Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas sucks
RE: Christmas sucks
Here's a christmas tree we can all get behind

http://www.loltexts.org/pictures/5526312665.jpg

(If you spit on it, I think I can take it)
When people give me gifts, I get over the sting of it. Big Grin

Nah, I enjoy Christmas. I'm not one to spend the entire month of December in a mall, shopping til I'm broke. I do like to bake gifts for family and friends, and they seem to appreciate the effort. Not celebrating the religious aspect of it, helps me to see the beauty of the season in a whole different light.
I love it, and always have. My birthday is right there with it and new years, so it's like one really long party, kinda.
Me too. Always loved Christmas. Guess I just grew up in an environment where it was almost always a happy occasion.
I even reminisce about going to midnight mass on Christmas Eve as a kid. I had no real clue what was going on because my mind was busy trying to imagine what I'd be getting the following morning. Tongue My dad stopped going to midnight mass when we'd get home at about 1 or 1:30am and I'd be up at about 5 or 6 anxious to open presents.

What I don't like about Christmas is how it feels like, I'm trying to enjoy Halloween, and Christmas is standing there tapping its feet and looking at its watch like it's saying, "Are you done yet? I need to step in here."

Leave autumn alone! Let us have Halloween and Thanksgiving before you barge in! Angry
Like Lewis Black always says about Christmas.... We've created a monster which can not be fed. Wink
(November 29, 2014 at 2:01 pm)Losty Wrote:
(November 29, 2014 at 3:04 am)Ophelia Wrote: I am living in a country where I only know a handful of people, where none of my family lives. I loathe Christmas. The holidays can fuck right off. I plan to spend Christmas wrapped right in a blanket burrito. Any of you blokes/lads feel the same of Christmas? I can't be the only Scrooge.

I also hate Christmas. It's probably the worst most depressing holiday. I like Cinco de Mayo. Now that's a holiday I can get behind. What are we celebrating you ask? Who gives a shit, pass the patron. Wink
Personally I wonna bring saturnalia back. Maybe you can help with that Wink
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Its just another day for me, another excuse to get drunk.
I remember trying to find an excuse to get drunk everyday. The holidays are always a better reason than "It's Monday morning! Let's celebrate the work week!" I got fired a couple times for than one.
"It's Monday morning! Let's celebrate the work week!"

He He, I like that one.
(November 29, 2014 at 3:50 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(November 29, 2014 at 2:01 pm)Losty Wrote: I also hate Christmas. It's probably the worst most depressing holiday. I like Cinco de Mayo. Now that's a holiday I can get behind. What are we celebrating you ask? Who gives a shit, pass the patron. Wink
Personally I wonna bring saturnalia back. Maybe you can help with that Wink

I'd be willing to help any way I can Wink
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 771 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 919 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  5G sucks. Jehanne 12 936 June 5, 2022 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 839 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Merry Christmas!! Jehanne 10 894 December 26, 2021 at 8:28 am
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 3771 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1908 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s a reasonable amount to give on Christmas? Apollo 3 410 December 25, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 851 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christmas cards brewer 8 512 December 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm