Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 4:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Abortion not allowed
RE: Abortion not allowed
Okay they are different things but destroying a festus prevents the baby which in my view is still murder.

It has actually been 31 pages.

Carm, I think you should convert to Jainism
A condom prevents a fetus which prevents a baby, are condoms murder? What about the multitude of fertilized eggs that simply naturally don't implant? Is nature a murderer? Or is that your God's doing?

The whole 'potentiality of a person' trope is such crap.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Why should I convert?

No what really annoys me is when fetuses are aborted at 24 weeks old, at this age a baby can survive being born, it is therefore alive.

Bacteria is alive :p
(October 9, 2014 at 4:13 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: Is there anything wrong with being a baby?
Were the babies harming anyone else?
Is there any reason to kill babies for being babies?

The answer of all these is no. Therefore abortion is wrong and should be stopped

You really don't get it do you? What constitutes as murder is totally defined by the law. Whether it is wrong or right is a different story all together.

Right, lets answer these stupid parody questions.
No there is nothing wrong with being a foetus
In some cases yes, the foetus does harm the mother
Yes there is a reason to kill foetuses for being foetuses, because the mother doesn't want it in her body.

It's amazing how (in your opinion) a woman should lose all bodily rights as soon as she becomes pregnant.

It comes down to the lesser of two evils. And I believe that the termination of a pregnancy is more moral than the violation of bodily rights.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(October 9, 2014 at 4:23 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: Why should I convert?

No what really annoys me is when fetuses are aborted at 24 weeks old, at this age a baby can survive being born, it is therefore alive.

Ahhh, so you're okay with abortions before viability?
- Thomas Jefferson
No, after conception I don't think humans should stop the process.

But we've established that until a certain point the fetus isn't alive (as much as you like to repeat otherwise, it's just wrong). What obligates a woman to put the existence of a blastocyst above her own rights of bodily autonomy? Or more accurately, what justification are you claiming for removing her rights of bodily autonomy (even in cases of rape, according to you)?
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 9, 2014 at 4:29 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: No, after conception I don't think humans should stop the process.

You can think that all you like, but you haven't supported that opinion at all with a non-special pleading justification. All you do is repeatedly assert your opinion as though simply saying something over and over counts as an argument.

You haven't even addressed the contention that a fetus has no life before a certain point and is therefore not a person, other than to say that it can become a person... which is irrelevant, as demonstrated on this very page of the thread. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If Abortion Becomes Illegal onlinebiker 36 2933 May 8, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1421 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Abortion Stats - Something doesn't add up. Minimalist 15 1524 November 23, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Argentina steps closer to legalising abortion pocaracas 0 376 June 14, 2018 at 9:59 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant The Industrial Atheist 164 26093 May 20, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  U2 chooses legal abortion over Christianity Foxaèr 11 1692 May 5, 2018 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  So Republicunts Are Only Against Abortion For Other People Minimalist 5 1286 April 13, 2018 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 26219 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Adoption Not Abortion Crowd Should Take Notice Minimalist 46 4243 February 23, 2018 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Texas: you must have a funeral for your abortion Foxaèr 25 7655 June 14, 2017 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye