Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 1:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
joke time
RE: joke time
A geologist walks into a music shop. He asks the owner for a violin. The owner asks, "What kind?". The geologist responds, "Strata Various of course".
A little girl was asked what she wanted most for her birthday and she declared: “A baby brother.”
“Daddy and I would like to give you a baby brother,” said her mom, “but there isn’t enough time before your birthday.”
“Why don’t you do like they do at Daddy’s factory when they want something in a hurry? Put more men on the job.”
A farmer hires a new hand, and on the first day tells him, 'Go to the north pasture, round up the sheep, and bring them back to the pens.'

The new man goes off and comes back in good time. 'Here they are boss, all one hundred of them.'

'One hundred? I only own ninety six sheep!'

'Sorry, I thought you said to round them up...'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
God: "I am not God of confusion. I am God of peace".
-Hides Himself
-Word of God is cryptic - metaphoric often.
-Devil exists and yet he is also invisible
-Every Holy book claims to be the most awesome
How many religious people does it take to change a light bulb?

None. They just sit in the dark and demand you accept that the light is still on.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(May 23, 2022 at 10:00 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: How many religious people does it take to change a light bulb?

None. They just sit in the dark and demand you accept that the light is still on.

Or that it will turn on again "soon"...
Disappointing theists since 1968!
I had the toughest time of my life. First, I got angina pectoris and then arteriosclerosis. Just as I was recovering from these, I got tuberculosis, double pneumonia and phthisis.
Then they gave me hypodermics. Appendicitis was followed by tonsillectomy. These gave way to aphasia and hypertrophic cirrhosis. I completely lost my memory for a while. I know I had diabetes and acute ingestion, besides gastritis, rheumatism, lumbago and neuritis…
I don’t know how I pulled through it..
It was the hardest spelling test I’ve ever had!!
(May 25, 2022 at 12:48 am)Darinda Wrote: I had the toughest time of my life. First, I got angina pectoris and then arteriosclerosis. Just as I was recovering from these, I got tuberculosis, double pneumonia and phthisis.
Then they gave me hypodermics. Appendicitis was followed by tonsillectomy. These gave way to aphasia and hypertrophic cirrhosis. I completely lost my memory for a while. I know I had diabetes and acute ingestion, besides gastritis, rheumatism, lumbago and neuritis…
I don’t know how I pulled through it..
It was the hardest spelling test I’ve ever had!!

Try a med school exam.

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband is not in bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee.

'What's the matter, dear' she whispers as she steps into the room, 'Why are you down here at this time of night
The husband looks up from his coffee, 'It's the 20th Anniversary of the day we met'.
She can't believe he has remembered and starts to tear up.

The husband continues, 'Do you remember 20 years ago when we started dating, I was 18 and you were only 16,' he says solemnly.
Once again, the wife is touched to tears. 'Yes, I do' she replies.

The husband pauses The words were not coming easily. 'Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car'
'Yes, I remember' said the wife, lowering herself into the chair beside him.

The husband continued. 'Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, "Either you marry my daughter or I will send you to prison for 20 years'
'I remember that, too' she replied softly.

He wiped another tear from his cheek and said "I would have gotten out today."
America is fighting two wars - on terrorism and obesity.
Special luck - when you comes across a fat terrorist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No joke -- I have decided to convert to Christianity! Jehanne 10 2360 April 23, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  A sacred joke. Mystic 15 2834 January 20, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Big Bang Theory Neil Tyson joke Brian37 1 1513 May 18, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  There Has To Be A Joke Here, Somewhere! Minimalist 3 2397 October 1, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Joke Minimalist 59 17214 June 27, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  A little joke Sup 11 4350 April 10, 2014 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Evolution (is a) joke JesusLover1 12 9057 March 2, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Preacher joke 02 Drich 2 1914 February 12, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Preacher joke 01 Drich 8 4536 January 20, 2014 at 12:31 am
Last Post: Drich
  Make Up An Atheist Joke freedomfromforum 5 2902 October 6, 2013 at 12:30 am