Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 3:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
RE: MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
(December 15, 2014 at 10:23 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: I have a few more threads to make, then I will be gone with the wind

More like flushed away with a fart.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 15, 2014 at 10:23 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(December 15, 2014 at 5:04 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: 'Flex my muscles'? On an internet forum? I'm enforcing the rules that you have agreed to abide by, and are there to keep the forum running efficiently. You got a problem with it? Message the staff.

Oh, my bad, I missed the part in the rules where you get to merge shit.

then perhaps you need to engage your brain and actually read them, soppy bollocks:

http://atheistforums.org/rules.php

See part 2? 'No spamming'.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-29859-po...#pid819797

You're welcome.

(December 15, 2014 at 10:23 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:

Are you mentally ill? You can't leave it alone can you? You're certainly one the stupidest people that's ever been on here, and that's saying a lot considering the dregs we've had here before. 'There is no fossil Record' and not knowing what the other side of the sun is like? I mean LOL. Come the fuck along?

I've repeatedly told you to stop being stupid. But it seems you are incapable. Very well.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Watching an apologist make an argument is like watching someone pick up a deck of cards, shuffle it, and then show me the cards one by one. I'm then expected to be surprised or impressed by this.

If you don't have anything new, don't bother.

And anyhow, if you can logically demonstrate God to be real, then faith is no longer required. And faith is what you claim to be important.

No one believes in any of this because of the terrible arguments they present. They're lame, after-the-fact rationalizations of an irrational foregone conclusion. Which is why they are always dishonest and unconvincing.

Also, do you notice how apologists often employ exactly the same arguments but then come to different conclusions? (Yahweh or Allah for example.)
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Just for the record, the Rules also state amongst the legal small print: "You agree that “Atheist Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit."

Staff have the right to amend, remove and otherwise edit any material deemed in violation of the Rules, as well as for the smooth running of the forum. The door's that way, just past the coffee machine, for anyone who doesn't like that.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
That's the problem though, Rob. They think they are new, and they're original and they're special for discovering/arguing them.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

Yeah, I guess they must. That's mighty arrogant to think they have come up with something so brilliant that no one else has thought of it for 2000 years. Especially when it turns out to be something you could find on another post on the same forum.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
It's also insulting to the intelligence that these arguments can be traced back ultimately to the same few sources. Craig, Bruggencate or Hovind, the usual suspects leave their insidious fingerprints everywhere.
Indeed. But I think the most insulting to the intelligence of all is, "Go read the bible." Especially when it's glaringly obvious that atheists have spent much more time reading it than Christians.

And I'm sure if a Muslim told them to "Go read the Quran", they'd get right on it.

Index of my best videos
Have we had "you just don't want to hear the truth because you hate me / hate God / enjoy your sinful lifestyle too much!!!" yet? That's the absolute death rattle of these things.
(December 16, 2014 at 4:48 am)Stimbo Wrote: Have we had "you just don't want to hear the truth because you hate me / hate God / enjoy your sinful lifestyle too much!!!" yet? That's the absolute death rattle of these things.

or the old "you just don't want to believe."

Forgetting that many atheists, perhaps the majority in places like the US, were once theists. I guess they just weren't the right 'type' of theist/Xtian.

We're in the 21st century, but reading the thoughts of some of these guys you'd think we were still in the 12th.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 2337 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4623 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8094 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3204 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3388 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1485 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3552 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2860 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16045 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2062 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda