Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:06 am

Poll: ....will you accept God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
15.63%
5 15.63%
No
84.38%
27 84.38%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF in the end, you find that God does exist ....
IF in the end, you find that God does exist ....
... will you unconditionally accept Him as your God?

Try to give better responses than my 5 year old. 

Yes, or no is fine.
Quis ut Deus?
RE: IF in the end, you find that God does exist ....
No.   
I don't know exactly what "accept" means. I would acknowledge he exists. That's about it. I'm not going to kiss his arse. We can be friends if he wants to and he's not a jerk.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 31, 2015 at 1:40 pm)robvalue Wrote: I don't know exactly what "accept" means. I would acknowledge he exists. That's about it. I'm not going to kiss his arse. We can be friends if he wants to and he's not a jerk.

I guess "accept" means "except" to you? Hardly yes or no.
Quis ut Deus?
(May 31, 2015 at 1:40 pm)robvalue Wrote: We can be friends if he wants to and he's not a jerk.

I think, if we're talking about the god of the bible, we're already pretty sure he's a jerk.
What do you mean by 'find' that he exists? Different responses may be required depending on how I find out that he exists. If it's just a voice in my head, or seeing the sun dance, I'm not sure that's good enough reason to believe. If he presents himself overhead to all people in all nations, that's a different hypothetical, but I would not jump to the conclusion that this is necessarily 'God' of the bible. It could be a different god, the devil, a different supernatural creature, or aliens with advanced technology.

What exactly are you proposing as the experience which leads me to find that He exists?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Nope, the fact that I'm not christian has nothing to do with whether or not the christian god exists.  I have an ethical objection. That's what I find so delicious about my interactions with christers desperate to convince me, btw.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 31, 2015 at 1:38 pm)ronedee Wrote: ... will you unconditionally accept Him as your God?

Try to give better responses than my 5 year old. 

Yes, or no is fine.

Like Rob said, I'd have no choice but to accept that it exists, but that's a far cry different than accepting it as my lord and savior and devoting myself entirely to it, which I would never do, regardless, because I'm not that kind of guy.  Worship, as a concept, is despicable to me.

I could learn to respect and be friendly with this hypothetical god entity, if it proves deserving of such, but that's as far as I could go.  Unless it looked like Mila Kunis/Emma Stone/Natalie Portman.  Then I could go a bit farther.  Devil
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Yeah, I guess the question is just talking about the God of the bible, but if I found out "God" was real I'd not have any expectations that there would be any correlation.

Agreed, worship is a disgusting notion. I'm not worshipping anything.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
To the OP:

If you found out Satan existed and the god of the bible didn't, would you accept Satan as your God?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is the Beginning of the End Serafino 23 1696 November 25, 2023 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 35132 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 519 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 8865 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 4954 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb the end is nigh 2!!! Drich 113 8618 October 1, 2020 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1635 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is priestly pedophilia really a sacrament ? How we can find out . . . vorlon13 12 1760 August 28, 2018 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 4740 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 14805 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger