: TROP.jpg]

The goal was to use agent orange to contaminate the field to win the war.
Read these lines from an offical website of U.S Army

"In the 1970's some Veterans became concerned that exposure to Agent Orange caused health problems. One of the chemicals in Agent Orange contained minute traces of TCDD (dioxin), which caused a variety of illnesses in laboratory animals. More recent studies have suggested that the chemical may be related to a number of cancers and other health problems."

Explain me why the British Milltary Forces would take the risk to wound their allie and Heads of US millitary force would take this risk ?

Conclusion : They believed that it was not dangerous for humans.
It's an agricultural defoliant (we use a similar confection now on cotton). The idea was that since the opposition was hiding in the jungle - getting rid of the jungle might be prudent. Turned out to be a pretty shitty idea, lol.

Now, I'm sure that the folks who blow themselves up on city streets are just trying to do away with the pavement. Jerkoff
(July 19, 2014 at 5:21 pm)AtlasS Wrote: Life is a test, remember ?

No.

Quote:Humans aren't children, remember ?

Compared to the creator of the universe, yes, we absolutely would be children, and that's being generous to us.

Quote:And yet the Quran exists to fix our lives.

Well, after 1,400 years, it should get around to doing that some day.

Quote: Before it was jesus and the bible, moses and the tulmud, noah, abraham...etc, peace be upon them all. So god did intervene. But he wouldn't force you would he ? he'll see what you do. and then judge you.

He'll let you practice whatever you wanna practice. Then he'll show you what your faith has caused to the environment & people around you. Judgement day they call it.

And that's so, so stupid. If you're not going to take the opportunity to teach a person, first-hand and directly, how to do something, judging them for doing it wrong is the epitome of injustice.

And, to be perfectly honest, if there was a god capable of anything, there would definitely be times I wouldn't mind having my 'free will' abrogated in the interest of saving me from some disaster (especially the multitudes of disasters which aren't caused by anybody and are not possible to reliably avoid or survive even with the most strenuous preparations).

I don't need a god to suggest behavioral improvements. A peek at a self-help section of a bookstore proves that any idiot can write a book on how to behave, and even the worst of them are often better than what you find in the holy books. I would need a god to do things nobody but a god is capable of doing. If your god can't do these things, or won't, then there is no point in that god being there, and giving it my prayers is only wasting my breath.
Here's the biggest problem I can see with this thread:

There will always be good people doing good things. There will always be bad people doing bad things. Getting good people to do bad things, that takes religion.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(July 17, 2014 at 2:23 pm)AtlasS Wrote: Hello Big Grin
I think I remember you, what I totally like about you is your pure honesty in displaying your hatred towards Islam & me.

You hate my guts, so I'm sorry that I exist.

I'm in awe of your mastery of the language of passive agressive.

(July 17, 2014 at 2:26 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Okay you claim that this thinking cab lead to islamophobia. I challenge you to something, name one country with a large Muslim population where muslims get along well with other large populations in the same country. Modern examples.

That's awfully specific. You rule out non-modern examples, and countries with a large Muslim population with small nonMuslim populations. Are you Texas Sharpshooting?
Not really. I'm looking for a example of modern Islam coexisting with another culture
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3187 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1963 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Photo The atrocities of religiosity warrant our finest. Logic is not it Ghetto Sheldon 86 5690 October 5, 2021 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Is it rational for, say, Muslims to not celebrate Christmas? Duty 26 2439 January 17, 2021 at 12:05 am
Last Post: xalvador88
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2925 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  More than half of the Uk say they are non-religious downbeatplumb 9 2908 September 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Muslims are using this NASA video as proof that islam is true and that allah exists LetThereBeNoGod 10 4028 February 16, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
Exclamation new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked") ProgrammingGodJordan 142 15503 January 2, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  A non-aggressive religion? rado84 24 4801 November 28, 2016 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A Non-Religious Person's Meaning in Life and Death AFTT47 17 5099 January 12, 2016 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Whateverist