Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 7:10 am

Poll: ....will you accept God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
15.63%
5 15.63%
No
84.38%
27 84.38%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF in the end, you find that God does exist ....
RE: IF in the end, you find that God does exist ....
Great, now I'm hungry...
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Quote:The reason most of you say "no"... or have avoided, and toyed with the question is because you "don't know". And rather than admit to that you fuck around.
When the girl says no, she means no.......

The rest of that shit was as idiotic as the quoted bit above, btw.  

WTF Ron?   Heart

I did tell you that I had an ethical objection didn't I? You're bitching and moaning about an adult conversation while avoiding the opportunity to have one. I'm not the only person that presented you with the opportunity, either. Threads full of em. That -is- what you wanted.....right....? /shrugs
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I am fully aware of my parents, who actually did create me, and I certainly don't worship them. I made a whole thread before about why I think worship is a messed up concept. Maybe I should dig it out?

Even if God turns out to be the most amazing version he could possibly be, and I'm incredibly impressed, I'm still not going to worship him. If my life had been wonderful, I would be very thankful to him, and I would tell him so. But I wouldn't feel the need to demean myself in an everlasting submission. Sadly it has not, so I don't even have that to worry about.

Here is the post I made about worship, it's necro taboo but I'm happy for it to be revived Big Grin

http://atheistforums.org/thread-30732.ht...hy+worship
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Rob, not even if he can play faster than Yngwie Malmsteen?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I don't know who that is, but sure. If he can do that, I'll worship him Big Grin

The evidence suggests he'd actually play slower than a snail during his first music lesson.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(May 31, 2015 at 5:57 pm)ronedee Wrote: To clarify my question, for those who don't understand it: 

IF you met your maker, the one who created YOU in HIS image, would you accept Him unconditionally [without question] in every way? 
You STILL haven't clarified what you mean by that?
Quote:Will you Love Him?
Oh I don't know. His creation is pretty messed up, we'll have to wait and see how the relationship develops. It's not something one can say beforehand.
Quote: Or would you deny Him your love based on His absence in this life?
Again, we'll have to see. Love is a big word. Maybe we can just be friends?
Quote:Obviously, we have a choices here. We will also have a choice in front of Him when He says..... "Will you accept me as your God?"
WHAT. THE. FUCK. DOES THAT PHRASE MEAN??!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 31, 2015 at 1:38 pm)ronedee Wrote: ... will you unconditionally accept Him as your God?

Try to give better responses than my 5 year old. 

Yes, or no is fine.

Which god?  http://www.graveyardofthegods.org/deadgo...fgods.html

(May 31, 2015 at 4:46 pm)emjay Wrote: Yes, I would accept him - I'm an atheist, not an anti-theist, and I am an ex-Christian. I'm not angry at god, I just don't believe in him any more. But it seems to me to be a moot point anyway because you have to believe in and accept Jesus as your saviour in life, based on faith; in death and genuinely meeting god face to face it would not be based on faith but fact.

So you meet the God character and he says that the Jesus character that you've been worshiping all of your life is a fake.  What would you do then?  All of your religious beliefs have been for nothing since your version of the God character doesn't exist.
(June 1, 2015 at 12:40 am)robvalue Wrote: I don't know who that is, but sure. If he can do that, I'll worship him Big Grin

The evidence suggests he'd actually play slower than a snail during his first music lesson.

Here is a Norse god ...(Swedish)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Wow he is cool, nice! Some kind of foreign Brian May.

Index of my best videos
(May 31, 2015 at 8:51 pm)ronedee Wrote: Well.... while we're "assuming"... what IF He said: All that stuff down there is bullshit!" I created you and the others, and well.... left you on your own." I figured that you needed to learn things on your own." And I knew that you wouldn't want me telling you anything, so I just left that great planet for you to use while I was gone." Do you hate me for that?"
Now you are asking me how I would react if it was a completely different god who revealed himself to me. I wouldn't hate god for leaving us all to our own devices, since my life has gone pretty well. Heck, I might not even be curious, since it seems he is a hands-off kind of deity. Lots of other people might not be as relaxed, especially those who are suffering terribly and just found out that their lives are a sort of high school experiment for an all-powerful guy who was probably just bored.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What seems to be the latest claim about end times belief Vintagesilverscreen 5 173 May 19, 2024 at 9:52 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  This is the Beginning of the End Serafino 23 2311 November 25, 2023 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 41874 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 562 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 9945 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5478 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb the end is nigh 2!!! Drich 113 9196 October 1, 2020 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1738 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is priestly pedophilia really a sacrament ? How we can find out . . . vorlon13 12 1858 August 28, 2018 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 5019 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus