Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 1:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A personal story...
RE: A personal story...
(February 13, 2015 at 11:56 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(February 13, 2015 at 7:26 pm)Pandæmonium Wrote: Christianity is irrelevant until people shove it in the face of those that don't want to hear about it. Keep it to yourself and you'll find less people attacking it.

You've never proven Christianity is irrelevant, you do not participate in Christianity so you know nothing of it's relevance, haters of a thing are considered the least reliable to know the relevance of it.

Yes because talking to fools who fall for this BS are totally the best people to talk to arent they? I can cite everyone on this Forum and indeed the many billions of people around the world who aren't christians who think Christianity is irrelevant

Like I said, it's irrelevent till morons like you start shoving it in people's faces trying to spread it like a disease. You're a carrier of stupidity. Stop it.

Quote:
Quote:But you can't. You're instructed to spread it like a disease, and so here we are.

We have been instructed to share our belief with love, because the world is diseased.

Exactly. So don't get all uppity when people tell you to fuck off, and don't play the persecution card (like you've done for 4 years on here) when you're told to do as such. We don't want to hear about you or your stupid death cult. Keep it in your pants or have it chopped off.

Quote:'Harassed'. You always play the same tune of persecution, so dressing it up as not persecution can stop right here. You're not going to get away with that nonsense. You think you're persecuted and act as such, despite the fact that people saying your belief is BS is not really persecution or indeed harassment.

You do not read with comprehension do you, same it would have saved you a rant.

'Shame', not same.

I've read enough BS you've posted over on this forum in the years ive been here GC to be able to read between the lines. Every chance you get you love to feel as though you're a victim, when really you haven't a clue.

Quote:So again, gutted for you I guess. Enjoy feeling harassed from when you wake up in the morning to when you go to sleep at night. Perhaps spare a thought for those who really are persecuted or 'harassed' around the world.

What an idiot you are, probably the biggest I've met in my life. Oh by the way anytime you want to harass feel free, it will add to our treasures in heaven.

GC

Never heard a peep out of you about christians who actually are persecuted around the world. In your little bubble in the US, a country still seething with religious idiocy, every non-Christian action taken by people in the public eye is decried as being an act of persecution against the rank and file.

Just as much reason to assume you're going to hell GC. By several hundreds of millions of Christians's definition youre a heathen blasphemer, so enjoy the fiery coal pits you believe in for some reason. Oh wait, lol, of course, GC's true Christian a clause kicking in again. And you have the audacity to call someone else an idiot? Pot and kettle.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(February 14, 2015 at 5:25 am)Pandæmonium Wrote:
(February 13, 2015 at 11:56 pm)Godschild Wrote: You've never proven Christianity is irrelevant, you do not participate in Christianity so you know nothing of it's relevance, haters of a thing are considered the least reliable to know the relevance of it.

Yes because talking to fools who fall for this BS are totally the best people to talk to arent they? I can cite everyone on this Forum and indeed the many billions of people around the world who aren't christians who think Christianity is irrelevant

Like I said, it's irrelevent till morons like you start shoving it in people's faces trying to spread it like a disease. You're a carrier of stupidity. Stop it.

This makes me think of the Ebola virus.
Religion does have a lot in common with disease.

It eats away from the inside. It has the tendency to spread to local areas. It mutates to avoid attempts at resistance. It has no real meaning of its own. You have to be very careful who your kids come in contact with, and that they are mentally vaccinated, or else they can catch it too. It attempts to stop the host functioning properly, and it is able to disguise itself to the immune system by pretending to be beneficial.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 14, 2015 at 6:55 am)robvalue Wrote: You have to be very careful who your kids come in contact with, and that they are mentally vaccinated, or else they can catch it too.

Personally, I'd rather not tell my kids anything in these terms. I wouldn't tell them what to believe, because I wouldn't want to give them the answers right away - especially since these would only be the answers I found, which are flawed and may only work for me. I'd like to think that if I ever have children they will look for what's right themselves, without having to follow someone else's road.
(February 14, 2015 at 6:49 am)watchamadoodle Wrote:
(February 14, 2015 at 5:25 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: Yes because talking to fools who fall for this BS are totally the best people to talk to arent they? I can cite everyone on this Forum and indeed the many billions of people around the world who aren't christians who think Christianity is irrelevant

This makes me think of the Ebola virus.

Religion's killed far more people that Ebola ever will.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(February 14, 2015 at 7:13 am)Norman Humann Wrote:
(February 14, 2015 at 6:55 am)robvalue Wrote: You have to be very careful who your kids come in contact with, and that they are mentally vaccinated, or else they can catch it too.

Personally, I'd rather not tell my kids anything in these terms. I wouldn't tell them what to believe, because I wouldn't want to give them the answers right away - especially since these would only be the answers I found, which are flawed and may only work for me. I'd like to think that if I ever have children they will look for what's right themselves, without having to follow someone else's road.
Sure yes, that's what I meant by vaccinated, I meant equipped to think clearly and make good assessments. I didn't mean telling them they must ignore certain things. Good to point that out, it's an important distinction Smile

Of course, they may still get infected even if vaccinated Wink Kids suck.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Yes. And it will pass.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
At OP: the next time you find yourself in chapel, you could always liven up things by reciting the following from The Meaning of Life:

Headmaster (supposedly reading from The Bible): And spotteth twice they the camels before the third hour. And so the Midianites went forth to Ram Gilead in Kadesh Bilgemath by Shor Ethra Regalion, to the house of Gash-Bil-Betheul-Bazda, he who brought the butter dish to Balshazar and the tent peg to the house of Rashomon, and there slew they the goats, yea, and placed they the bits in little pots. Here endeth the lesson.

Chaplain and students: O Lord! Ooh, you are so big! So absolutely huge. Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell you.

Chaplain and students (singing a hymn):
O Lord, please don't burn us.
Don't grill or toast your flock.
Don't put us on the barbecue
Or simmer us in stock.
Don't braise or bake or boil us,
Or stir-fry us in a wok.
(February 13, 2015 at 2:15 am)EccentricAlien Wrote: I go to a Catholic school (yes I know, shitty) and the first Wednesday of every month, we have mass at the school gym and all the students attend to it. I hate going. Not only because I think they are full of shit, but also because I think masses are very depressing and boring.

We have different priests sometimes. There is this dumbass priest that is such a jackass. He was talking about how most people today don't believe in God and he said "Being an atheist is considered intellectual, well, let me tell you one thing, THEY are the ones that are idiots!!" I just wanted to stand up and say "Yet you believe in something there is no proof of". I swear man...

Has anything like this ever happened to you??

If you say that, you would be being the silly, uninformed one.

1: Proof is what confirms something as true, evidence is what can be used to argue something is true.
2: Proof is an irrational demand for a belief. Did you need proof not to stick your fingers in the plug socket as a kid? Do you need proof the guy hanging around a dark alley at night is up to no good, before you avoid him?
3: There is nothing which we can use to prove gods existence from our limited perspective here in this reality, but really your argument is irrational unless you mean 'evidence', which i assume you do.
4: Evidence, being whatever can be used to argue that a position is true, is plentiful in the case of God. There is an abundance of it.
5: The only position you can rationally take is that in your opinion there is no naturalistic evidence which we are in a position to confirm should be taken as evidence for God.

Honestly, you might want to critically examine the rhetoric which flies around atheist circles before you rush forth to blindly repeat it.
(February 13, 2015 at 2:15 am)EccentricAlien Wrote: I go to a Catholic school (yes I know, shitty) and the first Wednesday of every month, we have mass at the school gym and all the students attend to it. I hate going. Not only because I think they are full of shit, but also because I think masses are very depressing and boring.

We have different priests sometimes. There is this dumbass priest that is such a jackass. He was talking about how most people today don't believe in God and he said "Being an atheist is considered intellectual, well, let me tell you one thing, THEY are the ones that are idiots!!" I just wanted to stand up and say "Yet you believe in something there is no proof of". I swear man...

Has anything like this ever happened to you??

Here lad. Think of Richard Jeni instead of the bullshit they are throwing at you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your story straight LinuxGal 1 980 November 29, 2022 at 5:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] The Story John 6IX Breezy 115 10727 November 21, 2022 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What do Catholics think of Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame" story? Woah0 2 653 August 26, 2022 at 9:46 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 7706 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The ridiculous story of the temptation of Jesus Simon Moon 24 2827 March 4, 2021 at 6:05 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  angel story video form Drich 107 11269 April 23, 2020 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Drich
  The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!! android17ak47 126 9796 October 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How much of my personal experience should I tell the world? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1493 January 18, 2019 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Personal evidence Foxaèr 19 6163 November 4, 2017 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: c152
  Truth in a story which is entirely dependent upon subjective interpretation Astonished 47 6809 January 10, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet