Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 11:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
(March 11, 2016 at 11:39 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 11:29 am)Little Rik Wrote: Yes, of course yog.  Lightbulb
The planet earth is flat and is the center of the universe.  Indubitably
I never thought about it yog, did I?  Banging Head On Desk

Giving up so soon?  Wise choice.

Now about your evidence that the pineal gland has anything to do with consciousness.  What is it? Wouldn't want to depend on mere dogma, would we?

Christians interpretation of the Bible let a lot to be desired.
Not all what is written in the bible is bullshit but the interpretation that priests gave in the past is wrong or doesn't make sense.
Now let us deal with their God creation.
According to the bible God created the world in seven days.
But what it really means?
According to yoga the number seven represent the 7 stages of creation but not as the Christians think.
In yoga the seven are not days or stages of time but the elements that are needed to create the universe.
First is the supreme consciousness then the mind the space the air the light-energy the water and the matter.
From here is easy to understand that the consciousness is the very top and the matter the very bottom
and the human body is none but a mirror of that reality.
Along the spinal cord there are all these element that control the solid the liquid the heat the air the space
the mind and the consciousness in the exact way as the importance require.
So yes the pineal gland is located at the very top of the spinal cord because is from here that control all the rest.
As the supreme consciousness create the universe with these 7 elements is obvious that the consciousness is the most important and as the pineal gland is located at the very top is obvious that
control all the rest but is the expansion of consciousness that tell this as well.  Lightbulb
(March 11, 2016 at 11:46 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 11:34 am)pool the great Wrote: This thread is epic. We can write a fucking book with just this thread LOL

I was just about to say that it'd be far too ridiculous ever to be published, but then I remembered Twilight and The da Vinci Code.

Hey don't diss the great Dan Brown thrillers! Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 11, 2016 at 12:08 pm)Little Rik Wrote: According to the bible God created the world in seven days.

You stupid donkey according to the Bible God created world in six days. I mean this guy is total embarrassment or some sort of retarded troll. You don't even bother to know anything, let alone the fucking Bible you apparently die hardheadedly live by and believe in. Why am I not surprised? It is well known that only 10% of Christians actually read Bible.

This is something that has been shown over and over again. Like the climax in Scopes trial when Bryan, as a self-styled expert on the Bible and on religion, offered to allow himself to be cross-examined by Clarence Darrow. Darrow promptly showed that Bryan was completely ignorant of modern developments in science; that he knew nothing of any religion but his own; and that his beliefs were those he had learned at his mother’s knee, his “expertness” not extending an inch beyond that.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 11, 2016 at 1:31 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 11:46 am)Stimbo Wrote: I was just about to say that it'd be far too ridiculous ever to be published, but then I remembered Twilight and The da Vinci Code.

Hey don't diss the great Dan Brown thrillers! Smile

If there were any, I certainly wouldn't do that. Tongue
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 11, 2016 at 11:46 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 11:34 am)pool the great Wrote: This thread is epic. We can write a fucking book with just this thread LOL

I was just about to say that it'd be far too ridiculous ever to be published, but then I remembered Twilight and The da Vinci Code.

The thread will stop being epic if no one answers the critter and no one post here any more. So to follow on my own suggestion, I will no longer post here.  It Wasn't Me!
And here's me not posting anymore.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Yeah but what about consciousness?
(March 11, 2016 at 12:08 pm)Little Rik Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 11:39 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Giving up so soon?  Wise choice.

Now about your evidence that the pineal gland has anything to do with consciousness.  What is it? Wouldn't want to depend on mere dogma, would we?

First is the supreme consciousness then the mind the space the air the light-energy the water and the matter.
From here is easy to understand that the consciousness is the very top and the matter the very bottom
and the human body is none but a mirror of that reality.

More unevidenced assertions. I tire of your dogma, give me reasons.

(March 11, 2016 at 12:08 pm)Little Rik Wrote: Along the spinal cord there are all these element that control the solid the liquid the heat the air the space
the mind and the consciousness in the exact way as the importance require.

More assertions. Are you ever going to get to the evidence?

(March 11, 2016 at 12:08 pm)Little Rik Wrote: So yes the pineal gland is located at the very top of the spinal cord because is from here that control all the rest.
As the supreme consciousness create the universe with these 7 elements is obvious that the consciousness is the most important and as the pineal gland is located at the very top is obvious that
control all the rest but is the expansion of consciousness that tell this as well.  Lightbulb

The fact that something is at the top of the spinal cord doesn't demonstrate that it is in control. The pituatary gland is equally at the top, I don't see you arguing its case. By "is obvious that" is usually code for, "I don't fucking know but I'm going to claim it anyway," so I'll assume that you're using it in that sense. And expansion of consciousness is a non-starter as well; you just want to drag this out of the arena of evidence so you can assert your yogic dogma. What about the pineal gland makes you think it is in control of anything, besides this weak sauce it's the top argument? You do realize the spinal cord has both efferent and afferent neurons -- perhaps the pineal gland is the thing being controlled! The rest of the brain is also at the top of the spinal cord and makes eminently more sense as a locus of control as we have shown that damage to parts of it affect that self-same control.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 11, 2016 at 11:46 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 11:36 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Rik, I have to say, The one true god FSM is highly upset you still do yoga, He hates yoga and has told me to instruct you that you misheard his wisdom and he said yogurt.
May his noodles fill your heart, RAmen.

Gee, I never thought about it sayer.  I'm all ears!
May I ask you how you got connected to God?  Huh

One day I was fraught with Woe, Misery and Anguish I had just made myself spaghetti when I asked the cosmos to give me the answers.
My home filled with a warm light and the dinner I had made and transformed into The Flying Spaghetti Monster appeared to me and gave onto me a tome of ultimate truth, He has tasked me with saving the poor lost souls like yourself who've gotten it so terribly wrong.

By accepting his noodles you too can find peace and harmony and after your physical body goes you ascend into Valhalla where you will feast endlessly and be rewarded with a mansion, doughnuts, strippers and a beer volcano with every possible ale on tap.

RAmen
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(March 11, 2016 at 9:25 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 11:46 am)Little Rik Wrote: Gee, I never thought about it sayer.  I'm all ears!
May I ask you how you got connected to God?  Huh

One day I was fraught with Woe, Misery and Anguish I had just made myself spaghetti when I asked the cosmos to give me the answers.
My home filled with a warm light and the dinner I had made and transformed into The Flying Spaghetti Monster appeared to me and gave onto me a tome of ultimate truth, He has tasked me with saving the poor lost souls like yourself who've gotten it so terribly wrong.

By accepting his noodles you too can find peace and harmony and after your physical body goes you ascend into Valhalla where you will feast endlessly and be rewarded with a mansion, doughnuts, strippers and a beer volcano with every possible ale on tap.
RAmen

Gee, that's all very very exciting.  Rolleyes
Only one question mate.  I'm all ears!
You say that when the physical body goes we can ........ascend into Valhalla where "we" will feast endlessly and be rewarded with a mansion, doughnuts, strippers and a beer volcano with every possible ale on tap
.....if we sort of convert but how can we enjoy all these physical things when we haven't got a physical body anymore?
I think your God never thought about it, didn't he?  Bong  Shake Fist  Bong

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2818 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6506 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2826 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3071 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5705 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 85226 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3556 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5314 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4768 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26049 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic