Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 4, 2024, 2:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians: how do you sleep at night?
RE: Christians: how do you sleep at night?
(February 21, 2015 at 7:17 pm)professor Wrote: True Christianity had to go underground and were called "Heretics".
Catholicism is at it's core (the mass) a sacrifice ceremony which adherents believe (participating in) cleanses them (till the next mass anyway).
It cleverly uses Christian jargon but replaces the meanings with BS.

@professor, which heretics were the true Christians?
- there were the Jewish Christians that thought Gentiles should convert to Judaism
- Gnostic Christians
- Marcionite Christians
- Gnostic followers of Valentinus
- Montanism
- Arianism
- Ebionites
- Nazarenes

Also, what does your denomination use for guidance? I assume you believe Satan has corrupted the Bible, and you believe Satan has corrupted the Christian traditions of Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Lutheranism, Anglicanism, Presbyterianism, etc.

Most churches have the Eucharist, and you imply that it is a corruption.
Prof, I am on my phone so can't provide links but if you google when the Old Testament was divided into numbered verses it wasn't until the Middle Ages. The original writers didn't number the verses.

Also, I own several bibles including a Catholic one. The Catholic OT is actually longer than the Protestant bible
(February 21, 2015 at 8:11 pm)professor Wrote: No Esq, the text have largely not been tampered with (except for the 10 commandments where the catholic bible deleted the commandment to make no images to bow down to, and split the commandment to not covet into two commandments to cover their lie).

How would you know?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Nope, the catholic bible has a few minor books added which were not included in the KJV and others.
No big deal.
Watcha, the devil has not corrupted the bible, other than in the verses I stated above found in the "Imprimatur " bibles from Catholicism.
God saw to it that He left a "User manual" just as the company I work for has for our products.
ITT: professor claims that, of the seven billion people on the planet and 2.2 billion Christians in the world, half of them are not True Christians.

Doesn't speak very well for a god who, presumably, wants everyone he created to spend eternity with him.
Watcha, the choice of which groups were heretics would be answered by finding out which ones were not hunted by the popes and their henchmen.
As for the Eucharist, this is a Roman term (as far as I know) and the groups you listed are more or less daughters of the great prostitute - Catholicism.
Jesus said to observe the passover elements in remembrance of Him and what He in His own flesh did for them.
Not as some re-sacrifice ceremony as in Catholicism.
To the degree any group observes the true meaning of "Communion" - they are real believers.

Yeah Rex, the best thing is to lay off all blame on God.
What could be better?
God judges the inner person and is full of mercy, even as He holds us accountable.
This covers human failure to understand.
I have no idea what you are trying to say, prof.
(February 21, 2015 at 8:11 pm)professor Wrote: No Esq, the text have largely not been tampered with (except for the 10 commandments where the catholic bible deleted the commandment to make no images to bow down to, and split the commandment to not covet into two commandments to cover their lie).

What they did is gloss over texts which contradict their teachings (like " In the last days some will DEPART from the faith- forbidding to marry and forbidding to eat meats"..) ( or "Call no man "Father" - (in the place of God), you have one Father who is God).
The Roman universal church negates the return of Jesus and the Millennium rule which is dead ahead of us.

But... but... but what if they're right and it's the protestants that have been deceived by the devil - Martin Luther? You can't prove anything you're saying, except by citing potentially heretical interpretations of scripture. Same as Catholics. Maybe you should consider bowing down to the Pope - just in case, because if you're wrong - you're going to hell, along with atheists, Muslims and - I don't know - bronies....

Don't worry - the Pope will forgive you and accept his stray sheep back into Christ's earthly flock. As long as you pay your tithes.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Rex, the condition of humanity is not to be laid on the doorstep of God, what you see is the result of our failures. That is what I meant in a tongue in cheek way. A position that goes down like a rat sandwich here and elsewhere.

HN, how do I know? First the Word (the bible) and second - personal experience.
Over 40 years of both.
Just like trying to describe the taste of a fruit is impossible to convey to another- so is spiritual truth to one in darkness.
Prof, how does that pertain to what I said?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 9754 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep vorlon13 5 1156 April 29, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  The benediction at last night's RNC drfuzzy 13 2714 July 21, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 42177 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 35778 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 55678 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The dog which barked in the night... Jacob(smooth) 11 3978 October 1, 2014 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 17191 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Christians, why are you hear (If you want to convert atheists read this) Lemonvariable72 66 19602 September 7, 2013 at 10:36 am
Last Post: max-greece
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 10196 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris