Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 1:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you thinking about?
RE: What are you thinking about?
I'm thinking it's been a long time since I posted here and no one remembers me. But hey how's it going.
@oneearsteve
(November 28, 2014 at 5:01 pm)Shaggy Wrote: I'm thinking it's been a long time since I posted here and no one remembers me. But hey how's it going.

You were gone?
Noting that the past two days I've been more active on the forum, and wondering if this signals a change from the depression which has gripped me most of this year. Is this the result of starting on an anti-depressant? I hope so, because if it isn't, then I can't explain why I'm doing better, and then I can't repeat it when depression hits again.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I haven't taken anti-depressants for a couple of years now so I'm doing well.
But I remember that feeling when the depression first starts to dissolve and you keep looking at yourself from outside and wondering who this new calm person is.
I didn't feel immediately happy, just neutral.
Which is a lot better than sad.
Nowadays I just watch for signs of depression coming back like excessive anger and/or irrationality.
Anyway, good news rasetsu, I hope it keeps getting better and better for you.
(November 28, 2014 at 5:43 pm)rasetsu Wrote: Noting that the past two days I've been more active on the forum, and wondering if this signals a change from the depression which has gripped me most of this year. Is this the result of starting on an anti-depressant? I hope so, because if it isn't, then I can't explain why I'm doing better, and then I can't repeat it when depression hits again.

I'm on anti depressants for the last three years. If my depression is anything to go by, the worst thing is the tiredness and unwillingness to do anything at all. These days I'm most content when left alone, which in itself is a sad thing.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 28, 2014 at 5:43 pm)rasetsu Wrote: Noting that the past two days I've been more active on the forum, and wondering if this signals a change from the depression which has gripped me most of this year. Is this the result of starting on an anti-depressant? I hope so, because if it isn't, then I can't explain why I'm doing better, and then I can't repeat it when depression hits again.

I find it helpful to not over think it. If what you're doing is working - keep at it as long as it does. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
Apples

I've never taken anything but St. John's Wort, so I don't know your situation. For me, I find that I'm most socially active when I'm either happy enough or sad enough. If I'm in the middle, I kind of like my privacy.

In any case, very good to see you around.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Dating. Broke up with GF a while back. I will be in the states permanently on the 19th of Jan.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I am thinking about how happy I am to have finally gotten my level two wings in the game I play and that I have beer to drink, but I am upset that my net is misbehaving as it usually does.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone thinking of taking part in Movember? Cod 29 2480 October 29, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Thinking About Trying Online Dating Again - Talk Me Out of It Seraphina 62 6426 July 29, 2016 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Whats going on with Thinking Atheist forum? Brian37 23 4491 July 1, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  British people - Thinking about emigrating... Dystopia 26 4184 August 20, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Thinking of making a mafia game dyresand 1 719 July 15, 2015 at 10:57 am
Last Post: dyresand
  [rant] Gave church 5 months to answer my questions. What was I thinking? IanHulett 3 1526 May 10, 2015 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  After the France incident : a Muslim -me- just thinking.. WinterHold 35 5845 January 15, 2015 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Chas
  Thinking of College....In Germany Lemonvariable72 10 2791 October 11, 2014 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  At any given time, I am thinking about sex! My imaginary friend is GOD 38 6834 September 20, 2014 at 3:31 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  [split] Critical Thinking Skills jstrodel 310 87980 April 3, 2013 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Mystic