Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 6:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1)
(November 24, 2014 at 7:18 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Bullshit. Tacitus said that "Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at that hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilate."

Do you see what he said? He said that "Christus suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilate"[size=large]

He is not stating this as if it was just a freakin' belief held by the Christians, he is saying it as if it actually happened, because it did.

And his source was what? Tacitus wasn't born until decades after the event in question - he couldn't have had personal knowledge of the events. So how did he know?
(November 24, 2014 at 7:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: None the sources mentioned (except the controversial Josephus passage) have anything at all to say about the Resurrection, which I thought was the point of the OP - certainly of the title.

Another person that seems to lack reading comprehension...It clearly says (Part 1), not to mention the fact that I clearly stated in the beginning of the post "First things first, we have to establish whether this Jesus guy existed in the first place".

Whewww weeeee. Don't worry, I am here to keep you guys on the straight and narrow. It is a tough job, but somebody got to do it Cool Shades
(November 24, 2014 at 7:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(November 24, 2014 at 7:18 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Bullshit. Tacitus said that "Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at that hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilate."

Do you see what he said? He said that "Christus suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilate"[size=large]

He is not stating this as if it was just a freakin' belief held by the Christians, he is saying it as if it actually happened, because it did.

And his source was what? Tacitus wasn't born until decades after the event in question - he couldn't have had personal knowledge of the events. So how did he know?
He wasn't reporting as fact or fiction here Tacitus is unbaisedly reporting what he was told by Christians.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(November 24, 2014 at 7:28 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: "First things first, we have to establish whether this Jesus guy existed in the first place". [/b]
On which point you have utterly failed to deliver. All we're left with is "hey, a bunch of people totally believe that he did"

-yeah....no shit. Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 24, 2014 at 7:28 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 24, 2014 at 7:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: None the sources mentioned (except the controversial Josephus passage) have anything at all to say about the Resurrection, which I thought was the point of the OP - certainly of the title.

Another person that seems to lack reading comprehension...It clearly says (Part 1), not to mention the fact that I clearly stated in the beginning of the post "First things first, we have to establish whether this Jesus guy existed in the first place".

Yep, and you're doing a bang-up job of it.
Fool.

Quote:Jesus was born around the time of either Herod the Great's death (4 acE) or the Roman annexation of Judea (6 CE), then preached in Galilee and was crucified under Pontius Pilate (26-36 CE) during the reign of Emperor Tiberius (14-37 CE). Right? Well, we're not really sure. Because Christians weren't really sure. Some Christians bel ieved Jesus died during the reign of Emperor Claudius (41-54 cE). Others believed he was executed by a Herod, not Pilate. And still others were certain he was born and died in the reign of King Alexander Jannaeus (103-76 BeE). That's right. Some Christians believed Jesus had lived and died a hundred years earlier than our Gospels claim.

Carrier pg. 281

You have no idea when your bullshit story was codified. Your ignorance is typical of the breed so I can't blame you. In fact, after listening to your prattle the best for you is to take your bible and stick it and your head up your ass. You are a hopeless case.

P.S. Tacitus is a forgery....and he said "Chrestianos" not "Christianos."

[Image: Highlight_of_MII.png]
(November 24, 2014 at 7:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:WLC is a good rhetorician, and nothing more.

Craig would not know a fact if it bit him in the ass.

Here he says:

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/independe...empty-tomb

Quote:The burial account is part of Mark's source material for the story of Jesus' Passion. This is a very early source which is probably based on eyewitness testimony and dates to within several years of Jesus' crucifixion.

What we have here is not a fact. It is jesus freak wishful thinking. If that is an example of Craig's debate with Carrier then Carrier...who deals in facts....cleaned the fucking floor with this moron.
Oh Minnie what Craig says means nothing to this guy. Craig has very openly spoke out in favor of science and called yec embarrassing.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Actually... Jesus never died... his brother did.
He went on a trip to Japan. It's true, the japanese even made a plaque, so it must be true!
[Image: japanese-jesus.jpg]
(November 24, 2014 at 7:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: And his source was what? Tacitus wasn't born until decades after the event in question - he couldn't have had personal knowledge of the events. So how did he know?

Well, then there shouldn't be a "history" subject in our school system, since every history teacher was born centuries after Columbus, the famous wars, and any other event in history.

And if you say "well, they are using contemporary sources"...well, the same could be said about Tacitus.
(November 24, 2014 at 7:29 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(November 24, 2014 at 7:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: And his source was what? Tacitus wasn't born until decades after the event in question - he couldn't have had personal knowledge of the events. So how did he know?
He wasn't reporting as fact or fiction here Tacitus is unbaisedly reporting what he was told by Christians.

That's kind of my point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 2355 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4644 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8100 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3247 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3445 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1486 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3555 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2863 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16071 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2063 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda