Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 6:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impeach Obama
RE: Impeach Obama
(November 16, 2014 at 10:36 pm)Heywood Wrote: I'm critical of both parties.

Other than your support for UGI, I can't think of a single instance of you being critical of conservatives, to the point where your support of that concept strikes me as completely bizarre and contradictory to everything else I've ever seen you say.

Now, maybe I missed every single instance of it, somehow. I have been scarce for several weeks. Maybe you aren't paying complete lip service to the idea of impartiality because you think it makes you look better to pretend to be critical of both. But, of course, we all know better.
(November 16, 2014 at 11:00 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: You, it would seem.

Thank you for bringing up Thomas and Hill's charges of sexual harassment. Once again, the GOP outrage machine flips back and forth shamelessly. They had no problem with sexual harassment when it was their boy. It was only when it was a Democrat charged with sexual harassment that suddenly people like you started using words like, how did you put it, "womanizing scumbag"?

The left was hardly lock step behind Anita Hill. I seem to remember Democrats were actually divided on the issue of Thomas' nomination. But let that go. Supreme Court nominees are held to a higher standard of behavior during their nomination.

The circumstance behind Thomas and Clinton are decidedly different. For instance, Thomas only had one accuser, while Clinton was accused by Paula Jones of sexual harassment. Kathleen Willey accused Clinton of groping her in a hallway. Juanita Broaddrick accused Clinton of rape.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juanita_Broaddrick

Clinton also had affairs with Gennifer Flowers, Monica Lewinsky, and Elizabeth Gracen(Clinton denied this one....but how much is his denial worth?).

The claim that Clinton is a lying, womanizing, sleezebag has a lot more substance to it than does a similar claim against Thomas. If Thomas had been accused by multiple women in the way Clinton had....Thomas would have not survived the nomination process. He would have ended up just like Herman Cain who was doing alright after the first accusation of sexual misconduct....but whose support from the right crumbled when multiple accusations came to light. The right isn't as forgiving toward sexual predators as is the left.

(November 17, 2014 at 2:34 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: Other than your support for UGI, I can't think of a single instance of you being critical of conservatives, to the point where your support of that concept strikes me as completely bizarre and contradictory to everything else I've ever seen you say.

Now, maybe I missed every single instance of it, somehow. I have been scarce for several weeks. Maybe you aren't paying complete lip service to the idea of impartiality because you think it makes you look better to pretend to be critical of both. But, of course, we all know better.

You do not see me defending the republicans....not like you, DP, Brian37, Parker, and the rest defend the democrats. The reason it looks like I don't attack the republicans is because there aren't that many people of this forum defending the republicans. Attacking republicans in this forum amounts to circlejerking. I'm not interested in circlejerkiing.
(November 17, 2014 at 6:03 pm)Heywood Wrote: The right isn't as forgiving toward sexual predators as is the left.

... unless they have a wide stance, or the intern's a male. At that point, it's a Democrat set-up.

Blinders. Look it up.

(November 17, 2014 at 7:38 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote:
(November 17, 2014 at 6:03 pm)Heywood Wrote: The right isn't as forgiving toward sexual predators as is the left.

... unless they have a wide stance, or the intern's a male. At that point, it's a Democrat set-up.

Blinders. Look it up.

The democrats excuse Clinton's sexual predations as a republican setup. They still do to this day. Someone in this very thread claimed Paula Jones lawsuit was politically motivated. Nobody today defends Mark Foley. Mark Foley is a lying, childmolesting, sleezebag.

The left is more forgiving of sexual predation by leaders on their side then the right. The left has a "what ever it takes" attitude....which is why they purposely tried to deceive the American public to get their health care bill passed.
(November 17, 2014 at 6:03 pm)Heywood Wrote: Herman Cain who was doing alright after the first accusation of sexual misconduct....but whose support from the right crumbled when multiple accusations came to light.
...or when he turned out to be a drooling idiot.

Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
[quote='DeistPaladin' pid='798382' dateline='1416276076']
Hermain Cain was a pitch man trying to sell you a crappy product....but he had the support of many on the right wing....up until multiple allegation of sexual misconduct came to light. Then the right abandoned him. Clinton on the other hand was defended by his supporters...vigorously....because the left really doesn't care. Its not just the corrupt leaders that don't care.....its the rank and file. I was talking to my liberal friend last night about Gruber....and he defended him saying "what ever it takes".
(November 17, 2014 at 10:14 pm)Heywood Wrote: Hermain Cain was a pitch man trying to sell you a crappy product....but he had the support of many on the right wing....up until multiple allegation of sexual misconduct came to light. Then the right abandoned him.

Funny. I remember him having his moment as the star of the party until he opened his mouth and everything he had to say about anything political turned out to be either stupid or incoherent. His supporters must have realized how comically unelectable he was, even by GOP standards (at least Sarah Palin could perform well with a teleprompter).
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
(November 17, 2014 at 10:46 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Funny. I remember him having his moment as the star of the party until he opened his mouth and everything he had to say about anything political turned out to be either stupid or incoherent. His supporters must have realized how comically unelectable he was, even by GOP standards (at least Sarah Palin could perform well with a teleprompter).

I've seen Obama and Hilliary say some pretty stupid stuff too. Its called a gaffe. I can take clips of gaffes and say "see.....Hilliary is an idiot....look what she said". In your clip Hermain Cain misspoke, which caused some confusion....but it was also very clear what his position on abortion in case of rape is....his position is the woman should not be entitled to an abortion.

Maher likes to demonize people who don't largely agree with him which is why I don't generally watch him.
(November 17, 2014 at 11:21 pm)Heywood Wrote: I've seen Obama and Hilliary say some pretty stupid stuff too. Its called a gaffe. I can take clips of gaffes and say "see.....Hilliary is an idiot....look what she said". In your clip Hermain Cain misspoke, which caused some confusion....but it was also very clear what his position on abortion in case of rape is....his position is the woman should not be entitled to an abortion.

Maher likes to demonize people who don't largely agree with him which is why I don't generally watch him.

Dude, Cain was a drooling moron at nearly every time he spoke on any subject. He made Sarah Palin look like a member of Mensa. The right was psyched about him to go up against Obama, as in "we have a black candidate too" but he was a walking gaffe machine. That's why they abandoned him. They had no choice. He was laughably unelectable, even with bots like you in the Republican Party.
(November 17, 2014 at 9:09 pm)Heywood Wrote: Someone in this very thread claimed Paula Jones lawsuit was politically motivated.

Did you read the link about the backers of that suit, which I posted?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1614 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 2133 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 2120 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 625 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 11184 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 2144 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  One Reason Trump is Intent on Reversing Everything Obama Did Rhondazvous 9 1447 November 6, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Impeach Donald Trump ads now in SF. Jehanne 16 2398 September 26, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 15959 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  My favorite phrase: What if Obama had done this? NuclearEnergy 9 3313 June 21, 2017 at 12:44 am
Last Post: vorlon13