Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 2:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
(March 6, 2016 at 11:07 am)Little Rik Wrote: Members Who Most Consistently turn to mocking in order to mask their ignorance.

Glass houses, rikky.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Can we somehow merge this thread with the "last person to post wins" thread?
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.
(March 6, 2016 at 8:27 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(March 5, 2016 at 11:28 am)robvalue Wrote: There must be an "off" switch somewhere...

Only total peace of mind is able to switch off our many problems.

Total peace of mind doesn't exist. You haven't found it. And all you have as evidence is the word of a fool.

(March 6, 2016 at 8:27 am)Little Rik Wrote: Atheism is very famous for not providing that switch.  Banging Head On Desk

Can't provide what can't exist.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 6, 2016 at 11:25 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(March 6, 2016 at 11:07 am)Little Rik Wrote: Members Who Most Consistently turn to mocking in order to mask their ignorance.

Glass houses, rikky.

for us all.
anti-logical Fallacies of Ambiguity
Absolutely. However, truisms aside. in this context the idiom relates to "Members Who Most Consistently turn to mocking in order to mask their ignorance". This is atypical, generally speaking.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Moderator Notice
The discussion has become rather heated and personal, let's all calm down and stay on topic please. Thank you.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 8, 2016 at 7:18 am)robvalue Wrote:
Moderator Notice
The discussion has become rather heated and personal, let's all calm down and stay on topic please. Thank you.

Good advise rob.  Lightbulb
When is getting heated I just go in the swimming pool or the beach to cool down.  Smile
Some people never thought about it, did they?  I'm all ears!  Bird  I'm all ears!
He was talking to you as well.
(March 6, 2016 at 12:34 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(March 6, 2016 at 8:27 am)Little Rik Wrote: Only total peace of mind is able to switch off our many problems.

Total peace of mind doesn't exist.  You haven't found it.  And all you have as evidence is the word of a fool.

(March 6, 2016 at 8:27 am)Little Rik Wrote: Atheism is very famous for not providing that switch.  Banging Head On Desk

Can't provide what can't exist.

Fail again yog.  Banging Head On Desk
You don't have to be a black belt at the 10th dan to know that once you get there you will be able to perform at the top.  Lightbulb
The same thing apply to all performances.  Indubitably
As far as the beginning give you real progress you know that you are on right track.  Logic
You never thought about it yog, did you?  I'm all ears!
(March 8, 2016 at 9:23 am)Stimbo Wrote: He was talking to you as well.

Actually rob comments ( usually ) are not so much heated like those of some ex mates of mine.  Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2819 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6508 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2826 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3071 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5711 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 85348 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3556 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5315 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4771 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26051 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic