Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 1:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus face appears on muddy bank
RE: Jesus face appears on muddy bank
Looks more like the face from an ancient Greek statue than a desert dwelling Jew.

And apparently, Jesus haz a sad.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
He looks slightly anime-ish.
(March 25, 2015 at 10:33 am)Minimalist Wrote: There is nothing fucking stupider than a bunch of catholics.

Pentacostals? Mormons? Drich?
No. Catholics in big groups are amazing morons.

Drippy is a group of morons all by himself.
A group of Driches... just get them to disagree on something and you've won the internet. And life.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that debate.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
These faces become more or less recognizible when you're specifically told what to look for but I don't think that a non-obsessed person would have even regarded most of these patterns as faces, let alone Jesus' faces in their day-to-day life.
I clicked this thread thinking it was going to be something like the "mystery of the mud angel" from Father Ted. Every night outside O'Leary's bar, the strange figure of an angel appears in the mud. Coincidentally, Father Jack goes home covered in mud.

I wasn't disappointed.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 26, 2015 at 4:03 am)Smaug Wrote: These faces become more or less recognizible when you're specifically told what to look for but I don't think that a non-obsessed person would have even regarded most of these patterns as faces, let alone Jesus' faces in their day-to-day life.

I think it's just a case of pareidolia filtered through the lens of Christianity. These sightings of Christ's face on/from various things is actually a byproduct of evolution.

*snicker*
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
How the fuck can these bozos see the face of jeebus in anything when they have no idea what jeebus looked like?!?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The changing religious face of Ireland Pat Mustard 2 779 April 13, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 30729 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7401 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  The universe appears "old", but it is still less than 10,000 years old Justtristo 402 225752 March 4, 2014 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Church Closes Food Bank...Guess Why? thesummerqueen 4 1594 August 31, 2011 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Jesus appears on receipt Faith No More 60 21351 August 6, 2011 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Face of Jesus on a tea towel Welsh cake 6 2868 April 7, 2011 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7495 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oregon faith-healing parents fight to get baby back, face criminal charges binny 10 3376 August 4, 2010 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Thor
  Jesus Christ appears in Lebanon!! Psalm 23 85 49060 January 15, 2009 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: chatpilot