Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 9:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theist zone
RE: Theist zone
Thanks, Min! Meh, I don't worry so much about spam. Gmail's filters work as well as any I've seen. Now that you sent it, though... I'll go back and edit it out of my post. No reason to tempt it.
RE: Godhead & theists
(July 23, 2010 at 5:20 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Ooh! I want it. Can I have a copy, please? [email address removed - take that spammers!]

ROFLOL

BTW, I've since found my online versions of "Misquoting Jesus" in which Ehrman begins his discussion of why the NT is bullshit and "Lost Christianities" in which Ehrman explains how Constantine's thugs eliminated the opposition put forward by various heretics. If you want these just sing out.
- In your view, what is god?

God is the creator of the world and everything in it.

- What does god do?

He guides us,if we ask.And he's always there in the background,ready for us.

- Are you religious? If so do you follow all of it?

Very much so.I don't follow all of it because I try to keep it simple.Most of it is unnecessary.The old testament makes hardly any sense to me,and basically I just follow Jesus.If he was here he would be very annoyed at what has been made of his teachings.

- Anything else?

Yes.I think it's very easy to get to heaven.Just love your neighbour,don't do stupid things,and just behave and try to be aware of what's going on around you and keep your head on.And express yourself because god made us in his image,and you should just do whatever you want to do,within the limits.You should enjoy the fruits of life.
RE: Godhead & theists
(July 24, 2010 at 12:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 23, 2010 at 5:20 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Ooh! I want it. Can I have a copy, please? [email address removed - take that spammers!]

ROFLOL

BTW, I've since found my online versions of "Misquoting Jesus" in which Ehrman begins his discussion of why the NT is bullshit and "Lost Christianities" in which Ehrman explains how Constantine's thugs eliminated the opposition put forward by various heretics. If you want these just sing out.

Can I get a copy?

[email protected]

Thanks,
-Freddy
Of all 3, Tav?
(July 24, 2010 at 8:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Of all 3, Tav?

The more the better.
(July 24, 2010 at 7:47 pm)Mr Olefemi Wrote: - In your view, what is god?

God is the creator of the world and everything in it.

- What does god do?

He guides us,if we ask.And he's always there in the background,ready for us.

- Are you religious? If so do you follow all of it?

Very much so.I don't follow all of it because I try to keep it simple.Most of it is unnecessary.The old testament makes hardly any sense to me,and basically I just follow Jesus.If he was here he would be very annoyed at what has been made of his teachings.

- Anything else?

Yes.I think it's very easy to get to heaven.Just love your neighbour,don't do stupid things,and just behave and try to be aware of what's going on around you and keep your head on.And express yourself because god made us in his image,and you should just do whatever you want to do,within the limits.You should enjoy the fruits of life.

Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God or are you just following the teachings of a man?
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Tav,

I got this back from the Mail Administrator.

Quote:Recipient: <[email protected]>
Reason: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

Please reply to <[email protected]>
if you feel this message to be in error.

The following attachments have been removed from the bounce message: Jesus.Interrupted-Bart.D.Ehrman.pdf
Paul, I sent them out. Let me know what arrives.

@ Tav. I still need you to double-check that e-mail addy.
I have received 'Jesus Interrupted' and 'Lost Christianities'. Did you send a copy of 'Misquoting Jesus'? If so, it has not arrived (yes, I checked my spam folder).

Thanks a lot, Min. Now I've got some interesting reading to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 760 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theist with Questions RBP3280 57 3223 April 1, 2022 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Dating / Married To Theist wolf39us 23 2984 April 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You're a theist against immigration? Foxaèr 54 9745 July 9, 2018 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A serious question for the theist. Foxaèr 18 3143 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Stupid theist tricks........ Brian37 6 1912 April 29, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3813 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 23915 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Theist Posters: Why do you believe your God exists? SuperSentient 65 14860 March 15, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  [1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second ProgrammingGodJordan 252 24339 February 17, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: maestroanth