Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 5:41 pm

Poll: These races stand head and shoulders above the other 4... but which stands tallest?
This poll is closed.
Orsimer. 400% net effectiveness for a minute. That is: double damage, damage taken halved for 60 seconds.
30.00%
6 30.00%
Altmer. +50 magicka at level 1 (five levels worth of points), and 2500% mana regeneration for 60 seconds.
20.00%
4 20.00%
Dunmer. +%50% fire resistance, and Fire Cloak (Adept-level destruction spell) free at level one.
10.00%
2 10.00%
Breton. +%25% magical resistance, and absorb 50% of magicka from hostile spell casts for 60 seconds.
10.00%
2 10.00%
Redguard. +50% irrelevant resistance, and +1000% stamina regeneration for 60 seconds.
10.00%
2 10.00%
Argonian. +50% disease resistance, +underwater breathing, and 1000% health regeneration for 60 seconds.
20.00%
4 20.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyrim's been out a while.
RE: Skyrim's been out a while.
(April 8, 2013 at 1:53 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: There are some things about the game where the battle leading up to the reward is way more complicated than the reward deserves. Two spring to mind immediately, although the dragon shouts are a good example:

The stones of Barenziah

Crimson nirnroot in Blackreach.

Fuck both of those quests.

Stones of Barenziah: Yeah that one is pretty ridiculous. I completed it once, and have no intention of ever doing it again. Considering you can't get the fucking stones out of your inventory without finishing it, I'm never picking another one of the goddamn things up again.

Crimson Nirnroot: I didn't find this one to be that time consuming, I picked up all 30 while exploring Blackreach (which I was going to do anyways). The reward is pretty underwhelming, especially if you're not an alchemist.

At least it's not as bad as the Oblivion nirnroot-related quests. You have to find 100 of the damn plants spread over a much larger area to finish that questline, and the rewards are terrible. Murdering Sinderion is so much more satisfying. Unfortunately, that option does not exist in Skyrim as the fucker is already dead.
(April 8, 2013 at 2:11 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: The Jester and the Night Mother portion both irritated and squicked me out.

No way.

Cicero is the most entertaining character in the game.
(April 8, 2013 at 2:16 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(April 8, 2013 at 1:02 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: This whole conversation must sound like nonsense to people who don't play.
I didn't think there was anyone left in the world who didn't play...

Maybe there are some people who haven't played who have avoided video games and the internet in general with a mighty zeal (maybe, I don't believe these exist, of course Wink )...

But if they're on this site and they haven't so much as heard some of the terms we're bandying about: it's about bloody time. Virgins, man... fucking virgins.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Cicero is the most entertaining character in the game.

I hated him in the first play through and liked him in the second. I still wasn't that keen of him.
(April 8, 2013 at 2:19 pm)Insanity x Wrote:
(April 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Cicero is the most entertaining character in the game.

I hated him in the first play through and liked him in the second. I still wasn't that keen of him.

Cicero was to me what that dog was to Faith. Crucify the motherfucker.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Stones of Barenziah: Yeah that one is pretty ridiculous. I completed it once, and have no intention of ever doing it again. Considering you can't get the fucking stones out of your inventory without finishing it, I'm never picking another one of the goddamn things up again.

Crimson Nirnroot: I didn't find this one to be that time consuming, I picked up all 30 while exploring Blackreach (which I was going to do anyways). The reward is pretty underwhelming, especially if you're not an alchemist.

At least it's not as bad as the Oblivion nirnroot-related quests. You have to find 100 of the damn plants spread over a much larger area to finish that questline, and the rewards are terrible. Murdering Sinderion is so much more satisfying. Unfortunately, that option does not exist in Skyrim as the fucker is already dead.

To be fair... the potion of dungeon exploration was amazing for non-khajiit archers and assassins, and was nice in any sort of darkness for anybody Smile

But finding the damn things... my gods.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 8, 2013 at 2:06 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: To be fair... a few of them are not underwhelming, and are even overpowered. Become Ethereal, Elemental Fury, Ice Form, Slow Time, Storm Call, Unrelenting force.

The first can save you from taking fall damage if you slip up, elemental fury is a powerful dps increase, ice form is basically paralyze, slow time is a relative dps increase, storm call can fuck shit up, and unrelenting force can one-hit kill a roosting dragon if they are thrown from the mountain. Ez OP.

Those are actually some of the ones I used, but even those weren't really much until you found all three words.

And I never came across a dragon simply roosting. They were always flying in the air trying to kill shit. Do you have to be all stealthy to find that?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 8, 2013 at 2:11 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(April 8, 2013 at 2:04 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I think the questline was epic, but the end quest rewards kinda suck in comparison.

I didn't find much point in it or excitement until the end with the fire and everything. The Jester and the Night Mother portion both irritated and squicked me out.

On that note, you have the choice to kill the Jester, or let him live. I think it's quite impossible to pick the latter.

This may be the best evidence against free will that I have ever seen.

Big Grin

(April 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(April 8, 2013 at 2:11 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: The Jester and the Night Mother portion both irritated and squicked me out.

No way.

Cicero is the most entertaining character in the game.

Oh, I agree. It was quite entertaining to gut him like a pig.
(April 8, 2013 at 2:21 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Cicero was to me what that dog was to Faith. Crucify the motherfucker.

Thats what I thought first. Then I felt bad second time round. I probably hated him so much he made me feel guilty about hating him or something.
(April 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Crimson Nirnroot: I didn't find this one to be that time consuming, I picked up all 30 while exploring Blackreach (which I was going to do anyways). The reward is pretty underwhelming, especially if you're not an alchemist.

I was still learning how to "see" in-game, as it were, when I hit this bit. I marked it with a personal marker and came back after I had leveled up several times (meaning I had much more experience). I spent some hours on the couch one night finding them all, and got a headache for the way I was laying and the poor lighting in the room, which may have added to the irritation of the quest. Blackreach itself was beautiful - somewhere I'd love to explore especially if it were a full-immersion VR game. It seemed almost pointless to see the Falmer's helpers though - is there anything that's going to take me to that subterranean city later?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skyrim: Empire vs Stormcloak discussion. Chad32 14 1812 August 1, 2019 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Chad32
  BOTW vs. Skyrim Mechaghostman2 7 1857 June 19, 2019 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Skyrim Upgrade :D mlmooney89 89 9053 July 13, 2016 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Has anyone been following Twitch Plays Pokemon? TaraJo 12 3127 February 28, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Heart Skyrim Fenix 10 3911 January 18, 2014 at 2:03 am
Last Post: null--69
  Skyrim thesummerqueen 19 4573 March 24, 2013 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Mystical
  New Skyrim DLC Napoléon 86 36135 September 25, 2012 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Reforged
  Skyrim Countdown R-e-n-n-a-t 183 54697 January 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Assassins Creed Revelations, aka "what I have been doing this Christmas". leo-rcc 3 3756 December 27, 2011 at 9:57 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Light of Truth 13 4855 March 14, 2011 at 1:29 am
Last Post: lrh9