Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 3:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.57 Average
Proving The Resurrection By the Minimal Facts Approach
RE: Proving The Resurrection By the Minimal Facts Approach
(July 22, 2015 at 7:28 pm)abaris Wrote:
(July 22, 2015 at 7:24 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Josephus mentions James the brother of Jesus and head of the Church in Jerusalem by name.

Hearsay proving hearsay. Good job, Randy. You still have absolutely no clue what history and evidence actually means. And yo have even less of a clue how the writers of old worked. But again, that's not surprising, since the only thing you have proven to us is your absolute ignorance on every topic not being bible.

You have nothing and the longer you go on, the more apparent it becomes that you will not because you cannot refute these five facts.
(July 22, 2015 at 7:36 pm)abaris Wrote:
(July 22, 2015 at 7:31 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Elvis never claimed divinity. Jesus did.

Elvis did not promise to rise from the dead. Jesus did.

Elvis did not perform other supernatural miracles during his lifetime. Jesus did.

Hopefully, you weren't trying to make a serious argument, were you?

Oh please....

Speaking of serious arguments. Do you even understand that concept? Are you out to loony us to death or what is this?

Quote a scholar. Cite a text. Make an argument.

(You have nothing.)
(July 22, 2015 at 7:31 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Hopefully, you weren't trying to make a serious argument, were you?

None of the preceding bullshit had anything to do with your reliance on the equally elusive disciples believing that they saw Jesus after he died. You asked for a theory. I gave you one by comparison, that people are fucking nuts and believe they see all sorts of unbelievable shit (ghosts, aliens, Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, etc.). You then pile on with erroneous crap. You have nothing in the way of evidence, just poor rationalizations that make you feel comfortable in your delusion.
(July 22, 2015 at 7:36 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: You have nothing and the longer you go on, the more apparent it becomes that you will not because you cannot refute these five facts.

Present even one fact - got it? What about Bugs Bunny taking a shit on my front lawn? You haven't refuted that either. But it's based on the same solid evidence.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
It seems that John Cleese has met Randy.

[Image: 9518575.gif]
(July 22, 2015 at 7:38 pm)Cato Wrote:
(July 22, 2015 at 7:31 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Hopefully, you weren't trying to make a serious argument, were you?

None of the preceding bullshit had anything to do with your reliance on the equally elusive disciples believing that they saw Jesus after he died. You asked for a theory. I gave you one by comparison, that people are fucking nuts and believe they see all sorts of unbelievable shit (ghosts, aliens, Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, etc.). You then pile on with erroneous crap. You have nothing in the way of evidence, just poor rationalizations that make you feel comfortable in your delusion.

There are five facts. Your theory must be demonstrated to be the best of the lot in terms of explaining all five of them.

Give it another go, cause the hallucination theory fails for many reasons.

Should I list them all?
(July 22, 2015 at 7:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It seems that John Cleese has met Randy.

A pity that you don't spend more time examining your conscience and preparing for confession, Min.

You can be reconciled to the Church before it's too late.
(July 22, 2015 at 7:45 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: There are five facts.

Five claims. You don't get the difference between fact and claim. So I call you ignorant and that's playing it nice.
(July 22, 2015 at 7:47 pm)abaris Wrote:
(July 22, 2015 at 7:45 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: There are five facts.

Five claims. You don't get the difference between fact and claim. So I call you ignorant and that's playing it nice.

He'll likely never understand the difference.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(July 22, 2015 at 7:56 pm)Spooky Wrote: He'll likely never understand the difference.

He's as ignorant as they come. Coupled with arrogance, which makes things worse. I don't know if I should laugh or cry over someone like this existing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving evolution? LinuxGal 24 2818 March 19, 2023 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6546 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 15891 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Travis Walton versus The Resurrection. Jehanne 61 15869 November 29, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why do Christians believe in the Resurrection of Jesus but not alien abductions? Jehanne 72 12003 June 27, 2016 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  We can be certain of NO resurrection - A Response Randy Carson 136 38149 October 2, 2015 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Disproving The Resurrection By The Maximal Facts Approach BrianSoddingBoru4 160 25649 July 5, 2015 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Obama and the simulated resurrection professor 116 18362 April 25, 2015 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2) His_Majesty 1617 332560 January 12, 2015 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part Ad Neuseum) YahwehIsTheWay 32 7304 December 11, 2014 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: robvalue